Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651879 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7515 on: July 07, 2015, 10:04:03 pm »
Anyone else just browse their collection on here and marvel at the majesty of it?  That shit is impressive.  Sometimes I look and think, "Holy shit!  I guess I need to quit looking for that.  It's already in my collection."

I just look at the boxes on the floor full of stuff and think to myself, i need a bigger room
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7516 on: July 07, 2015, 10:30:41 pm »
So i bought the Kinivo 501BN Premium 5 port High speed HDMI switch. So far I got the ps3 and ps4 connected. I need an extra HDMI cord to get the 360 set up. and hoping soon to buy a Wii U and get that connected to it too :)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #7517 on: July 08, 2015, 08:07:46 am »
Eternal Darkness is giving me life. I am so excited to see what happens next. The bad news is that I'll have to deal with more combat. The game would be perfect if it didn't have any combat or if the combat wasn't stupidly clunky.

I also restarted Mind Zero. I figure I could grind my heart out while we chill. I'm sort of a glutton for punishment.

telly

« Reply #7518 on: July 08, 2015, 09:34:26 am »
Eternal Darkness is giving me life. I am so excited to see what happens next. The bad news is that I'll have to deal with more combat. The game would be perfect if it didn't have any combat or if the combat wasn't stupidly clunky.

I also restarted Mind Zero. I figure I could grind my heart out while we chill. I'm sort of a glutton for punishment.

I enjoyed Eternal Darkness a lot when I played it for a little bit but I got stuck on that mirror puzzle in the telescope room like 10 minutes into the game! Haha I need to buy it so I can try it again. :P
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:38:21 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7519 on: July 08, 2015, 10:18:42 am »
For some reason Suikoden 1 is holding onto me so well for a big scale traditional JRPG. I don't know what it is, it plays into all the stereotypes and has been done a thousand times over but this game is great. So happy I grabbed it at the flea market, definitely worth its price. I kinda wanna jump right into 2 once I'm done but thats gonna be a real long one I have a feeling.

kashell

« Reply #7520 on: July 08, 2015, 10:59:35 am »

I enjoyed Eternal Darkness a lot when I played it for a little bit but I got stuck on that mirror puzzle in the telescope room like 10 minutes into the game! Haha I need to buy it so I can try it again. :P

As far as I can tell, that puzzle isn't needed until near the end of the game. If things continue to go as they are now, I'm sure that there will be an explanation on how to solve it. The puzzles haven't been very challenging, but they have been fun.

I've seen ED go for a pretty penny on amazon, so hopefully you can find a copy for a fair price.

For some reason Suikoden 1 is holding onto me so well for a big scale traditional JRPG. I don't know what it is, it plays into all the stereotypes and has been done a thousand times over but this game is great. So happy I grabbed it at the flea market, definitely worth its price. I kinda wanna jump right into 2 once I'm done but thats gonna be a real long one I have a feeling.

I actually thought Suikoden lacked most of the stereotypes seen in the genre. The game is simple to a fault, but the unique world and characters keep the momentum going. FYI: Suikoden II is about 50 hours long, but it tends to outstay its welcome after the 30 hour mark. Still, a great game and totally worth playing if you enjoy the first one.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7521 on: July 08, 2015, 11:44:38 am »
Yo, are cheap like 6 dollar HDMI cables good to go? I need one to connect my 360 and I dont wanna drop $25.

1049-2600-8730

argyle

« Reply #7522 on: July 08, 2015, 11:59:11 am »
Yo, are cheap like 6 dollar HDMI cables good to go? I need one to connect my 360 and I dont wanna drop $25.

Yes. Since HDMI is a digital connection, it either works or it doesn't - there's no such thing as "higher quality / more expensive cables give you a better picture." And anyone who says their is is probably just trying to sell you a $50 cable you don't need. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7523 on: July 08, 2015, 12:35:09 pm »

Amazon Basics, my man.  They work like a champ and are $6 or something like that. 

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7524 on: July 08, 2015, 01:19:27 pm »

Yes. Since HDMI is a digital connection, it either works or it doesn't - there's no such thing as "higher quality / more expensive cables give you a better picture." And anyone who says their is is probably just trying to sell you a $50 cable you don't need. ;)

Making sure, thank you

And you to turf <3 ;)

1049-2600-8730

foxhack

« Reply #7525 on: July 08, 2015, 03:19:06 pm »

I recommend this site for getting good quality cheap cables of any length.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7526 on: July 08, 2015, 04:11:59 pm »

I recommend this site for getting good quality cheap cables of any length.

Thank you sir. Just got back from getting one. :)

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #7527 on: July 08, 2015, 10:59:32 pm »

As far as I can tell, that puzzle isn't needed until near the end of the game. If things continue to go as they are now, I'm sure that there will be an explanation on how to solve it. The puzzles haven't been very challenging, but they have been fun.

I've seen ED go for a pretty penny on amazon, so hopefully you can find a copy for a fair price.

Yeah man, it's on my wishlist for sure :D. Since you were also talking about Suikoden, I'm thinking  of buying Suikoden II on PSN as well since it's like $10
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #7528 on: July 09, 2015, 08:12:15 am »
If you enjoyed the first one, then absolutely get the second. 10 dollars is a super steal.

telly

« Reply #7529 on: July 09, 2015, 08:47:20 am »
I did enjoy the first one! And I don't mind digital so it seems like a good buy to me at. Especially since the physical game is $130+ for a complete version. I saw in your collection that you said you won your copy - I'm super jelly!
Currently Playing: