Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1671818 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3495 on: September 13, 2014, 04:46:45 pm »
While I was out today I came across a collector's edition version of Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii... I almost got it, but it was like 40 bucks I think. Anyone know what the going price is for one of those?

I can't give you an exact price, but I can tell you it's worth waaay more than $40.

Yeah, when I got home I started looking around and was like "oh, maybe I should've gotten that"... I'm not sure how complete it was, I know it didn't have the little plastic slip cover over it, but I'm not sure if it had the art book or anything like that. But it was definitely the steelbook version.

This is one of those situations where my refusal to get a smart phone has kinda screwed me, lol.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:50:08 pm by Bwigdahl »

maximo310

« Reply #3496 on: September 13, 2014, 04:52:44 pm »
While I was out today I came across a collector's edition version of Metroid Prime Trilogy on Wii... I almost got it, but it was like 40 bucks I think. Anyone know what the going price is for one of those?

I can't give you an exact price, but I can tell you it's worth waaay more than $40.

Yeah, when I got home I started looking around and was like "oh, maybe I should've gotten that"... I'm not sure how complete it was, I know it didn't have the little plastic slip cover over it, but I'm not sure if it had the art book or anything like that. But it was definitely the steelbook version.

This is one of those situations where my refusal to get a smart phone has kinda screwed me, lol.
It's just one of those wii games that just refuses to drop in price, but honestly getting the 3 metroid prime games is probably a cheaper route, or you could try to go back to see if the trilogy steelbook is still there.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3497 on: September 13, 2014, 05:59:52 pm »

It's just one of those wii games that just refuses to drop in price, but honestly getting the 3 metroid prime games is probably a cheaper route, or you could try to go back to see if the trilogy steelbook is still there.

I actually already have all 3 games originally lol.  Ended up going back and getting it though. My regular versions of the games will probably just become trade fodder now.

And it is the steelbook version but only with the manual, no art book... Still, from what I can tell, 40 bucks is cheaper than trying to find even a disc only copy.

karyann

« Reply #3498 on: September 13, 2014, 06:29:48 pm »
Speaking of pricey Wii games, is the new Xenoblade for 3DS going to be the exact same game as the Wii version but with enhanced graphics? I own a sealed copy and I'm wondering if I'd be better selling it to fund some other stuff I want. If I can play the same game on the 3DS (I know I'll need the *new* version, though) for cheaper, why not.

Edit: Just searched a little, and it seems that the New 3DS has been announced for everywhere but here once again. What the hell is going on with NoA? I'm sure we'll have the system, but why the heck wait before announcing it at that point. I'll wait for a Xenoblade announcement before deciding to sell my Wii version, too.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:34:28 pm by karyann »

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3499 on: September 13, 2014, 06:52:53 pm »
the 3DS reminds me of the genesis... instead of releasing something new, they just keep adding on to the existing model over and over... they already have what, 3 different models of the 3DS already? now a fourth but this one gets the kicker of having some exclusive titles! great!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:55:10 pm by Bwigdahl »

davifus

« Reply #3500 on: September 13, 2014, 07:01:11 pm »
the 3DS reminds me of the genesis... instead of releasing something new, they just keep adding on to the existing model over and over... they already have what, 3 different models of the 3DS already? now a fourth but this one gets the kicker of having some exclusive titles! great!

Atleast the Genesis stuff were somewhat original I guess...

Nintendo's like: Lets make it bigger (3DSXL)!, Lets get rid of the 3D (2DS)!, Lets make it slightly bigger and add "new" & "LL" in the name!... Genius
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3501 on: September 13, 2014, 07:03:17 pm »

Atleast the Genesis stuff were somewhat original I guess...

Nintendo's like: Lets make it bigger (3DSXL)!, Lets get rid of the 3D (2DS)!, Lets make it slightly bigger and add "new" & "LL" in the name!... Genius

I think when they made the 2DS it was the first anyone has ever just remade a pre-existing console (the DS) and made it forwards compatible lol

maximo310

« Reply #3502 on: September 13, 2014, 07:36:06 pm »
Speaking of pricey Wii games, is the new Xenoblade for 3DS going to be the exact same game as the Wii version but with enhanced graphics? I own a sealed copy and I'm wondering if I'd be better selling it to fund some other stuff I want. If I can play the same game on the 3DS (I know I'll need the *new* version, though) for cheaper, why not.

Edit: Just searched a little, and it seems that the New 3DS has been announced for everywhere but here once again. What the hell is going on with NoA? I'm sure we'll have the system, but why the heck wait before announcing it at that point. I'll wait for a Xenoblade announcement before deciding to sell my Wii version, too.  :-\
I'm not sure of that, NoA seems to be constantly late to the game for announcements nowadays, at least a release period for next year would give us some clarity on the whole thing. It seems pretty certain that the system will come to the U.S. probably around mid 2015, and I'll have to wait for more gameplay footage of the new 3ds version of xenoblade before I consider purchasing it over the wii version, to see if its worth it.

abe

« Reply #3503 on: September 13, 2014, 08:03:40 pm »
So, after playing the demo some more for the new Smash Bros on the 3DS, it's started to grow on me. (Still don't like the 3DS' circle pad though) One thing I've been wondering the whole time though is, are they going to give it a proper name? The release is less than a month away now and it's still just Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS. ???
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3504 on: September 13, 2014, 08:09:13 pm »
So, after playing the demo some more for the new Smash Bros on the 3DS, it's started to grow on me. (Still don't like the 3DS' circle pad though) One thing I've been wondering the whole time though is, are they going to give it a proper name? The release is less than a month away now and it's still just Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS. ???

looking at the synonyms for fight (brawl and melee already taken of course) here's what they have left to work with:

Fracas, Rumpus, Scuffle, Scrap, Fisticuffs (personal favorite) or Donnybrook (other personal favorite).

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3505 on: September 13, 2014, 08:15:42 pm »
SUPER SMASH BROS. 3DS!

;D

Hmm...  Rethinking about my stand on buying digital versus physical copies of video games.  Apparently, 8 GB downloads produce the same, if not greater, amount of C02 as going to a store.  At least if I do go and buy a physical copy, I can also take care of some groceries, maybe grab a meal, or some other errand while I'm at it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:21:05 pm by MJMaranan »

Please check out the games I have for sale.

abe

« Reply #3506 on: September 13, 2014, 08:22:14 pm »

looking at the synonyms for fight (brawl and melee already taken of course) here's what they have left to work with:

Fracas, Rumpus, Scuffle, Scrap, Fisticuffs (personal favorite) or Donnybrook (other personal favorite).

I kinda like the sound of Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle :P
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3507 on: September 13, 2014, 08:22:52 pm »
I'll always be a physical over digital person if for no other reason than my slightly irrational fear that all this media infrastructure will one day completely collapse.

@Abe

Right after I posted that I was like "shit I forgot about Kerfuffle!" lol

maximo310

« Reply #3508 on: September 13, 2014, 08:26:44 pm »
SUPER SMASH BROS. 3DS!

;D

Hmm...  Rethinking about my stand on buying digital versus physical copies of video games.  Apparently, 8 GB downloads produce the same, if not greater, amount of C02 as going to a store.  At least if I do go and buy a physical copy, I can also take care of some groceries, maybe grab a meal, or some other errand while I'm at it.

Wow, I didn't know that it produces more CO2 from the digital download than going to buy the physical game. I feel like its easier to go buy the physical( which i will do for smash 3ds) than downloading since I have a slow internet, and I don't have to waste much time or fuel since I have alot of  game stores that are close to my house, or along the route that I take for school, and besides I just prefer the physical copies and goodies that come with the game rather than just a digital download, its not the same.

davifus

« Reply #3509 on: September 13, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »
SUPER SMASH BROS. 3DS!

;D

Man, you really thought this through...
Grocery
A meal
And errands

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)