Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1541957 times)

soera

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4200 on: October 28, 2014, 09:15:43 pm »
Not a fan of sports. I'd rather play them than watch them. Actually, I'd rather go to the dentist than watch sports.

Women's tennis > everything. Two barely dressed hot girls sweating, groaning, and grunting for hours juggling a ball between them. It really doesnt get much better (except for women's doubles).  8)

kashell

« Reply #4201 on: October 28, 2014, 10:58:58 pm »
That's how I feel about video games and anime.

What about VN & LN?

You'll need to clarify what those stand for. ^^

Martial arts is a unique hobby. On the one hand, I just love the history behind it. There is so much that goes into the traditions, the forms and the styles that can be traced backed to who-knows-when. On the other hand, a gun to the face will negate all of the training someone does to earn a black belt. XD

pacpix

« Reply #4202 on: October 28, 2014, 11:32:41 pm »
Not a fan of sports. I'd rather play them than watch them. Actually, I'd rather go to the dentist than watch sports. Also not a fan of beards. BUT! Good luck on the interview. XD

xD i'm with you brother.. no a fan either. the only muscles i work with are my brain and my gaming thumb lolz. but i do like my beard.. lolz

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm NOT an athlete. I haven't played sports since I was 13. I just grew up watching sports all the time, and I'm kind of a stat nerd.
I am the same, love advanced baseball stats.  I gave up baseball in fifth grade when I finished the season with a .000 batting average and was benched a majority of the game.  Heck I was even terrible at teeball as I kept hitting the tee rather than the ball ha.  I think that's how I really connected to the Mariners as we both sucked at baseball; when I saw Raul Ibanez drop the ball or spike it into the ground in left field I knew what it felt like. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4203 on: October 28, 2014, 11:45:22 pm »
Not a fan of sports. I'd rather play them than watch them. Actually, I'd rather go to the dentist than watch sports. Also not a fan of beards. BUT! Good luck on the interview. XD

xD i'm with you brother.. no a fan either. the only muscles i work with are my brain and my gaming thumb lolz. but i do like my beard.. lolz

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm NOT an athlete. I haven't played sports since I was 13. I just grew up watching sports all the time, and I'm kind of a stat nerd.
I am the same, love advanced baseball stats.  I gave up baseball in fifth grade when I finished the season with a .000 batting average and was benched a majority of the game.  Heck I was even terrible at teeball as I kept hitting the tee rather than the ball ha.  I think that's how I really connected to the Mariners as we both sucked at baseball; when I saw Raul Ibanez drop the ball or spike it into the ground in left field I knew what it felt like.

Ken Griffey Jr was my boyhood baseball hero.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4204 on: October 29, 2014, 12:41:30 am »

Ken Griffey Jr was my boyhood baseball hero.

I think I have one or two Griffey Jr baseball cards..... but too lazy to go get them out and check them all....
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

bobster

« Reply #4205 on: October 29, 2014, 05:38:14 am »
Off to Disney World! See you in a week suckers  8)

P.S. You guys aren't suckers. I <3 you guys!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

« Reply #4206 on: October 29, 2014, 05:47:38 am »

Didney..wurld?!

Take me with you

That's how I feel about video games and anime.

What about VN & LN?

You'll need to clarify what those stand for. ^^

Martial arts is a unique hobby. On the one hand, I just love the history behind it. There is so much that goes into the traditions, the forms and the styles that can be traced backed to who-knows-when. On the other hand, a gun to the face will negate all of the training someone does to earn a black belt. XD

Visual novels & light novels. As an hardcore anime watcher it should be common terminology.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4207 on: October 29, 2014, 06:48:34 am »

Pretty sure that FL has internet access too :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #4208 on: October 29, 2014, 07:52:43 am »
Found a Backdoor Trojan on PC  >:(
>Quickly Backed up Music,Game Save Data, & Etc
>Partitioned HDD for Window 7 Ultimate...
>Fell Asleep while downloading
>Woke up at 5am
>Still trying to finish all necessary updates. 
>Goes to work in 1 hour...
>I have to set up my Samurize & Rainmeter & Steam & ETC again... UGH :-\
>Not my best day
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #4209 on: October 29, 2014, 08:05:05 am »
Visual and light novels are...alright. The ones I have experienced were nice breaks from the usual gaming or anime watching. It was sort of somewhere in between but not enough to make me a fan for life.

Also, when I see VN I think of Vietnam. As a person in the sciences, seeing LN makes me think of natural log.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4210 on: October 29, 2014, 08:13:32 am »
Visual and light novels are...alright. The ones I have experienced were nice breaks from the usual gaming or anime watching. It was sort of somewhere in between but not enough to make me a fan for life.

Also, when I see VN I think of Vietnam. As a person in the sciences, seeing LN makes me think of natural log.

What, exactly, are the differences between Visual and Light novels?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #4211 on: October 29, 2014, 08:22:04 am »

One you can see, and the other doesn't weigh very much.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #4212 on: October 29, 2014, 09:01:08 am »
"One you can see, and the other doesn't weigh very much."

This was <3.

So, as you all might know, I finally finished doing everything (in terms of trophies) for Tales of Symphonia. I had so much fun doing this. Even though I couldn't skip scenes or turn off certain voices, the experience was one of the more fun ones and it reminded me why I enjoy the Tales series so much. I look back on the characters and games with some new thoughts. Feel free to skip this post if Tales of Symphonia is not your thing. I'll try to keep spoilers to a minimum.

Lloyd is still a doofus, but he is lovable as hell. He's kind of like Peter Griffin during the first three seasons of Family Guy. He means well and I would cheer for him even if he was an obnoxious idiot during certain events. Also, I loved hearing his Japanese voice actor instead of that whiny yahoo from Teen Titans.

Colette has surprised me so much the more I saw her. She gets kidnapped. She suffers from two diseases throughout the game. She gets curb stomped by Kvar and by Forcystus. Yet, despite all of that, she brings sunshine and smiles to the party. She is also one of the most deadly characters to use in battle. Seriously, people underestimate her because she has a different fighting style.

My view on Genis has not changed. Having a magic user in the party is fun, but everything else about him is bad. His weapon is useless. Most of his stats are the lowest. Also, he's like a male tsundere. The only difference is that the tsunderes I have seen are cute. Genis is not.

That said, Raine is still a favorite. I love watching her punish Genis. I love watching her go nuts when she sees a ruin. It reminds me of people who actually enjoy learning and going to school. Raine gives me hope for the future. Also, Photon is probably the most useful spell in the game. And of course, she can heal the party. If anyone does play the PS3 version, I highly recommend trying to get her exclusive bunny-girl costume. She looks amazing.

Sheena used to be a favorite, but the more I saw of her the less I liked her. She's not very useful in battle unless she's in OL. Her character is ok, but I would have loved to have seen her be more open.

Kratos is unique one. I won't spoil anything, but I often times forget he's there unless he's NOT in my party. That said, he's very fun to use in battle. With the right EX Skills, he hits like a tank and has the mobility of a chopper. Zelos is the same way, but he's a bit trickier to use in battle due to his flailing fighting style. Zelos was good for comedy relief, but his shtick eventually gets old.

Presea is fantastic. This girl is such a bad ass. In battle, she does away with high combo counts and uses raw power to wreck enemy faces. Seriously, Punishment followed by Endless Infliction is pain personified. Also, her story is about as tragic as Colette's. That said, I think Presea goes through more because her physical appearance gets ****** up by it. Still, she presses on and it's a tale that is hopeful and tragic all at once.

Regal is also fantastic. As a character, I always liked him. However, I finally started using him as my main and I have to say he's the most fun to use. Using a ground, anti-air, and air combo followed by his Mystic Arte is the most satisfying thing you can do in combat. He also participates in the most deadly Unison Attack. Actually, his participating in UAs is an improvement from the GC version.

Finally, some closing thoughts. Kuchiniawa is a whiny sissy and kicking his ass is always satisfying. The cameo battle never grows old. Fighting the bonus solo battle in the arena is more fun than I thought. I really like the person's fighting style. The bonus dungeon is a pain. Dirk is the better dwarf in comparison to Altessa. Celsius is the most fabulous summon spirit, but Origin is the most fun to use.

All in all, a fantastic game and a fun platinum to earn. I know that I'll play through the game again in the future. For now, I'm thinking of taking a break from RPGs (or maybe even all gaming all together) until Tales of Hearts comes out in November!

abe

« Reply #4213 on: October 29, 2014, 09:37:08 am »

Visual novels are like games, you can play them on your compootr or game systems. Light novels are books, and they're kinda like manga but without all the pictures.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4214 on: October 29, 2014, 10:22:06 am »

The biggest thing I've learned from my only martial art is awareness.  I pay attention to what's around me.  Between that and being a grown-ass, professional adult type person; I don't get any situations where a gun in the face is an option.  I doubt I'll ever need to fight.  It's just fun for me.

Enjoy the trip.  Be a kid for a while.  Expedition Everest and Space Mountain are some of the best rides on the planet.