Author Topic: Sticker Removal... On Discs  (Read 1526 times)

artikskarab

Sticker Removal... On Discs
« on: December 22, 2012, 11:40:03 pm »
I'm trying to find a way to remove store stickers without damaging the disc nor the label...

Crying does not show your weakness... Crying means you have the strength to accept all of your emotions!
Now playing: Ratchet & Clank Collection - PS3

byron

Re: Sticker Removal... On Discs
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:53:01 am »
The only ways to effectively remove stickers involve chemicals or high heat, neither of which are good for CDs.

If you can't peel it, leave it alone.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 01:17:31 am »
Peel it off and remove the rest with a few dabs of rubbing alcohol or goo gone. It should be OK as long as you don't scratch at the surface. Careful with the goo gone... I've never had an issue, but others might not be so lucky.

ffxik

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 01:26:07 am »
If it's a paper sticker you could try dabbing on some oil rub in and let sit for a few it will help loosen the glue.  If it's vinyl or plastic...the best of luck.  My advice is to work it from all sides slowly and carefully  toward the center.  If you start on one side and pull toward the opposite you run the risk of pulling up the original label.  Which of course is very bad.

Here's what can happen.
https://twitter.com/teknophyl/status/198511148755202048/photo/1

I hope teknophyl will forgive me for linking this.  Needless to say -be careful-

darko

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 10:03:32 am »
I've successfully taken the full disc stickers off of many PS2 games without any issue. Actually, the only game I've ever had an issue with was MGS for the PS1. The art on top of the disc was some type of metallic thing that decided to come right off with the sticker.

scott

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 01:08:44 pm »
Well if I ever need stickers removed from discs, I'm shipping them off to darko. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread