Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1536502 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4290 on: November 02, 2014, 01:39:04 pm »
Well you should be happy this year... Lakers SUCK lmfao. Kobe might kill someone by the end of the season.

I can see that, he is already pissy this season haha!

Edit: Oh, we might have a game now!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:45:12 pm by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #4291 on: November 02, 2014, 02:00:51 pm »
Well you should be happy this year... Lakers SUCK lmfao. Kobe might kill someone by the end of the season.

Yeah I can't believe how bad they've started off this season especially with Randle's injury and going 0-4 with getting beaten by the Clippers last night. They really need to change up their strategy, because I hope this year isn't going to a repeat of last season.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4292 on: November 02, 2014, 02:02:51 pm »

Yeah I can't believe how bad they've started off this season especially with Randle's injury and going 0-4 with getting beaten by the Clippers last night. They really need to change up their strategy, because I hope this year isn't going to a repeat of last season.

I could have went to the Lakers/Clippers game, my buddy had 4 tickets and asked if I wanted to go. But it would be a waste for me to go. Since I am not a fan.

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4293 on: November 02, 2014, 02:04:15 pm »

Hey, there's always the Lottery!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4294 on: November 02, 2014, 03:04:20 pm »
Chargers/Rivers having a horrible game.  ;D

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4295 on: November 02, 2014, 03:09:04 pm »
Brandon Weeden sucks... holy shit.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4296 on: November 02, 2014, 03:15:08 pm »
River has 3 picks and a fumble so far lol

1049-2600-8730

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4297 on: November 02, 2014, 03:31:02 pm »

sucks for my fantasy team

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4298 on: November 02, 2014, 03:34:08 pm »

sucks for my fantasy team

Rivers was pulled too.

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #4299 on: November 02, 2014, 04:30:05 pm »
I'm a couple of hours into Tears to Tiara 2 and...I'm liking it a lot more than I was expecting to; for me - to play through a game w/ only JP voices - reading (instead of hearing) everything in English subs...I've got to *really* like it.

So, who else here plays/has played games voiced entirely in a language that they know absolutely nothing about, and had to 'read their way' through the game in order to play it?  Which games?

I've never made it 100% through any myself - in fact, the only other game like this that I've played more than a few minutes of would be Record of Agarest War Zero which, iirc, I probably played about 1/3 of.  I remember putting it on hold - not because I disliked it (how could I ever dislike any game/series that has so much in common w/ Cross Edge; albeit in a slightly diluted, watered-down, and simplified sort of way?8)) -but- because a Disgaea game (3 or 4) came out while I was playing it and it got tossed into the very sincere & well-intentioned "I'll get back to this soon" pile  :-\

I always play games with the original Japanese audio whenever the option is available, and I've played plenty of games where Japanese audio is the only option. At this point I wouldn't say I know nothing about the language, but I'm not yet at the point where I can understand it all without some kind of translation. I'm really not a fan of dubs in general, I can't stand how most of them sound. There are some I don't mind though, like the dubs for Persona 3 & 4 (still prefer their Japanese voices though).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #4300 on: November 02, 2014, 06:14:03 pm »
Good god, the amount of football talk in this topic is @_@

dark, I am loving your new Koudelka icon!!

Haha!

I was wondering who here would even recognize her or where she was from!

You, however, were a no-brainer & one of the few here that I didn't have any question about knowing who she was  ;)

Credit where credit is due, though - it's thanks to Argyle, who was kind enough to find & forward the image to me - along w/ A LOT of other nice ones, too  ;D

I'm a couple of hours into Tears to Tiara 2 and...I'm liking it a lot more than I was expecting to; for me - to play through a game w/ only JP voices - reading (instead of hearing) everything in English subs...I've got to *really* like it.

So, who else here plays/has played games voiced entirely in a language that they know absolutely nothing about, and had to 'read their way' through the game in order to play it?  Which games?

I've never made it 100% through any myself - in fact, the only other game like this that I've played more than a few minutes of would be Record of Agarest War Zero which, iirc, I probably played about 1/3 of.  I remember putting it on hold - not because I disliked it (how could I ever dislike any game/series that has so much in common w/ Cross Edge; albeit in a slightly diluted, watered-down, and simplified sort of way?8)) -but- because a Disgaea game (3 or 4) came out while I was playing it and it got tossed into the very sincere & well-intentioned "I'll get back to this soon" pile  :-\

I know a good amount of Japanese, so I wouldn't say "know nothing about." However, games like Agarest War or Namco X Capcom still never bothered me when it came to dubbing. Actually, I usually prefer the dubbing to the subbing due to so many voice actors not conveying the characters in a good way. Perfect example: Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. In English? Awful. In Japanese? Relatable. Little things matter. ^^()

argyle

« Reply #4301 on: November 02, 2014, 11:32:52 pm »
In my younger days - college days to mid-20's or so - I was a real subtitle snob. HATED dubs, and only wanted stuff in the original language. Granted, dubs back then truly did suck - most dubs these days that people claim are bad aren't even remotely close to how bad many were in the 90's. But now I far prefer to play the game or watch the anime in English just so I don't have to read along with it - many times this is because I'm "multi tasking". There are very few games these days that have dubs bad enough to make me switch to Japanese. Guided Fate Paradox was one, not so much for the main characters but because many of the secondary characters have really annoying voices.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4302 on: November 03, 2014, 07:36:32 am »

dark, I am loving your new Koudelka icon!!

Haha!

I was wondering who here would even recognize her or where she was from!

You, however, were a no-brainer & one of the few here that I didn't have any question about knowing who she was  ;)

Credit where credit is due, though - it's thanks to Argyle, who was kind enough to find & forward the image to me - along w/ A LOT of other nice ones, too  ;D

I know a good amount of Japanese, so I wouldn't say "know nothing about." However, games like Agarest War or Namco X Capcom still never bothered me when it came to dubbing. Actually, I usually prefer the dubbing to the subbing due to so many voice actors not conveying the characters in a good way. Perfect example: Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. In English? Awful. In Japanese? Relatable. Little things matter. ^^()

So...size *does* matter!  :o

I knew it!   :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #4303 on: November 03, 2014, 07:55:40 am »

I was going to mention this. I believe there is a sports topic somewhere for people who actually like that crap. In the general thread however its not meant for play by play action.

kashell

« Reply #4304 on: November 03, 2014, 08:10:51 am »

So...size *does* matter!  :o

I knew it!   :P

Size queen! It's all about the motion of the ocean. Or so I've been told. ^_~

I was going to mention this. I believe there is a sports topic somewhere for people who actually like that crap. In the general thread however its not meant for play by play action.

<3 This made my morning.

So, it's time for a small update of sorts. First, we took a bookshelf and converted it into a gorgeous looking entertainment center that houses all of my consoles and still has room for new ones that I'll eventually get. It looks stunning, but the great part is that we kind of gutted the back wall, put in grommets behind the shelf, and now all of the chords are hidden. We then swapped upstairs and downstairs TVs since the downstairs one was bigger equipped with more options for hooking up various consoles. To celebrate doing this in one evening, I decided to buy a Retron 5! This is a fabulous little system and I'm so glad that it can play Game Boy related games as well as Famicom and Super Famicom games. A great weekend project knocked out with no fuss.

As far as gaming is going, I decided to try Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn. First, I feel fortunate enough to actually own a copy that has all of the parts (manual, case, sticker, pamphlet that tries to sell you WD swag) and I know that this is a fine game. However, something about it seems to be not clicking with me. Like, I kind of understand what I'm supposed to do, but achieving that might be a bit of a challenge. My friends on the GameFAQs message boards have offered me advice, too. But, I can say I tried it.

I laughed. I cried. It was better than Cats.

But for now, I'll probably just dabble in little games here or there until I can finally pick up Tales of Hearts.