Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1649820 times)

telly

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7860 on: August 14, 2015, 08:57:56 am »
Is Far Cry 3 the one where you can ride on elephants? Or am I thinking of another one...

Criminal Girls started off around the mediocre level, but now that I'm in the Education Block things have gotten very interesting. The censorship still annoys the crap out of me, but at least we got the game in our native tongue. I wish they install a patch that gets rid of that awkward looking smog.

I think Far Cry 4 is the one with Elephants - it takes place in the Himalayan area while FC3 is on a tropical island.

Also... awkward looking smog?  ???
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #7861 on: August 14, 2015, 09:07:05 am »
Is Far Cry 3 the one where you can ride on elephants? Or am I thinking of another one...

Criminal Girls started off around the mediocre level, but now that I'm in the Education Block things have gotten very interesting. The censorship still annoys the crap out of me, but at least we got the game in our native tongue. I wish they install a patch that gets rid of that awkward looking smog.

I think Far Cry 4 is the one with Elephants - it takes place in the Himalayan area while FC3 is on a tropical island.

In Criminal Girls, you need to play the Motivation Mini-Game to teach your girls new skills. Basically, you need to utilize the touch screens on the Vita and properly time presses, swipes, etc. The girls are in...suggestive positions and wearing revealing clothing. Pink smog is on the screen when you start. In Japan, the further you got into the game the more visible they became. In our fine country, the publishers felt the need to add more smog so it looks like the girls are...well...doing very un-ladylike activities. In some ways, it looks more perverse than the original look.

*sigh*

telly

« Reply #7862 on: August 14, 2015, 09:38:43 am »

In Criminal Girls, you need to play the Motivation Mini-Game to teach your girls new skills. Basically, you need to utilize the touch screens on the Vita and properly time presses, swipes, etc. The girls are in...suggestive positions and wearing revealing clothing. Pink smog is on the screen when you start. In Japan, the further you got into the game the more visible they became. In our fine country, the publishers felt the need to add more smog so it looks like the girls are...well...doing very un-ladylike activities. In some ways, it looks more perverse than the original look.

*sigh*

Ahh ok. That must be frustrating to have to deal with censorship like that. And it sounds like it makes the whole thing worse rather than better  :-\
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 09:52:13 am by telly »
Currently Playing:

desocietas

« Reply #7863 on: August 14, 2015, 01:04:59 pm »
Gawd help me, the boyfriend managed to talk me into playing Magic the Gathering:TCG with him.  I swear I played it when I was young, when it was first released (along with the Pokemon: TCG!), but I don't recall any of it really... or I never understood everything back then, ha.

It's actually pretty fun, so I thought I'd try out his various MTG steam games.  We'll see where this ends up... if anything, I'm staunchly against the idea of paying money for DLC/digital booster packs/whatever usually, so I'm curious what I can get out of the base video games from just playing.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #7864 on: August 14, 2015, 03:26:04 pm »
Gawd help me, the boyfriend managed to talk me into playing Magic the Gathering:TCG with him.  I swear I played it when I was young, when it was first released (along with the Pokemon: TCG!), but I don't recall any of it really... or I never understood everything back then, ha.

It's actually pretty fun, so I thought I'd try out his various MTG steam games.  We'll see where this ends up... if anything, I'm staunchly against the idea of paying money for DLC/digital booster packs/whatever usually, so I'm curious what I can get out of the base video games from just playing.

Are you talking about Duels of the Planeswalkers? I'm pretty sure it's a free to play, pay to win sort of situation.

Speaking of card games, I've heard Hearthstone is another fun card game by Blizzard that has been said to have a better mana system than Magic: it just gives you mana every turn.

Also, I <3 the Pokemon TCG :)
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #7865 on: August 14, 2015, 03:56:24 pm »
Flashback Friday. I played both Magic the Gathering and the Pokémon TCG back in the day. I think my brother held onto all of our Pokémon cards, some of which I remember being super shiny and "rare." I doubt that they'd be worth much anymore, though.

maximo310

« Reply #7866 on: August 14, 2015, 04:09:22 pm »
Some of the earlier Pokemon TCG sets, like the Base sets, have some decently pricey values, like Charizard ( shiny). Although it doesn't come close to the rarity+ price points of some cards in Yu Gi Oh.

desocietas

« Reply #7867 on: August 14, 2015, 09:08:57 pm »

Are you talking about Duels of the Planeswalkers? I'm pretty sure it's a free to play, pay to win sort of situation.

Speaking of card games, I've heard Hearthstone is another fun card game by Blizzard that has been said to have a better mana system than Magic: it just gives you mana every turn.

Also, I <3 the Pokemon TCG :)

He has Magic 2014 and 2015, and neither of those are free, unfortunately.  They do have packs that you can buy, though, or you can play the game over time to get more cards. There is at least free one, but I've heard it's not great.

I've heard Hearthstone is fun, though I know some folks call it "Baby Magic," lol.  Now that the Pokemon TCG packs seem to have made a comeback, I'm tempted to pick them back up again...  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #7868 on: August 16, 2015, 11:54:36 am »
It's currently 91 F / 33 C with 59% relative humidity. It's 8:54 AM.

Today's max temperature is going to be 117 F / 47 C.

Today. Is going. To fucking suck.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7869 on: August 16, 2015, 12:19:23 pm »
It's currently 91 F / 33 C with 59% relative humidity. It's 8:54 AM.

Today's max temperature is going to be 117 F / 47 C.

Today. Is going. To fucking suck.

Our high is 91, come up to Long Beach and we can hang out haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #7870 on: August 16, 2015, 03:50:47 pm »
Does anyone know if The Playroom for the PS4 will get any more additions? I finished earning all of the trophies and I'm planning on being a shady son-of-a-bitch and returning the camera to the store for a full refund. Also, I think The Playroom is shit.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7871 on: August 16, 2015, 04:04:48 pm »
Does anyone know if The Playroom for the PS4 will get any more additions? I finished earning all of the trophies and I'm planning on being a shady son-of-a-bitch and returning the camera to the store for a full refund. Also, I think The Playroom is shit.

I never even played it, and ive had a ps4 almost a year. :o
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7872 on: August 17, 2015, 02:54:51 pm »
Played a level of Project X Zone yesterday. I forgot how fun it is and crazy amount of references and characters. Its a bit much to play more than a few levels in a go but its a good wind-down game to play before bed or when you wake up.

kashell

« Reply #7873 on: August 17, 2015, 04:29:59 pm »
Project X Zone is chaotic fun. I'm so glad that we are getting the sequel. If you get the chance, I recommend checking out Namco X Capcom. It might be lacking in story, but the huge roster of characters and fun combat make up for it.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7874 on: August 18, 2015, 01:42:59 am »
Project X Zone is chaotic fun. I'm so glad that we are getting the sequel. If you get the chance, I recommend checking out Namco X Capcom. It might be lacking in story, but the huge roster of characters and fun combat make up for it.

Yeah, I can especially tell there are a lot of callbacks in Project X Zone to Namco X Capcom. Like when Jin says he has been to Arthur's world before.

As far as I can tell its only been released on Japanese PS2 though? So wouldn't it be impossible for me to play/read the japanese?