Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1552525 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13890 on: November 17, 2017, 02:00:17 am »
Why is Axiom Verge going to be more expensive for Switch than PS4?

Because the cartridges cost more than blu-ray dvds to manufacture.
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

Warmsignal

« Reply #13891 on: November 17, 2017, 06:46:18 pm »
Ive never understood the gutted copy concept either. But Gamestop does have a lot of business practices that dont make sense.

Used to be when they'd sell a gutted new game, they'd put a sticker over the spine so that new games couldn't be returned if "re-opened". Now they don't even bother doing that. So I guess you can just return it, and get all of your money back after you beat it.

« Reply #13892 on: November 19, 2017, 11:56:10 pm »
Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for PS4, Xbone, Switch.  Yah yah yah yah yah yah!

kashell

« Reply #13893 on: November 20, 2017, 07:30:38 am »
Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced for PS4, Xbone, Switch.  Yah yah yah yah yah yah!

Awesome. Even if Valkyria Revolution was a bummer, I'm still a fan of the series and happy to see it continue.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13894 on: November 20, 2017, 11:52:36 am »
I really need to be working.  I just have a bad case of anal glaucoma today and probably all week.

kashell

« Reply #13895 on: November 23, 2017, 09:53:48 am »
Happy Turkey Day, my fellow gaming turkeys!

doafan

« Reply #13896 on: November 23, 2017, 01:34:49 pm »
I really need to be working.  I just have a bad case of anal glaucoma today and probably all week.

boss: hello boss here
turf: yeah i need to call off work today
boss: why?
turf: I have anal glaucoma.
boss:what the heck is that?
turf: i just cant see my ass coming to work today!  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

soera

« Reply #13897 on: November 23, 2017, 06:16:31 pm »
Stuff

Who the hell is that wrestler that shows up in every signature you have?

doafan

« Reply #13898 on: November 24, 2017, 12:22:30 pm »
Who the hell is that wrestler that shows up in every signature you have?

Kevin Steen / Kevin Owens

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

kashell

« Reply #13899 on: November 27, 2017, 10:18:47 am »
Anyone else looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima? It looks like it'll be the closest thing we get to a modern day Tenchu and/or Way of the Samurai. I'm pretty excited about it.

« Reply #13900 on: November 27, 2017, 10:50:05 am »
Anyone else looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima? It looks like it'll be the closest thing we get to a modern day Tenchu and/or Way of the Samurai. I'm pretty excited about it.
I'm waiting for a gameplay trailer or something before I get excited.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13901 on: November 28, 2017, 12:50:07 pm »
Going through one of those phases where I'm just starving to buy, buy, buy. A bunch more games and stuff I don't need. They're all taunting me. I'm itching to get a Switch, for some reason I want a One X, kinda want a PSVR. Probably about 15 PS4 games I really want to get.... new Amiibos out, plus some other stuff I had been planning to get. Can't afford it all.

Can things take a little break from coming out for a while? Cuz I can't play catch-up AND keep-up. That's what happens when you ignore the current gen this whole time, and then suddenly decide you want in on it.

desocietas

« Reply #13902 on: November 28, 2017, 01:36:35 pm »
Going through one of those phases where I'm just starving to buy, buy, buy. A bunch more games and stuff I don't need. They're all taunting me. I'm itching to get a Switch, for some reason I want a One X, kinda want a PSVR. Probably about 15 PS4 games I really want to get.... new Amiibos out, plus some other stuff I had been planning to get. Can't afford it all.

Can things take a little break from coming out for a while? Cuz I can't play catch-up AND keep-up. That's what happens when you ignore the current gen this whole time, and then suddenly decide you want in on it.

I know what you mean. I'm kind of glad I didn't find much to tempt me for Black Friday / Cyber Monday, and I'm trying to change my mindset towards saving money. In the meantime, things are still running out the gate in terms of game releases and it's overwhelming. Makes me miss the days of having to wait a few months before finding something I *want* to buy. Now, it's like something awesome/interesting comes out every few days. Never time to actually play anything :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13903 on: November 28, 2017, 01:56:12 pm »
I've stopped buying retro games and cutting back on new releases.  Luckily there aren't a ton I want, but I did go kinda crazy on BF buying stuff I've been wanting because they were all 50% off or more.

Best thing to do is convince yourself you don't need it or won't play it.  I've managed to skip almost every LRG release since August.  I might be skipping December too.  My wife actually sounds mildly interested in Windjammers since we like playing Pong... so I might bite on that one.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13904 on: November 28, 2017, 01:58:47 pm »
How come I always want everything around Christmas, when I'm spending all my money on Christmas?!