Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1536383 times)

Warmsignal

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7815 on: August 10, 2015, 02:30:39 pm »
Thanks guys, it really means a lot that you would considered doing that for me.

One helpful tip that I thought of when looking for it, is to remember that it comes in a clear-plastic DVD case, unlike most DVDs which come in black. So when you look at a line of DVDs you can pretty much know that the black ones aren't it by looking at the edges.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:34:12 pm by Warmsignal »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7816 on: August 10, 2015, 03:34:03 pm »
I am gonna build this next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXTkD7Rq2jU
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7817 on: August 10, 2015, 04:03:10 pm »
^^^^^^^

Liking the avvie, brother turf -

you sure you're cool enough to pull it off, though? :o

Is anyone cool enough to pull of Thrilla Gorilla?  If anyone is, it's me.   8)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7818 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:44 pm »
Eff Craigslist!  >:(

Everyone on there thinks they have gold.  I've hit up 2 people for stuff.  They both want WAAAAYY over eBay prices. 

A Super Nintendo with some shitty games for $180?  Really?  Good luck, dick.

Warmsignal

« Reply #7819 on: August 10, 2015, 07:28:20 pm »
You're right. I'll take $175, but I ain't throwing in Shaq Fu.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7820 on: August 11, 2015, 07:25:28 am »
 :-X :-\ :o 8) ;) ;D

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

oh my!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Warmsignal

« Reply #7821 on: August 11, 2015, 07:26:21 am »
So my friend did some psychedelic drugs and went off the deep end. I seriously think it damaged him. He is totally manic. Couldn't make much sense of his rambling, but from what I gather the insanity has been going on for over a week straight, claims that he hasn't slept, but keeps talking about "dreams" that give him more knowledge of the universe. All sorts of bizarre rambling, he evidently thinks he is god, wants to take over the church of Scientology. Actually thinks he's gonna do it.

I feel really bad for his family, they have no idea what to do. The psych ward didn't help, they probably should have just left him there.  :(

telly

« Reply #7822 on: August 11, 2015, 07:50:23 am »
Ah, that's really unfortunate :( I'm really sorry to hear that.

I'm certainly no doctor, but yeah, it sounds like he had some exacerbation of a mania, with the grandiose delusions, etc. If he had a history of bipolar disorder, for example, the manic episode could have manifested from taking those drugs. I don't know what they did for him in the psych ward, but I'm wondering if he needs to get some kind of prescription medication like lithium or some other anti-manic, especially if this episode has been going on for a while. I certainly think it would be wise if he went to see somebody about it. :-\
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:09:09 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #7823 on: August 11, 2015, 08:14:32 am »
I know that November is still far away, but I figured I could get some opinions since I know some of the regulars are cat owners.

My entire family is coming to our place for Thanksgiving. My dad is really -REALLY- allergic to cats, though.  My partner and I are insanely clean and are always vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing, etc. but my dad's allergies are so bad that it wouldn't matter. As most of you know, boarding a cat is (usually) a traumatic experience for it. I'm still willing to do that (they'd be here Thursday and Friday so it's only two days) but I'm wondering if there are any other ideas from everyone on here.

abe

« Reply #7824 on: August 11, 2015, 10:38:24 am »
I know that November is still far away, but I figured I could get some opinions since I know some of the regulars are cat owners.

My entire family is coming to our place for Thanksgiving. My dad is really -REALLY- allergic to cats, though.  My partner and I are insanely clean and are always vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing, etc. but my dad's allergies are so bad that it wouldn't matter. As most of you know, boarding a cat is (usually) a traumatic experience for it. I'm still willing to do that (they'd be here Thursday and Friday so it's only two days) but I'm wondering if there are any other ideas from everyone on here.

What exactly do you mean by "boarding"?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #7825 on: August 11, 2015, 10:48:30 am »
By boarding, I just putting her in a kennel, daycare, camp, etc. type of thing for two days.

abe

« Reply #7826 on: August 11, 2015, 11:07:34 am »
Hm, okay then.

Well, you could isolate your kitty cat to a part of your house that your family won't be staying in for the time. When I visit my grandparents, my cat stays on the top floor the whole time and she really doesn't seem to mind as long as she gets some attention every now and then. That being said, she stays upstairs of her own choice since she's not too fond of my grandparents' dog, not because of anyone's allergies. However, I don't see why it wouldn't work for somebody with allergies.

karyann

« Reply #7827 on: August 11, 2015, 11:25:02 am »
I've been semi-absent so I wasn't sure if I just missed your posts or if you disappeared. Glad to know that you've got the internet back :) I believe you'll post that big item in the "finds" thread?

abe

« Reply #7828 on: August 11, 2015, 11:34:41 am »
This Monster Hunter Diary commercial is adorable.

kashell

« Reply #7829 on: August 11, 2015, 11:43:02 am »
Hm, okay then.

Well, you could isolate your kitty cat to a part of your house that your family won't be staying in for the time. When I visit my grandparents, my cat stays on the top floor the whole time and she really doesn't seem to mind as long as she gets some attention every now and then. That being said, she stays upstairs of her own choice since she's not too fond of my grandparents' dog, not because of anyone's allergies. However, I don't see why it wouldn't work for somebody with allergies.

We tried that back in March ~_~ It sort of worked at first, but he started to get into his sneezing fits about an hour later. Unless we lock her in a crate and then in a closet in something like the master bedroom I think that option won't work.