Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542118 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13410 on: August 03, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »
I know I'm supposed to be all super-nice and all when I'm a seller. But man, I find it annoying as hell when I get messaged with stuff like, "How much?", "What comes with it?", and "Pics?". All of which I've gotten, and all of which is right there in the posting!

I swear most people can't read. Even at work, extremely often I will say something and then be asked something that I literally just answered in the message above.  ::) At first you shrug it off, but it gets old.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13411 on: August 03, 2017, 04:48:50 pm »
I know I'm supposed to be all super-nice and all when I'm a seller. But man, I find it annoying as hell when I get messaged with stuff like, "How much?", "What comes with it?", and "Pics?". All of which I've gotten, and all of which is right there in the posting!

I swear most people can't read. Even at work, extremely often I will say something and then be asked something that I literally just answered in the message above.  ::) At first you shrug it off, but it gets old.

Preaching to the choir. I'm a computer instructor. It's on a daily basis, practically, that I will explain an assignment, and the very next thing out of someone's mouth is, "What are we doing today?" Because they were B.S.ing while I was explaining it.

karyann

« Reply #13412 on: August 03, 2017, 05:14:26 pm »
Preaching to the choir. I'm a computer instructor. It's on a daily basis, practically, that I will explain an assignment, and the very next thing out of someone's mouth is, "What are we doing today?" Because they were B.S.ing while I was explaining it.

And just as we're having this discussion... I'm coordinating a test today and specifically asked the testers to screenshot one thing and only that one thing. Somehow they all managed to send me a crap-ton of unrelated screenshots along with it.

In their defense, in the past they were asked to screenshot those extra things during that specific test. But I put a lot of emphasis on "this and nothing else"...

desocietas

« Reply #13413 on: August 03, 2017, 05:56:31 pm »
Hahaha, yes, I know those days.

The other month I was asked by an instructor to give a brief (impromptu) introduction to the library to his students.

Me: Welcome to the library, blah blah, we have computers available here that allow you to search for blah blah and for blah. We have current periodicals to our right here that can be checked out for 1 week and you can also request items to be sent from our other campus. Blah blah blah.

Teacher, who has been flipping through a magazine: Great! Can you tell us about the computers you have in the library?

Me: Uh... yeah, ... we have computers available here that allow you to search for blah blah and for blah.

Teacher, still going through the magazine: Thanks! What about these magazines and periodicals over here to the right?

Me: *sigh* ....
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13414 on: August 03, 2017, 07:59:31 pm »

And just as we're having this discussion... I'm coordinating a test today and specifically asked the testers to screenshot one thing and only that one thing. Somehow they all managed to send me a crap-ton of unrelated screenshots along with it.

In their defense, in the past they were asked to screenshot those extra things during that specific test. But I put a lot of emphasis on "this and nothing else"...

As a Lead Developer I can tell you... THIS WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN.

Also, most of the time, the testers are clueless but think they know what is going on.

karyann

« Reply #13415 on: August 04, 2017, 03:21:30 pm »

Also, most of the time, the testers are clueless but think they know what is going on.

Yeah, coordinating humans is definitely not my thing. I used to be the second-in-command on a team, and since the team lead was usually always busy elsewhere, I was in charge most of the time. Often wanted to rip my hair off ::)

I've had the opposite effect as well though. The fun thing with having been both a tester and a programmer is that I can safely say that there are clueless people in every aspect of the production  ;D

doafan

« Reply #13416 on: August 04, 2017, 03:25:54 pm »
Don't want to create a new Topic for a simple question so am going to ask this here: Does Code of Princess works at the 2DS ?, am interested in this title and really want to know if I will be able to play it  :)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #13417 on: August 04, 2017, 03:52:28 pm »
Don't want to create a new Topic for a simple question so am going to ask this here: Does Code of Princess works at the 2DS ?, am interested in this title and really want to know if I will be able to play it  :)
I don't have a 2DS, but my understanding is that all 3DS games play on the 2DS (except the obvious -NEW- 3DS games)

desocietas

« Reply #13418 on: August 04, 2017, 07:55:34 pm »
I don't have a 2DS, but my understanding is that all 3DS games play on the 2DS (except the obvious -NEW- 3DS games)

Correct, every game for the regular 3DS can be played on the 2DS. I often play with the 3D slider set to 2D anyway :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #13419 on: August 04, 2017, 08:20:34 pm »

Now that you mentioned dunno why I didn't checked before the release dates of this two ?, Code of Princess was released at April 19 of 2012 meanwhile the 2DS was released October 13 of 2013 so it has perfect sense that it has to work on this portable.

Correct, every game for the regular 3DS can be played on the 2DS. I often play with the 3D slider set to 2D anyway :)

Read days ago at some web pages that some people were complaining about Hyrule Warriors Legends at the 2DS, they mentioned that even when the game runs perfectly there are some parts of it were the game suffers slow framerates so had the idea that the same thing might gonna happen with Code of Princess, searched for a couple of more info and game plays of this one running at the 2DS but never found neither more information or videos  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

desocietas

« Reply #13420 on: August 04, 2017, 09:10:13 pm »
Read days ago at some web pages that some people were complaining about Hyrule Warriors Legends at the 2DS, they mentioned that even when the game runs perfectly there are some parts of it were the game suffers slow framerates so had the idea that the same thing might gonna happen with Code of Princess, searched for a couple of more info and game plays of this one running at the 2DS but never found neither more information or videos  >:(

Ah, I can understand your concern. Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS and its stuttering issues were pretty commonly reported unless the game was being played on a N3DS. They might as well have made it N3DS-exclusive but didn't for some reason. Code of Princess doesn't have any stuttering issues afaik on the older 3DS, so I imagine it should work just fine on the 2DS.

I own the game but haven't played too much of it. I don't recall any stuttering from my experience, though, on my non-N3DS.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

« Reply #13421 on: August 04, 2017, 09:57:24 pm »
On a reg 3DS, Code of Princess stutters pretty excessively. I've played through it a couple of years ago, and it got pretty repetitive as time went on. There is also a PC port that doesn't seem to have slowdown issues as well.

kashell

« Reply #13422 on: August 05, 2017, 11:22:07 am »
Code of Princess was fun for a few hours. I feel like they could have done more with it.

pacpix

« Reply #13423 on: August 05, 2017, 02:13:59 pm »

Yeah, coordinating humans is definitely not my thing. I used to be the second-in-command on a team, and since the team lead was usually always busy elsewhere, I was in charge most of the time. Often wanted to rip my hair off ::)

I've had the opposite effect as well though. The fun thing with having been both a tester and a programmer is that I can safely say that there are clueless people in every aspect of the production  ;D

We got clueless people on the IT/Infrastructure side of things too supporting your programs  ;D

Luckily as far as programming goes I'm the only one in my group that really does it so I only have to deal with computer frustrations instead of people frustrations  :P (granted MUCH smaller scale projects of course)

Also a belated welcome back Karyann!  :)
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #13424 on: August 07, 2017, 08:15:29 am »
@azure:

So, I gave my brother my credentials to log into my username on his PS3. He got a message saying he wasn't allowed to sign in as other people on his console. Is there something else that needs to be done? Those last two trophies are taunting me something fierce!