Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1540220 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7800 on: August 10, 2015, 08:06:02 am »
The good news is I got the platinum! The bad news is that I still have a hard time recommending the game. Still, if you or Lady D want some advice I'd be happy to give it while the game is still fresh in my head.

Congrats!

Thanks!

I decided to finally start Criminal Girls! I'm really annoyed by the censorship, but I'm still enjoying the game so far. Also, it was a tax free weekend so I bought a plethora of fantastic new couture. "A snappily dressed gamer is a gamer worth trusting" said no one until now. XD

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7801 on: August 10, 2015, 08:58:37 am »
Not sure if you guys have noticed my absence but I recently moved and have been without internet for a week. It should be back on Tuesday. I cant wait. I also cant wait to update my collection as there is a big item (for me) I just got.

Not here @ VGC, per se, but - I've been missing your smexy ass on PSN
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7802 on: August 10, 2015, 09:48:39 am »
Not sure if you guys have noticed my absence but I recently moved and have been without internet for a week. It should be back on Tuesday. I cant wait. I also cant wait to update my collection as there is a big item (for me) I just got.

Oh we noticed, but it was with a sigh of relief.   :D

Enjoy the new digs, brother

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7803 on: August 10, 2015, 09:57:40 am »
^^^^^^^

Liking the avvie, brother turf -

you sure you're cool enough to pull it off, though? :o

kashell

« Reply #7804 on: August 10, 2015, 10:50:47 am »
I was reading some information on a forum, and I saw the term "save scumming" mentioned a few times. Does anyone know what this means? O_o

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7805 on: August 10, 2015, 11:25:23 am »
I was reading some information on a forum, and I saw the term "save scumming" mentioned a few times. Does anyone know what this means? O_o

Yep.

Depending on your perspective, it's a cheat, exploit, work-a-round, solution, etc to (mostly Perma) RNG nastiness.

Often used to offset games that autosave.

In a nutshell:

- Save a Suspend save (file that automatically gets over-written),

- Exit game,

- Transfer this save to PS+, USB, etc.

- Return to game

Now, if you get perma-screwed, you can "Save Scum" (Re-copy the file from wherever you transferred it to) back to your saved game data; making permanence relative  ;)

kashell

« Reply #7806 on: August 10, 2015, 11:36:31 am »
Thanks as always, dark! I guess that means I should get PS+ again at some point. There are some games on my radar that look like they'd be much more tolerable with it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7807 on: August 10, 2015, 11:46:44 am »
Thanks as always, dark! I guess that means I should get PS+ again at some point. There are some games on my radar that look like they'd be much more tolerable with it.

PS+

and/or

depending on which PS3 you have (on my launch 60 Gig, for example), it's as simple as popping-in a USB card in the front of the PS3 and transferring it back -n- forth from there.

Damn!

Have I mentioned why and just how much I love my launch PS3?

Off to RoAW2 ==>

Warmsignal

« Reply #7808 on: August 10, 2015, 12:25:29 pm »
Do any of you guys live near a place that sells lots of DVDs? Been looking around for the tv show Ghost Adventures, the season 1 DVD. Unfortunately it's OOP which makes no sense, and you know what that means online... $$$$!!! I want it, but damn I'm not paying those online prices. Checked everyone local and nothing. Can't find it.  :-\ But I live in a small, crappy town. Help!

desocietas

« Reply #7809 on: August 10, 2015, 12:32:03 pm »
Do any of you guys live near a place that sells lots of DVDs? Been looking around for the tv show Ghost Adventures, the season 1 DVD. Unfortunately it's OOP which makes no sense, and you know what that means online... $$$$!!! I want it, but damn I'm not paying those online prices. Checked everyone local and nothing. Can't find it.  :-\ But I live in a small, crappy town. Help!

Whoa, had no idea it was going for so much.  I'll keep an eye out! What price are you hoping to get it for, in case any of us do find it?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7810 on: August 10, 2015, 12:46:55 pm »

Ill keep an eye out.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

Warmsignal

« Reply #7811 on: August 10, 2015, 12:47:09 pm »

Whoa, had no idea it was going for so much.  I'll keep an eye out! What price are you hoping to get it for, in case any of us do find it?

Well I picked up season 2 from FYE for $25, so $25 to $30 at most?

telly

« Reply #7812 on: August 10, 2015, 01:12:23 pm »

Ahh Ghost Adventures, that show was quite fun; I used to watch it with my brother all the time.  :D
I don't know of anywhere around me that sells lots of DVDs...  :-\ But if I find it I will try and pick it up for you!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 05:29:11 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

« Reply #7813 on: August 10, 2015, 02:05:49 pm »

Well I picked up season 2 from FYE for $25, so $25 to $30 at most?

Ok, I'll keep an eye out at my local video shops :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #7814 on: August 10, 2015, 02:08:52 pm »
Sure, I can look for it next time I'm at the store.