Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1665806 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7155 on: May 18, 2015, 10:23:29 am »
Welp I'm off to my first day at the new job! Wish me luck!

Good luck!  :D

We've missed you, lady!  This place needs more of a feminine touch. I mean, we have soera; but it's not the same.

Isn't Deso around much either?

argyle

« Reply #7156 on: May 18, 2015, 10:28:16 am »
Argh Walmart just let me know they can't fulfill my preorder for the collector's edition of the Witcher 3! I'm so angry. I've had that preorder since December. Of course it's sold out everywhere else too  >:(

Man, that sucks. :( If you have any GS employee contacts, let them know you're looking for one. If anyone preordered one but changed their mind they'll have it in-store this week.

Anyone here recommend Elder Scrolls Online?  Want to play but hate  that my favorite class costs extra.   :-\

I talked it over w/ my wife this weekend and we decided to bite on it based on recent reviews + it not having a monthly fee anymore. We played & loved FFXIV last year, but quit playing because of the subscription fee.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7157 on: May 18, 2015, 12:20:22 pm »
I was thinking about, and there are a LOT of similarities between Goku of Dragonball Z and Superman.

Both are orphaned aliens of the most powerful alien race in their respective universes. Both were raised by human parents who loved them. Both were raised to do right by others and be respectful. Both grew to be heroes that defended the innocent. And both had villains from their planet that came and tried to destroy our planet (Vegeta and Zod). Both also died defending the planet.

Just wanted to point that out. Goku = Japan's Superman.

foxhack

« Reply #7158 on: May 18, 2015, 12:23:37 pm »

Nope. Superman has a job, a secret identity, and helps out everyone. He has an education and an actual degree. He was raised to help people.

Goku is a freeloading moocher who's never worked a single day of his life, that lives off his father in law's riches. He's pretty dumb and simple-minded (fight fight fight food fight fight) and couldn't even be bothered to help Chichi with house stuff. :P

kashell

« Reply #7159 on: May 18, 2015, 12:28:13 pm »
Next time, on DBZ: More charging and more filler!

Gods how I despise that show.

desocietas

« Reply #7160 on: May 18, 2015, 12:55:00 pm »
We've missed you, lady!  This place needs more of a feminine touch. I mean, we have soera; but it's not the same.

*lurks in the shadows* shhhh ;)

Also, good to see you back, karyann :D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7161 on: May 18, 2015, 12:55:11 pm »
Next time, on DBZ: More charging and more filler!

Gods how I despise that show.

I loved it but yes. That did get old.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #7162 on: May 18, 2015, 01:24:47 pm »

Re-reading my last post makes me wonder how I could even think that sentence made sense haha.

Thanks! :) I've been reading your tweets recently, I'm now almost always on twitter while in the subway now haha.

Edit: seems like during the last weeks I also forgot how to write  ??? fixed this post too  ::)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:28:47 pm by karyann »

desocietas

« Reply #7163 on: May 18, 2015, 01:50:44 pm »

Re-reading my last post makes me wonder how I could even think that sentence made sense haha.

Thanks! :) I've been reading your tweets recently, I'm now almost always on twitter while in the subway now haha.

Edit: seems like during the last weeks I also forgot how to write  ??? fixed this post too  ::)

Haha, well, I'm glad my twitter is good for something ;P If anything, it's a good way for me to let folks about some good sales and LE announcements!  I hope things go smoothly with the move!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7164 on: May 18, 2015, 02:04:25 pm »

Nope. Superman has a job, a secret identity, and helps out everyone. He has an education and an actual degree. He was raised to help people.

Goku is a freeloading moocher who's never worked a single day of his life, that lives off his father in law's riches. He's pretty dumb and simple-minded (fight fight fight food fight fight) and couldn't even be bothered to help Chichi with house stuff. :P

So he's Superman minus the secret identity. Superman probably wouldn't have to work if he went public, too. But saving the world, I'd imagine, is hard work. So is all that training.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7165 on: May 18, 2015, 04:55:52 pm »

bobster

« Reply #7166 on: May 18, 2015, 05:45:30 pm »
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! It went well. I'm pumped for it actually.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7167 on: May 18, 2015, 05:52:17 pm »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7168 on: May 18, 2015, 06:16:53 pm »

desocietas

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas