Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672322 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13020 on: April 27, 2017, 12:19:04 am »
I kept thinking there were two Paper Mario games for 3DS, but every time I would look for two I only found one. Turns out there's a Mario & Luigi Paper Jam.... wow that is confusing and the strange mash-up of both concepts into one is mostly why I never even knew this game was a thing. Don't remember anything about it coming out. Nintendo makes the strangest marketing decisions sometimes.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13021 on: April 27, 2017, 09:10:39 am »
I think I'm addicted to shmups.  8)

kashell

« Reply #13022 on: April 27, 2017, 09:28:08 am »
Right on!

I think I'm addicted to glamour.

« Reply #13023 on: April 27, 2017, 10:04:51 am »
So VGPC just added a collection tracker to their website, which is something I've honestly been surprised they hadn't done yet. 

I'm testing out their import feature right now, don't expect it to work very well.
Doesn't work very well.  It did import 90ish% of my file, but a lot was incorrect.  Some of that is my fault for not pulling out content that I knew wouldn't match (magazines, digital titles, swag, etc.)  And my one copy of Sonic (360) pulled 7 copies over.  *shrug*

And their actual management system is horrible and inconvenient.  Doing the import the way they did it though gave about $43,000.  Which isn't far off, I guess.

Everything is added as game only, so you have to manually mark box and manual, which for 4,000 titles is kind of a pain.  Also, If you have game + box, or game + manual, but not game + box + manual, you get the loose price.  Box + Manual with no game gives you $0.  A lot of items so far have loose and new prices, but no complete, so you have to mark it as loose to have a value at all, and then that value is always wrong.

Very frequently I'm seeing title's values go down when I mark from loose to complete, so it just further enforces how bad VGPC is in my eyes at tracking things.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13024 on: April 27, 2017, 10:14:08 am »
So VGPC just added a collection tracker to their website, which is something I've honestly been surprised they hadn't done yet. 

I'm testing out their import feature right now, don't expect it to work very well.
Doesn't work very well.  It did import 90ish% of my file, but a lot was incorrect.  Some of that is my fault for not pulling out content that I knew wouldn't match (magazines, digital titles, swag, etc.)  And my one copy of Sonic (360) pulled 7 copies over.  *shrug*

And their actual management system is horrible and inconvenient.  Doing the import the way they did it though gave about $43,000.  Which isn't far off, I guess.

Everything is added as game only, so you have to manually mark box and manual, which for 4,000 titles is kind of a pain.  Also, If you have game + box, or game + manual, but not game + box + manual, you get the loose price.  Box + Manual with no game gives you $0.  A lot of items so far have loose and new prices, but no complete, so you have to mark it as loose to have a value at all, and then that value is always wrong.

Very frequently I'm seeing title's values go down when I mark from loose to complete, so it just further enforces how bad VGPC is in my eyes at tracking things.

I just started importing my collection.  Let's see how it goes.  I'll keep y'all updated.

« Reply #13025 on: April 27, 2017, 10:17:33 am »

I just started importing my collection.  Let's see how it goes.  I'll keep y'all updated.
The smart move is to only use the import feature for loose games and just do everything else manually.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13026 on: April 27, 2017, 10:28:00 am »
Well, I used the export feature here and copy and pasted into the VGPC site.  It gave me $39000, but didn't import 500 or so items. 

In other news, my collection is for sale for the low low price of $50,000.  I'll be entertaining all reasonable offers.

Edit: This thing is broken.  Some stuff doesn't change the value if you add CIB.  Some actually goes down.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 10:37:59 am by turf »

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13027 on: April 27, 2017, 10:38:21 am »
Do you guys actually add your digital games?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13028 on: April 27, 2017, 10:41:41 am »
I don't.  Just physical stuff for me. 

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #13029 on: April 27, 2017, 10:44:36 am »
I don't.  Just physical stuff for me.

I'm slowly adding my physical games, OSTs, Amiibo, etc. However, I never understood the aspect of adding digital. I mean, I guess I could. I have PS+ games and stuff flowing everywhere, but it just feels odd adding them. If I went to my old Steam libraries, oh my!

« Reply #13030 on: April 27, 2017, 10:53:21 am »
I add digital games to my collection here, but I don't add PS+ or GWG because you don't keep those if your sub lapses.

I get the whole argument about if the service shuts down you don't have the games anymore, but as long as I have the games on my systems, it's mine until the system dies worst case.

It also helps me decide not to buy a physical copy of a game if I already have a digital copy.

I wonder how accurate that price is, turf.  I wouldn't be surprised if you review and find it added 5 or so copies of a bunch of different games.

Of course, when you've got 4,000 games, there is a damned good chance that the majority of those games aren't worth shit.  *shrug*

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13031 on: April 27, 2017, 01:27:46 pm »
Happy Kings day everyone.

Flashback2012

« Reply #13032 on: April 27, 2017, 01:47:58 pm »
Not that I go there on the regular but I saw on the news this morning that McDonald's is phasing out the Hi-C Orange Lava Burst in favor of some Sprite concoction. I guess if I do eat there in the future it'll be water as my choice of beverage since I don't really care for the rest of their soda offerings.  :P

desocietas

« Reply #13033 on: April 27, 2017, 02:40:28 pm »
Not that I go there on the regular but I saw on the news this morning that McDonald's is phasing out the Hi-C Orange Lava Burst in favor of some Sprite concoction. I guess if I do eat there in the future it'll be water as my choice of beverage since I don't really care for the rest of their soda offerings.  :P

whaaaat nuuuu I admit the orange soda was my go-to if I wasn't in the mood for Coke. For some reason it went really well with the Filet-o-Fish? I know, I have weird tastes sometimes...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13034 on: April 27, 2017, 02:57:59 pm »

Yep. It's mine. I paid for it. So why not?

If you click your icon picture on your profile, it does breakdown what items are physical, which are digital (as well as what is swag, what is games, and what is accessories).