Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1606840 times)

doafan

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14130 on: January 25, 2018, 06:18:10 pm »
Did VGCollect get mentioned by a popular YouTuber again? Because it seems like we suddenly got a lot of new blood around here.

Link please.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

telly

« Reply #14131 on: January 25, 2018, 06:41:53 pm »
The first account I made here in 2014 was because of MetalJesusRocks' video  ;D
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14132 on: January 25, 2018, 08:41:24 pm »
Did VGCollect get mentioned by a popular YouTuber again? Because it seems like we suddenly got a lot of new blood around here.

Link please.

Kidding aside, I don't have a link, because I wasn't sure. I was asking. I just seemed to notice a lot of usernames in threads lately that are new.

Warmsignal

« Reply #14133 on: January 25, 2018, 09:07:06 pm »
I really don't know what to say, or why I'm bothering to say it. But, I've just been totally flattened as of late. The early months of every year are very high risk months for me, and I recently experienced a very triggering event. I have a tendency to become quite overwhelmed by tragic or sad stories while in these frames of mind. Well, there was quite a tragic story that I heard about in my local news recently, where someone died in a freak accident. Somehow I got drawn into all the details of this person's life and death, through Facebook, etc. Now I literally feel like someone I knew has just died, even though I didn't know them. I'm just devastated, completely lost and questioning everything. It's the saddest I've felt in a long time.

I want to take it out on something.... I feel like I just want to sell all of my stuff, quit using this hobby as the crutch that I use it for. Take the money and do something fulfilling with my life, maybe fix my broken mind somehow. I can't think about games, nothing seems to have a point right now. I'm just taken completely apart.

I know this is not the appropriate place to be venting off all of my personal issues, and I really do hate to subject you guys to my stupid drama. I realize that none of you are the shrink that I obviously need to see. But sometimes, it just need to say it and I don't exactly have many outlets to do that. I'm not going to say that you'll be seeing less of me around here, I have no idea really. But in case I do start to make myself scarce, you should have an idea as to why.

desocietas

« Reply #14134 on: January 26, 2018, 12:16:10 am »
I really don't know what to say, or why I'm bothering to say it. But, I've just been totally flattened as of late. The early months of every year are very high risk months for me, and I recently experienced a very triggering event. I have a tendency to become quite overwhelmed by tragic or sad stories while in these frames of mind. Well, there was quite a tragic story that I heard about in my local news recently, where someone died in a freak accident. Somehow I got drawn into all the details of this person's life and death, through Facebook, etc. Now I literally feel like someone I knew has just died, even though I didn't know them. I'm just devastated, completely lost and questioning everything. It's the saddest I've felt in a long time.

I want to take it out on something.... I feel like I just want to sell all of my stuff, quit using this hobby as the crutch that I use it for. Take the money and do something fulfilling with my life, maybe fix my broken mind somehow. I can't think about games, nothing seems to have a point right now. I'm just taken completely apart.

I know this is not the appropriate place to be venting off all of my personal issues, and I really do hate to subject you guys to my stupid drama. I realize that none of you are the shrink that I obviously need to see. But sometimes, it just need to say it and I don't exactly have many outlets to do that. I'm not going to say that you'll be seeing less of me around here, I have no idea really. But in case I do start to make myself scarce, you should have an idea as to why.

I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I am drawn to stories of freak accidents sometimes as well - something about the frailty of life and how lots of things, like material goods, really don't matter in the end. It can be hard to find purpose and direction in just the everyday life. I think it can be good sometimes to get new perspective on things. I know people handle these experiences differently, so hopefully we see you again and, if not, hopefully things are ok down the line. I might retreat to reading, music, watching films/documentaries, etc. Other times, I am creative and use that as an outlet.

In any case, no need to apologize about venting!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doafan

« Reply #14135 on: January 26, 2018, 09:57:13 am »

Are you kidding with me ?, that's not Link, that's Zelda  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14136 on: January 26, 2018, 11:20:31 am »

Let it out, my dude.  This is the perfect spot. 
I'm a moderate headcase myself.  If you need to talk, hit me up.  Shoot me a PM.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14137 on: January 31, 2018, 03:38:02 pm »
Y'all have been really quiet the last couple of days.  How've y'all been?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14138 on: January 31, 2018, 03:45:42 pm »

I've been taking care of the kid on my own this week, since my wife is off at a work training. Been busy with work and that, mostly.

And besides that, my video game collecting has been taking a back seat to my movie collection. Found a fantastic group on Facebook that trades and sells VHS for cheap, some real gems, too, not just 200 copies of Titanic and Disney crap.

soera

« Reply #14139 on: January 31, 2018, 04:28:36 pm »
Been trying to platinum 4 goddesses online. I have literally 1 quest left to beat but I cant seem to do it. When the boss gets down to the last 25%, he uses this ridiculous attack that kills my AI party members in 1 hit. Its BS.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14140 on: January 31, 2018, 04:45:43 pm »

I've been taking care of the kid on my own this week, since my wife is off at a work training. Been busy with work and that, mostly.

And besides that, my video game collecting has been taking a back seat to my movie collection. Found a fantastic group on Facebook that trades and sells VHS for cheap, some real gems, too, not just 200 copies of Titanic and Disney crap.

Anything cool? 
Have you ever seen Jason Champion's video store Look up Champion Video on facebook.  It's pretty cool

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14141 on: January 31, 2018, 04:54:44 pm »

Anything cool? 
Have you ever seen Jason Champion's video store Look up Champion Video on facebook.  It's pretty cool

That's my dream, one day. To open a rental store that specializes in the harder to find stuff, collector's stuff, and vintage video games. The stuff that your Blockbusters and Hollywood Video's never had.

There's a great documentary called Rewind This that has a similar guy that converted his basement into a rental store. That's what inspired me. (Though that's just one part of it. The documentary focuses on the history of VHS, it's impact on pop-culture, and those that still collect it.)

soera

« Reply #14142 on: January 31, 2018, 05:04:56 pm »
Is there still a community of people that collect VHS? I guess I just dont get it. Its just like the vinyl/8-track/cassette era. Those, along with VHS in my opinion, offer nothing that isnt outdone by DVD/Blu ray and CDs.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14143 on: January 31, 2018, 05:14:46 pm »
Is there still a community of people that collect VHS? I guess I just dont get it. Its just like the vinyl/8-track/cassette era. Those, along with VHS in my opinion, offer nothing that isnt outdone by DVD/Blu ray and CDs.

The same could be said about retro gaming: Why not just emulate?

It offers a crapload of stuff that never made it to DVD. VHS brought an explosion of media along with it, just so much it.

And then there's the nostalgic attachment. Having that original artwork (which VHS had way cooler, inviting artwork), seeing those old school trailers, and experiencing it as you had as a kid.

rayne315

« Reply #14144 on: January 31, 2018, 05:16:12 pm »

Im in your band wagon when it comes to this kind of thing but I do understand why people collect it. There are many many titles that can ONLY be viewed on VHS. I don't know of a single example but im 100% sure that every title is not available on DVD or over the internet in any form. Just like for games there are many games that can only be played on its respective console, no ports/no functioning emulators.

EDIT:

Also why play the NES/SNES there is nothing on there that isn't outdone by PS4/Switch/Xbone
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:18:39 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully