Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1606833 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2055 on: April 15, 2014, 05:45:52 pm »
So it's a fake? :(

And in my own little bit of awfulness the guy that was gonna sell me a really kickin set of PC parts backed out at the last minute and hasn't told me why. whyyyyyyyy. ;_;

« Reply #2056 on: April 15, 2014, 06:12:07 pm »
I saw this on http://memphis.craigslist.org/vgm/4422954832.html

So, I sent an email asking for pics of the board, and I got this.

Makes me want to use the F-word.
Report it. Things like that shouldn't be on CL where some unassuming person will buy it for half a grand. You can even tell it's a fake by the shoddy label.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2057 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:15 pm »
The story was that he bought it at a dirt mall for $200 a few years ago. I offered $20 just for the novelty of it. Someone put a lot of work into the box and manual.  He said he'd take $75. Dude actually sounded really disappointed.

I think the real story is he bought it for $200 at a dirt mall and thought he'd flip it real quick. Turns out he didn't know what he was spending money on.

foxhack

« Reply #2058 on: April 15, 2014, 08:28:15 pm »
The story was that he bought it at a dirt mall for $200 a few years ago. I offered $20 just for the novelty of it. Someone put a lot of work into the box and manual.  He said he'd take $75. Dude actually sounded really disappointed.

I think the real story is he bought it for $200 at a dirt mall and thought he'd flip it real quick. Turns out he didn't know what he was spending money on.

I thought these counterfeit carts only started showing up a year or so ago... so yeah, it sounds fishy. :\

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2059 on: April 15, 2014, 08:33:29 pm »

had to do it

htimreimer

« Reply #2060 on: April 15, 2014, 09:39:47 pm »

i kind of surprised that counterfeit cart has only now become a problem collectors but at least they are easy to spot also this is gonna be a pain in the ass nintendo and genesis collectors because now we will have to ask a seller for a pic of the circuit board
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:44:28 pm by htimreimer »

« Reply #2061 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:30 pm »
Not nearly as big of a deal, but I had to tell some kid (probably 13 or so) at the flea market last summer that his Pokemon GBA games were fake. I assumed he knew, but the look on his face said otherwise. It was a mix of anger and disappointment. These fake carts are getting out of hand.

soera

« Reply #2062 on: April 15, 2014, 10:23:43 pm »
Lol Id probably pay $75 for it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2063 on: April 15, 2014, 10:49:09 pm »

If I had more loose cash, I might have just because I felt bad for the dude.

90snostalga

« Reply #2064 on: April 16, 2014, 12:28:49 am »

maybe he was trying to make you feel bad for him so he could get more money for it?  How do you know for sure he payed 200 for it ?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2065 on: April 16, 2014, 01:45:59 am »

maybe he was trying to make you feel bad for him so he could get more money for it?  How do you know for sure he payed 200 for it ?

I don't, but the dude was noticeably bummed when I sent him a picture of a real board. I don't think he knew it was fake because he sent me pictures of his board with no questions. Just real friendly with pictures of an obvious fake. I think it was some dude that knew Little Samson was high dollar , but didn't know much else. That's what people get for trying to make a quick buck off of collectors. 

90snostalga

« Reply #2066 on: April 16, 2014, 03:58:50 am »

I don't, but the dude was noticeably bummed when I sent him a picture of a real board. I don't think he knew it was fake because he sent me pictures of his board with no questions. Just real friendly with pictures of an obvious fake. I think it was some dude that knew Little Samson was high dollar , but didn't know much else. That's what people get for trying to make a quick buck off of collectors.

Well, they can't outsmart the great  Turf!!!   8)

« Reply #2067 on: April 16, 2014, 11:08:52 pm »
Well I had bought a few NES games, some I haven't played or even heard of recently and I sorta got to play a few of them after I kinda fixed my NES, such as Ikari Warriors 2: Victory Road...all I got to say about that is OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE.  The first game wasn't good, it just has nostalgia value for me, so I grabbed the sequel, not knowing what it was, and just damn is it bad and I only played it for two minutes. 

Visually its a garbled disaster.  It plays about the same as the first one and that's the only compliment.  We also went from like the jungles of earth, to fighting alien spiders and other nonsense like that.  It has terrible audio, there was some warp pit that popped up randomly and pulled me, putting me into some random minigame that I didn't understand and because I didn't win, I lost all my health, came back into the level, died, and there is only one life...

To top it all off, the intro for the game has the text for what is being said happening one letter at a time every second or two.  EVERY SECOND OR TWO.  I watched for a minute and it was down like two lines and then I quit...though i couldn't get out of that screen as it forces you to reset.  Holy crap is this a disaster of a game and I barely even touched it lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2068 on: April 16, 2014, 11:16:30 pm »
Ikari Warriors II is notoriously bad. I never did play the 3rd one, but I hear it's a bit better.

foxhack

« Reply #2069 on: April 16, 2014, 11:16:54 pm »
Well I had bought a few NES games, some I haven't played or even heard of recently and I sorta got to play a few of them after I kinda fixed my NES, such as Ikari Warriors 2: Victory Road...all I got to say about that is OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE.  The first game wasn't good, it just has nostalgia value for me, so I grabbed the sequel, not knowing what it was, and just damn is it bad and I only played it for two minutes. 

Visually its a garbled disaster.  It plays about the same as the first one and that's the only compliment.  We also went from like the jungles of earth, to fighting alien spiders and other nonsense like that.  It has terrible audio, there was some warp pit that popped up randomly and pulled me, putting me into some random minigame that I didn't understand and because I didn't win, I lost all my health, came back into the level, died, and there is only one life...

To top it all off, the intro for the game has the text for what is being said happening one letter at a time every second or two.  EVERY SECOND OR TWO.  I watched for a minute and it was down like two lines and then I quit...though i couldn't get out of that screen as it forces you to reset.  Holy crap is this a disaster of a game and I barely even touched it lol

It's your own fault. I DID warn you about the game.