Author Topic: First VGA Submission: Doom 64 (85+) !  (Read 6182 times)

soera

Re: First VGA Submission: Doom 64 (85+) !
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 05:40:16 pm »
I think it would be worth it if you plan on selling it. As far as I know, the cost for VGA grading is around $75 but the added price difference in selling is hundreds.

zombi

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:27 pm »
Now that I've said that I don't really get into VGA stuff, would it be worth it to get a copy of FFVI GBA graded? I'll never open it anyway :)

I highly doubt it would get rated at less than an 85, probably a 90.

I would, but only if you think it can score at least an 85 or higher.

madmax

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 05:17:00 pm »
Although I don't really get the whole graded thing either. I wouldn't say no to sealed and graded FF games xD

Grats on your first VGA graded game. Looks great, keep it safe :)

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 01:12:29 am »
I think it would be worth it if you plan on selling it. As far as I know, the cost for VGA grading is around $75 but the added price difference in selling is hundreds.

I'll slap a sticker on a plastic box for half that price if you like!

Three things to remember -

1) By definition, VGA haven't verified the contents of a sealed game. There's no guarantee there's anything inside (unlikely, but I have opened factory sealed games with missing contents before). You're paying for a good looking outer box, nothing more.

2) The plastic used to seal games (not the VGA box, just the actual seal) isn't preservation grade. It's only designed to keep them clean and untampered with during transit to a store.

3) I really don't understand why people care so much about what these people think that they want to pay them money to give your game a number. Has anyone really scrutinised their system? Can someone tell me the difference between an 85 and an 86 graded game?