Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672427 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13080 on: May 04, 2017, 01:09:24 pm »
Happy Star Wars day to all you Star Wars fans. Speaking of, I haven't seen gf78 around in a while. I hope all is well with him!

I sent him a message a few months back and he never responded. I know he was getting more into other things than gaming but I figured he would still be around.

Believe it or not, as much of a comic geek and sci-fi geek as I am, I'm not into Star Wars.

Me either. I prefer Star Trek to Star Wars. I also would prefer HP and LotR to Star Wars.  :-\

Grew up with Star Trek: TNG, but even then, it's all in the past, akin to something like The X-Files. Loved it back then, not really interested in jumping back into it now. Harry Potter is great, though :) I guess I prefer the fantasy over the sci-fi aspects.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13081 on: May 04, 2017, 01:10:23 pm »
Happy Star Wars day to all you Star Wars fans. Speaking of, I haven't seen gf78 around in a while. I hope all is well with him!

I sent him a message a few months back and he never responded. I know he was getting more into other things than gaming but I figured he would still be around.

Believe it or not, as much of a comic geek and sci-fi geek as I am, I'm not into Star Wars.

Me either. I prefer Star Trek to Star Wars. I also would prefer HP and LotR to Star Wars.  :-\

Me too. I love ST: TNG and Voyager, as well as the movies.

I feel like ST is real science fiction, it could possibly happen in the future. But Star Wars is more like a fantasy movie, set in space.

But you'll get destroyed if you say Star Trek is better than Star Wars in like any geek forum, lol.

desocietas

« Reply #13082 on: May 04, 2017, 01:12:10 pm »
But you'll get destroyed if you say Star Trek is better than Star Wars in like any geek forum, lol.

Haha, that's how I feel when I casually mention that I haven't played FF7 and have no interest in it (remake or original).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #13083 on: May 04, 2017, 03:24:21 pm »

Haha, that's how I feel when I casually mention that I haven't played FF7 and have no interest in it (remake or original).

O ... M ... G ! You have to play it. I named my child after that game. FF7 actually saved me from the dark side my life was at that time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13084 on: May 04, 2017, 03:43:34 pm »
^ I just recently re-acquired FF7. I too have not played it. Currently at the end-game of FFIV Advance. And I have FFV Advance next to get through. And then FFVI on FF Anthology for PS1.

Then maybe, one day, after all of that, I will play FFVII.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:58:45 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #13085 on: May 04, 2017, 03:47:12 pm »
Never played 7 either.  Not sure I ever will.

desocietas

« Reply #13086 on: May 04, 2017, 04:04:10 pm »
O ... M ... G ! You have to play it. I named my child after that game. FF7 actually saved me from the dark side my life was at that time.

Yeah, a lot of my friends are big on the game - I didn't grow up with it, so maybe that nostalgia factor doesn't affect me at all.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #13087 on: May 04, 2017, 04:47:39 pm »

last I heard from him because of the loss of income and medical bills he had to give up a lot of things. unsure of if he sold everything or not but I know he sold a lot of stuff and no longer has internet to talk to us.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #13088 on: May 04, 2017, 04:52:49 pm »

last I heard from him because of the loss of income and medical bills he had to give up a lot of things. unsure of if he sold everything or not but I know he sold a lot of stuff and no longer has internet to talk to us.

That's a shame. I think he also said his work internet wouldn't let him come by either, which is where he used to visit from. Hopefully he's doin' all right and we'll see him again soon.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13089 on: May 05, 2017, 02:47:03 pm »

Dang, that is one fugly box. (But a damn good game!)

shepard11

« Reply #13090 on: May 05, 2017, 04:04:30 pm »

That's a shame. I think he also said his work internet wouldn't let him come by either, which is where he used to visit from. Hopefully he's doin' all right and we'll see him again soon.

Man I hope he's okay. I brought a lot games off of him. And was like the first forum member to talk to me.

kashell

« Reply #13091 on: May 05, 2017, 04:12:33 pm »
Yeah, he's a great guy.

desocietas

« Reply #13092 on: May 05, 2017, 05:59:28 pm »

Man I hope he's okay. I brought a lot games off of him. And was like the first forum member to talk to me.

Yeah, he's a great guy, and I've gotten a lot of good stuff from him too. Excellent collection and forum member. He should come back soon to see the great things we say about him! :D
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #13093 on: May 06, 2017, 06:23:48 pm »
I know all too well how it sucks when you're health gets the best of you, especially when you don't have insurance. Like me. I've been unwell for almost the whole year, battling infection and still uncertain about what's going to happen or if they're going to find it's actually something worse and much more expensive. Always been really healthy, never visited a doctor, and never dreamed I would need insurance, then this all hit me like a ton of bricks right after the sign-up deadline ended.  :-\

Haven't been up for much of anything myself, too stressful and depressing. I don't handle being chronically ill very well, as I'm already a hypochondriac.

kashell

« Reply #13094 on: May 08, 2017, 08:03:45 am »
I thought they found what was wrong and wrote you a prescription.