Author Topic: Played/Competed  (Read 2398 times)

godnightshade

Played/Competed
« on: October 15, 2012, 03:36:46 pm »
To help us keep track of what we've played or completed on our list, there should be a checkbox we can click to tell us if we've played/completed the game.

topspot123

Re: Played/Competed
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:47 pm »
Not a necessity, but seconded.

kokonami

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:04:44 am »
Agreed. It's not super important or necessarily useful, but sometimes it's sort of cool to see how many games you've actually completed/how many games other have completed in their collections. That in-development Collection Stats page could even show you what percentage of your collection has been completed.

Beyond that though, I wouldn't recommend it. Then it just gets to be too much, IMO.
Currently playing: Okage: Shadow King, Odin Sphere, Drakengard
On the hunt for: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia(DS), Alundra (PS1), and Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS).

I don't think you realize how much I love Crobats.

scott

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 12:06:55 am »
Lol. My completed % would me prolly less than 1%.  :'(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

kokonami

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 12:29:19 pm »
Lol. My completed % would me prolly less than 1%.  :'(

Is that because you have so many video games in your collection, or because you don't play then all that often? xD I only WISH that I could own that many games.
On the hunt for: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia(DS), Alundra (PS1), and Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS).

scott

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 01:01:08 pm »
It's mostly because I get hooked on a game, then something else comes around and I get hooked on that and never finish the one before it.

For example. This is my 4th time starting Persona 3 FES. Once I lost my saves, because my PS3 wiped my virtual memory card. Another I started and got side tracked with an MMO, and then the last time I was trying to play it along with 3 other RPGs simultaneously. Only to have a new game come out and steal the attention away from all of them.

It's a viscous cycle of unfinished games. haha

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 01:14:20 pm »
It's mostly because I get hooked on a game, then something else comes around and I get hooked on that and never finish the one before it.

For example. This is my 4th time starting Persona 3 FES. Once I lost my saves, because my PS3 wiped my virtual memory card. Another I started and got side tracked with an MMO, and then the last time I was trying to play it along with 3 other RPGs simultaneously. Only to have a new game come out and steal the attention away from all of them.

It's a viscous cycle of unfinished games. haha

diiiiiiitto
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kokonami

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 01:18:55 pm »
I'm pretty guilty of that too. I always do that whenever i add a new game to my collection. Kinda like with my Okage: Shadow King. I've had it forever, but just stopped playing it because other games came into my possession. Only now have I found the time to finally get past the second boss in the game. xP

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »
Not a necessity, but seconded.

Same; thirded  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 02:34:38 pm »
I dont know if I could actually come up with a list cause it would be huge.  Growing up, its the only thing I was ever any good at so I would plow through games on a daily basis. I have a different way of playing too. I dont tend to get distracted once a game starts ... only in between games. I procrastinate after beating one and starting the next but once that next one starts, I become obsessed with finishing it.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 02:58:37 pm »
I have a different way of playing too. I dont tend to get distracted once a game starts ... only in between games. I procrastinate after beating one and starting the next, but once that next one starts, I become obsessed with finishing it.

We're very much the same in that, then (I also prefer to throw myself entirely into whatever game I'm playing until I've finished it, fucking around for a bit, and then repeating the cycle all over again as soon as I start the next game:)

This actually kinda ties in nicely w/ me being a "completionist", too  8)

I wouldn't even try to remember back to make a list of games I played long ago, but, I do think it would be cool to see how much progress I've made/need to make with what I currently own...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 08:35:08 pm »
This particular thread makes my internet explorer crash every single time I enter it. I don't know what's going on. But FireFox is doing fine.

Just wanted to say that I'd LOVE this feature added.

pacpix

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 08:38:10 pm »
This particular thread makes my internet explorer crash every single time I enter it. I don't know what's going on. But FireFox is doing fine.

Install Google Chrome, it will change your life.
https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 08:39:43 pm »

Qft.

kokonami

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 11:03:26 pm »

Qft.

Amen to that.  8)