Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1672418 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13095 on: May 08, 2017, 10:20:51 am »
I thought they found what was wrong and wrote you a prescription.

They did diagnose it and attempt to treat me, and while that somewhat resolved the first issue (inflammation still returns now and then), it ended up leading to completely different symptoms that the doctors haven't been able to pin-point (possibly caused by the strong anti-biotics I took) and so now we're just trying things to see what might help with this issue, but it's still basically guess work. Will probably require a bunch of expensive labs done this week if my current meds don't work.

kashell

« Reply #13096 on: May 10, 2017, 09:59:18 am »
Someone brought donuts into work. e.e

Time to channel my inner big girl and begin my consuming.

shepard11

« Reply #13097 on: May 10, 2017, 10:29:35 am »
When I read this all I could think of is Homer Simpsons reaction to seeing donuts.

kashell

« Reply #13098 on: May 10, 2017, 10:42:22 am »
Accurate.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13099 on: May 10, 2017, 10:46:22 am »

I took The Boy to get a donut before school.  It was hard for my inner (and outer) fat kid to not get a dozen and see how many I can eat.   ;D

I skipped it and ate my fruit and yogurt that was still delicious.  I probably feel better for it.

rayne315

« Reply #13100 on: May 10, 2017, 11:14:23 am »

I took The Boy to get a donut before school.  It was hard for my inner (and outer) fat kid to not get a dozen and see how many I can eat.   ;D

I skipped it and ate my fruit and yogurt that was still delicious.  I probably feel better for it.

that's the problem with working for a LARGE company. there are ~800 of us that all work in this cube farm and 1500-2000 that work in the factory next door so I get tempted every day with cookies and cupcakes and doughnuts.. oh my!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #13101 on: May 10, 2017, 11:56:14 am »
that's the problem with working for a LARGE company. there are ~800 of us that all work in this cube farm and 1500-2000 that work in the factory next door so I get tempted every day with cookies and cupcakes and doughnuts.. oh my!

Daaaayum. Everyday would be cheat day if I worked there.

soera

« Reply #13102 on: May 10, 2017, 03:25:30 pm »
Im a small bastard ... but one thing I can pack away is donuts. I remember right about the time I started working as an animal control officer, a lot of us were invited to some kind of seminar. They had donuts and I probably ended up eating 14 of them. The current receptionist at the time for the shelter didnt know me yet but by the time it was over, she couldnt believe I could eat that many. Oh she had so much to learn.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13103 on: May 11, 2017, 11:48:45 am »
My weakness is a classic cream filled long-john with chocolate icing. So sweet it will make you nauseous, but I can't resist.

soera

« Reply #13104 on: May 11, 2017, 04:35:54 pm »
My weakness is a classic cream filled long-john with chocolate icing. So sweet it will make you nauseous, but I can't resist.

So ... many ... comments.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13105 on: May 11, 2017, 05:11:41 pm »

So ... many ... comments.

Who doesn't love chocolate cream loaded long-johns? I also enjoy a glazed confectionery with custard filling on occasion.

« Reply #13106 on: May 15, 2017, 09:54:17 am »
Not a complaint, just a little local game store story.

So I went to a local game shop over the weekend, definitely my favorite local shop because they price well and are pretty cool.  I rarely attempt to haggle because the prices are pretty good overall.  I'm also used to not haggling because the major game stores in the area are Gamestop clones with corporate policies and such.

They were doing a B2G1 sale and I grabbed a bunch of $1-10 games and then started looking at pricier things.  I saw they had a NFR Tetris Attack (one of my all time favorite games) priced at $35.  I wanted it, but I didn't want to spend more time in the store trying to find other $35 games and they had 2 $40 games I wanted.  So I asked if he would do $35 a piece so they are all the same price.  He thought about it for a minute and said no because it claimed to have about $60 in the set and he wouldn't be making much money.  We went back and forth for a while chatting while he was pulling discs and stuff.  He mentioned that he couldn't find one of the discs so I just wound up not getting the stack of similarly priced games because I didn't want to have to look for another $6 game (it's a weird price for them).  Then I figured I'd try again, one of the games is worth over $40, so I was willing to pay $40, but the other game was legitimately worth about $30-35 so I figured I'd see if he'd at least do $35 for the one game.  He thought about it for a few seconds and accepted the deal.  He started talking like saying "Matter of fact..." and then he kind of got side tracked by something so I don't know if he was going to sweeten the deal or anything but nothing came of that.  I had been in there for at least an hour looking around, so I was thirsty so I grabbed probably what was $6 worth of drinks.  He rang me up and said not to worry about the drinks. 

I get that a lot of times drinks don't actually cost a lot, but I still think it's funny that he wouldn't eat $5 on a game, but he'll eat $6 on drinks.

Also, they had 2 copies of Tiger Woods 99 (PS1) and one copy was the release that has the NSFW South Park Pilot on it.  I even had them pop the game into their computer to verify, which was very nice of them.  I bought both copies because why not.

I had a fairly busy weekend, so I'll take pictures this evening and post in the pickup thread tomorrow.

Edit: Another fun story about a different local store... the bad one.  They had a b1g1 for PS2 games under $10 this weekend.  They posted pics online to advertise, but the pics they posted were mostly games priced over $10 but taken in such a shitty manner that you can't see ANY of the price stickers, that way you'll go to the store hoping for a deal and finding nothing but sports games and 30 copies of ATV Offroad Fury.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:06:04 pm by ignition365 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13107 on: May 15, 2017, 04:42:04 pm »
I ordered my wife a Mother's Day gift last week based on an ad on Facebook that said "Still time to arrive by Mother's Day!"

I literally just got the shipping notice, the day AFTER Mother's Day. Not only that, it's shipping international from freaking China so it won't be here for another month!

What a bunch of freaking bullshit!

Warmsignal

« Reply #13108 on: May 15, 2017, 06:01:59 pm »
Better late than never.

I get that a lot of times drinks don't actually cost a lot, but I still think it's funny that he wouldn't eat $5 on a game, but he'll eat $6 on drinks.

Guy who runs the locally owned game store in my area has admitted he doesn't really care to sell the better games in his store, would rather keep them unless someone is willing to pay top dollar. Not sure if he's also a collector, or maybe it's an investment for him, because the game store is not his primary business. Anything super rare that comes in goes on the Not For Sale shelf. The guy used to be too generous on his stuff, and now it's eBay BIN prices. That's fine, but the only thing I don't like his how he attempts to buy from walk-ins like it's a pawn shop - "How much do you want for the whole box?" without even valuing anything. If they say $20 he gets a console and bunch of games for $20. He preys on ignorant people but usually won't buy from collectors. Kinda shady.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 06:05:07 pm by Warmsignal »

kashell

« Reply #13109 on: May 16, 2017, 08:06:35 am »
Better late than never.

Better late than pregnant.