Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1590833 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #13905 on: November 28, 2017, 02:27:26 pm »
I've stopped buying retro games and cutting back on new releases.  Luckily there aren't a ton I want, but I did go kinda crazy on BF buying stuff I've been wanting because they were all 50% off or more.

Best thing to do is convince yourself you don't need it or won't play it.  I've managed to skip almost every LRG release since August.  I might be skipping December too.  My wife actually sounds mildly interested in Windjammers since we like playing Pong... so I might bite on that one.

I thought wind jammers was like a paper guitar thing? Limited Run Toys?

How can I tell myself that I wouldn't play Cat Quest now that it has a physical release? Of course I'd play that, right? Man, I need to buy it RIGHT NOW.

« Reply #13906 on: November 28, 2017, 02:54:03 pm »
I've stopped buying retro games and cutting back on new releases.  Luckily there aren't a ton I want, but I did go kinda crazy on BF buying stuff I've been wanting because they were all 50% off or more.

Best thing to do is convince yourself you don't need it or won't play it.  I've managed to skip almost every LRG release since August.  I might be skipping December too.  My wife actually sounds mildly interested in Windjammers since we like playing Pong... so I might bite on that one.

How can I tell myself that I wouldn't play Cat Quest now that it has a physical release? Of course I'd play that, right? Man, I need to buy it RIGHT NOW.
I think those were Paper Jammers or something.  Wind Jammers was a Neo Geo game back in the day re-released for PS4.

Good god though, out of nowhere Cat's Quest is out of stock everywhere.  But seriously, either you have interest in playing the game or you don't.  If you have interest in Cat's Quest, I'd maybe go buy it before stock dries up everywhere.  Me?  I know I wouldn't play it, looks bland.

desocietas

« Reply #13907 on: November 28, 2017, 03:47:25 pm »

I think those were Paper Jammers or something.  Wind Jammers was a Neo Geo game back in the day re-released for PS4.

Good god though, out of nowhere Cat's Quest is out of stock everywhere.  But seriously, either you have interest in playing the game or you don't.  If you have interest in Cat's Quest, I'd maybe go buy it before stock dries up everywhere.  Me?  I know I wouldn't play it, looks bland.

It looks bland to me, too, but is it like some sort of sleeper hit? I do like cats and rpgs... Walmart strangely has it listed as a preorder.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13908 on: November 28, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. I just hot this plateau with collecting retro games where I had 99% of everything I really wanted and everything else was just fluff for the sake of buying more games. I downsized quite a bit after that and honestly I'm happier for it. I've mostly just been buying new releases here and there when they come out, assuming I plan on playing them right away when I buy them.

« Reply #13909 on: November 28, 2017, 05:58:09 pm »

Same thing happened to me about a year ago. I just hot this plateau with collecting retro games where I had 99% of everything I really wanted and everything else was just fluff for the sake of buying more games. I downsized quite a bit after that and honestly I'm happier for it. I've mostly just been buying new releases here and there when they come out, assuming I plan on playing them right away when I buy them.
Yup, that's about where I'm at.  There are still a ton I wouldn't mind having, like the Spyro and Crash games, but I'm just not going to worry about it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13910 on: November 28, 2017, 06:26:04 pm »

It's because I hesitated on buying it right away. That's why it's out of stock now. If I would have bought mine, there would be plenty more to go around. Heck it probably would be half price by now, because they would already have my $20. What's the point in keeping the price up if I have it? Nintendo knows this well, Planet Robobot is still $40, same as when it came out. Why? Because I never bought it.

« Reply #13911 on: November 28, 2017, 08:33:18 pm »

It's because I hesitated on buying it right away. That's why it's out of stock now. If I would have bought mine, there would be plenty more to go around. Heck it probably would be half price by now, because they would already have my $20. What's the point in keeping the price up if I have it? Nintendo knows this well, Planet Robobot is still $40, same as when it came out. Why? Because I never bought it.
Obviously, you should buy more games.  I think it's readily available for $30 on ebay.

« Reply #13912 on: November 29, 2017, 08:40:02 am »
On a different note.  I managed to redownload P.T.  So that's pretty cool.

rayne315

« Reply #13913 on: November 29, 2017, 06:35:34 pm »

may I ask how? I deleted it off my playstation like a month before it was removed from the store because I thought I would get to re-download it because I already had it "Purchased"
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #13914 on: November 29, 2017, 07:19:04 pm »

may I ask how? I deleted it off my playstation like a month before it was removed from the store because I thought I would get to re-download it because I already had it "Purchased"
Install Squid on a PC.  Install SUWI over it.  Point your PS4 at your Squid running PC for the proxy over port 808.  Re-download P.T.  It isn't very fast.  Took an hour.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13915 on: November 29, 2017, 09:53:11 pm »
Okay, there already people scalping Cat Quest for $200+. I hate to be this paranoid, but that's the last time I'm going to actually mention my desire to obtain an obscure game, on any forum, before I actually get it.

If there are scalpers reading this (and I actually think there could be) - I'm not buying yours. Nobody is impressed that you have them all. I don't need it anyway. I was totally being sarcastic when I said that I needed to buy it "RIGHT NOW". Not happening.

desocietas

« Reply #13916 on: November 29, 2017, 10:17:30 pm »
Okay, there already people scalping Cat Quest for $200+. I hate to be this paranoid, but that's the last time I'm going to actually mention my desire to obtain an obscure game, on any forum, before I actually get it.

If there are scalpers reading this (and I actually think there could be) - I'm not buying yours. Nobody is impressed that you have them all. I don't need it anyway. I was totally being sarcastic when I said that I needed to buy it "RIGHT NOW". Not happening.

Did you already try the Wal-mart preorder? I'm curious if it'll go through.

Also I see it for $40 on eBay and while double, it's not $200, lol.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #13917 on: November 30, 2017, 09:35:12 am »
Any folks here have Funimation Now?  I'm considering signing up, but I want to know when they charge.

I think Netflix charges at the 1st of the month, so if I signed up today, I'd be paying $7.99 today and then $7.99 tomorrow.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13918 on: November 30, 2017, 01:39:26 pm »
Any folks here have Funimation Now?  I'm considering signing up, but I want to know when they charge.

I think Netflix charges at the 1st of the month, so if I signed up today, I'd be paying $7.99 today and then $7.99 tomorrow.

They charge on the date that you started. So if you started today, you would be charged on the 30th of next month. My Netflix charge is Dec. 2.

« Reply #13919 on: November 30, 2017, 01:49:01 pm »

They charge on the date that you started. So if you started today, you would be charged on the 30th of next month. My Netflix charge is Dec. 2.
Netflix charges me between the 29th and the 1st.  It varies month to month.  July 31st, Aug 30th, Oct 1st, Oct 30th, Nov 29th.  Netflix told me that they always charge at the beginning of the month, so I don't know.