Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1597753 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14205 on: March 02, 2018, 09:19:33 am »
So UPS lost two more of my packages again.

UPS started an "investigation" which means nothing.

Gamestop claims they are "resending" the order, which means nothing.

I'm just out money again.

arkaneer

« Reply #14206 on: March 02, 2018, 09:32:27 am »

Can I read it somewhere? Thinking of getting a Switch soon and that might be my first game.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/switch/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/reviews/165736

Good review...given me pause for thought on it being my first Switch game though  :)

Congrtas on getting review of the month.

rayne315

« Reply #14207 on: March 02, 2018, 11:27:38 am »
that's happening more and more often for you. are you getting paid for your reviews?

Nah. Just a gift card to Amazon. I do this because I enjoy it.

Yeah I can tell you enjoy it. If you were so inclined you could have a real shot at making it a career.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

« Reply #14208 on: March 05, 2018, 04:50:59 pm »
The Louisville Arcade Expo has come and gone for the year. It was a tad warmer than I remember last year but still a bit nippy. We ran into a couple of friendly hooligans who looked suspiciously like Turf, Brother of Turf, Kashell and a rather dapper (Tapper?  ;)) looking Mr. Nikon.

The plan was to arrive a day early and meander around the Louisville area in hopes of finding local deals. Procrastination on my part messed that up and we didn't get down there till around 8PM or so and only had enough time to hit up one of the two Half Price Books in the area. Luckily for us that location was chock full of goodies in terms of games and a whole bookcase full of $2 strategy guides. We hit up the other location in the morning after hanging out at the show for a bit but it wasn't nearly as lucrative as the location the night before. We weren't able to hit any of the local game shops this time around (mom n' pop locations I mean...not GameStop of which we hit a few and walked out empty handed each time).

The show itself was in the same venue as it was last year and the year before so that was convenient. It seemed like the show was "smaller" this year as it didn't feel like there were as many machines as years prior and it definitely felt like there were less machines for sale as in years past. They definitely rearranged some aspects of the show like moving the pinball tournament into it's own room instead of it being on the show floor proper. It didn't seem like there were as many vendors this time compared to last year and what was available for sale seemed more like (overpriced) overstock than actual desirable items. One booth was asking $5 for a box of Super Mario cereal (that I saw a ton of in a nearby Wal-Mart for half that), SNES minis for $125 (saw 6 at a GS down the road for MSRP) as well as several "complete" GameBoy games (cart+book, all were missing their boxes). I realized after we left that I didn't purchase anything from the vendors at the show and all of my buying was done at HPB and other places like Wal-Mart (where we found a bunch of guides for a buck each including hard cover versions of Smash Bros. and Tri-Force Heroes).

It was fun to meet up with Turf, Kash and the rest if only for a brief amount of time. We definitely need to plan/coordinate better for next year's show! What's funny is we found out that we were literally two doors away from one another in the hotel.  :P Maybe next  year I can convince Turf to give Skyline Chili another try as there's a location right down the road from the show.  ;D

desocietas

« Reply #14209 on: March 05, 2018, 05:33:50 pm »
Aw man, that sounds like a blast!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14210 on: March 06, 2018, 09:56:35 am »
Aw man, that sounds like a blast!

It was.  Such a good weekend!  It's always cool to get to see my boys from OPB.  These are some of my favorite weekends of the year.  I got to spend a little time with Flashback, which is always cool.  I wish more folks from here could get together.  I know we'd have fun. 

The good ole Louisville Arcade Expo.  What a weekend.  Lots of video games.  Lots of pinball.  Lots of me acting like I'm in college and a full-on idiot.  Boy, did we have fun.  I have an underexpressed love of pinball.  I even found a couple of new favorites that I would love to add to my dream list. 

All in all it was a great weekend with good friends.  I can't wait until next year. 

kashell

« Reply #14211 on: March 06, 2018, 11:17:13 am »
Good review...given me pause for thought on it being my first Switch game though  :)

Congrtas on getting review of the month.

Thank ya kindly.

Yeah I can tell you enjoy it. If you were so inclined you could have a real shot at making it a career.

I thought about it, but I don't play enough new releases to make it something worth pursuing seriously.

Re: Louisville Arcade Expo - always a blast. I hate that it's already over.

telly

« Reply #14212 on: March 06, 2018, 03:33:35 pm »
Wish I could have been with you guys at the expo  :'( I really need to make it out there one of these years.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14213 on: March 07, 2018, 02:57:55 am »
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos on NES is just too damn hard. And I just found out how ridiculous hard it actually gets!

When I was a kid I remember getting as far as the boss battle after chasing Ashtar, the main villain of the game, through the Dark Underground Maze. This is after the city, after the train, after the mountain climb, and after the castle. I thought I got so far. It took me so freaking long to get that far. And I thought had to be near the end of the game since I was fighting Ashtar.

Well, I used the Game Genie on it today, when revisiting it. And I didn't even come close. And as I cheated my way to the end, I got to see how freaking spastic and crazy the game gets towards the end of the game. How can any human ever hope to beat this game without using a Game Genie?!

« Reply #14214 on: March 07, 2018, 04:51:54 am »
Twitch Prime is giving away Devil May Cry HD (It's just the first game) and I poked around that for a few minutes just to make sure its running right.  Heard some people had uncapped framerate issues with it among other problems, but seems to be running for me.  I have never played the old DMC games, only the reboot, and man..MAN this game is some jank.  Some partially HD jank lol Hilarious dialogue, what looks like dialogue errors that they kept in, and apparently it's a fixed camera angle game?  I know it started life as a Resident Evil sequel, but it's the PS2 era! Dual analogs! Please tell me it's not just fixed camera angles the whole time.  Really hate that...

Either way, I'll probably check it out, see how well I get into the gameplay.  Got a lot of reasonable freebies lately (Ratchet and Clank is for free on PS+ right now), so maybe it'll be worthwhile enough to play till Attack on Titan 2 comes out.

« Reply #14215 on: March 09, 2018, 06:12:53 pm »
Looks like Toys R Us maybe shutting all their stores. Be on the look out for closing sales !

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14216 on: March 09, 2018, 08:08:30 pm »
Looks like Toys R Us maybe shutting all their stores. Be on the look out for closing sales !

Mine shut down like 10 years ago. And when it did, the stuff went FAST!

telly

« Reply #14217 on: March 09, 2018, 08:21:12 pm »
There's a local one near me that's closing down, yeah. They still have a decent amount of inventory though.
Currently Playing:

Flashback2012

« Reply #14218 on: March 10, 2018, 08:46:14 am »

I would think that the brand name is popular enough that someone will snap it up and try and reconfigure things. I think they could scale it back to a point where they'd be like Ikea and have one location per city or something.

That said, I have one really close by to me and will be keeping an eye out for deals. My area seems rife with scalpers/flippers with deep pockets though.  :-\

telly

« Reply #14219 on: March 10, 2018, 11:21:19 am »
I may finally get a PS4 if they have a deal at Toys R Us. Only 10% off though right now
Currently Playing: