Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542110 times)

rayne315

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13560 on: September 01, 2017, 01:46:37 pm »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

« Reply #13561 on: September 01, 2017, 02:50:43 pm »
In more exciting news...I won review of the month again!

It's for Valkyria Revolution.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13562 on: September 03, 2017, 03:53:03 am »
A crowded arcade in 2017! This was at San Francisco Comic-Con today:

And I had to share this photo of the Super Mario Bros. Pinball Machine that is just so cool:

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13563 on: September 05, 2017, 09:42:35 am »
And I had to share this photo of the Super Mario Bros. Pinball Machine that is just so cool:

I almost bought one of those 2 years ago.  I drove to get it and everything.  I was in love with the goofy thing, but it had water damage and one ball got stuck when I was trying it out.  I couldn't turn loose of the $500 the guy wanted for it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13564 on: September 05, 2017, 10:54:49 am »
While doing a personal audit of my N64 games, I've come across another baffling situation where I thought that I owned a game that I apparently don't. It's such a mind-**** when that happens. Like you look for the specific game and you're like, "where is it?!?" and it's just not there. No way to prove you ever actually had it. Even though you have it listed on VGC, and you know that you've never cataloged anything that wasn't in your hand as you did it. This has happened before with a DS game once, I just ended up buying it again (or maybe for the first time?).

The game in question is Duke Nukem 64, so not a big deal money-wise. But I swear that I re-bought that game years ago, and that I remember seeing it in my stack of 64 games. It's not there. It's just nowhere. It's listed on my VG Collect, but it's NOT listed on my more recent GameEye app. I'm gonna take all of the drawers out of my old dresser where my 64 games used to be and see if it fell back there somehow, but I doubt it. Must have jumped dimensions again - this one is mostly the same, except for one game in my collection.

« Reply #13565 on: September 05, 2017, 11:02:51 am »
While doing a personal audit of my N64 games, I've come across another baffling situation where I thought that I owned a game that I apparently don't. It's such a mind-**** when that happens. Like you look for the specific game and you're like, "where is it?!?" and it's just not there. No way to prove you ever actually had it. Even though you have it listed on VGC, and you know that you've never cataloged anything that wasn't in your hand as you did it. This has happened before with a DS game once, I just ended up buying it again (or maybe for the first time?).

The game in question is Duke Nukem 64, so not a big deal money-wise. But I swear that I re-bought that game years ago, and that I remember seeing it in my stack of 64 games. It's not there. It's just nowhere. It's listed on my VG Collect, but it's NOT listed on my more recent GameEye app. I'm gonna take all of the drawers out of my old dresser where my 64 games used to be and see if it fell back there somehow, but I doubt it. Must have jumped dimensions again - this one is mostly the same, except for one game in my collection.
I hate when this happens.  I have 2 or 3 games just like this that I need to replace.

In my situation though, they may have been stolen.

desocietas

« Reply #13566 on: September 05, 2017, 11:17:08 am »

I hate when this happens.  I have 2 or 3 games just like this that I need to replace.

This has totally happened to me. I go so far as to doubt myself so much that I end up replacing the item just to find out like 6 months later that someone had borrowed it -____-
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #13567 on: September 05, 2017, 04:49:02 pm »

This has totally happened to me. I go so far as to doubt myself so much that I end up replacing the item just to find out like 6 months later that someone had borrowed it -____-

I've sold a lot of games over the past year, so when that happens to me I just assume that I sold it without removing it from my collection... even if I sometimes have no recollection of wanting to get rid of it  :o

I was also given a very awesome Overwatch pre-order bonus pin last year, which I'm now pretty sure was stolen. Sure, I moved twice since I got it, but I "lost" it before I even moved the first time. I'd rather not doubt friends, but I looked everywhere and unpacked everything  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13568 on: September 05, 2017, 08:11:23 pm »
So, there's a guy on Facebook going to gaming groups, and telling people to message them their VGCollect export files so he can convert them to his game app, Gameye.

Nothing against the law about doing that, but I find it quite tasteless. Especially after I told him I'm fine with VGCollect, so he proceeded to knock VGC's app and push for me to export my file again.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:15:49 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #13569 on: September 05, 2017, 09:03:23 pm »
So, there's a guy on Facebook going to gaming groups, and telling people to message them their VGCollect export files so he can convert them to his game app, Gameye.

Nothing against the law about doing that, but I find it quite tasteless. Especially after I told him I'm fine with VGCollect, so he proceeded to knock VGC's app and push for me to export my file again.
VGC's app does in fact suck.  Don't get me wrong, it serves a fantastic purpose while hunting, but that's about it.

You can hardly do much else other than view your collection... but I've used Gameye and it's ugly and unintuitive.  I prefer VGC while hunting, can't envision anything topping it in terms of usability out on the hunt.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13570 on: September 05, 2017, 11:22:08 pm »
GameEye is cluttered and too hard to use, but it's the only tolerable thing since VGC stopped letting me log in. All I want is a simple text list, the old VGC app was perfect.  :'(  Still, I wish I knew about exporting my stuff to GameEye before I manually did it.

desocietas

« Reply #13571 on: September 05, 2017, 11:45:22 pm »
Nothing illegal about it, but it's pretty messed up 'cause the database of VGC is all done by other users. So he's basically taking all the combined efforts of VGC members for his own app purposes. Different from other places that take from Giant Bomb's database, 'cause at least they usually credit Giant Bomb... Doubt this guy will credit VGC's database by any means.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13572 on: September 06, 2017, 08:38:10 am »
So an update on my ebay issue.  The buyer opened the game and saw there are no scratches and decided that it was fine and that he didn't need to return it... but it's been a few days since I asked and he hasn't cancelled the return.

So now my money from the sale is just sitting their on hold until he finally goes and cancels the return.  This sucks.

This guy is definitely going on my block list.

kashell

« Reply #13573 on: September 06, 2017, 08:39:02 am »
I actually like Game Eye. *shrug*

« Reply #13574 on: September 06, 2017, 10:14:38 am »
It just clicked to me that Yakuza 6 is coming out early next year and I'm even more hyped for it.

I preordered the CE because it looked dope and didn't really recognize what game I was preordering and now that I've played Kiwami and am playing 0 I'm REALLY hyped for this CE.