Author Topic: whats know about x-box 720 and the ps4 (update)  (Read 2950 times)

htimreimer

whats know about x-box 720 and the ps4 (update)
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:36:30 am »
there is a lot of talk about the wii u but some of you probably wondering about x-box and ps4  and i'm gonna give you all the information we know of as of now and this is combination of rumors,game/tech analyst reports and leaked information and what do you guys think

xbox 720 aka durango
microsoft will almost completely ditch the controller in favor of kinect and smart glass
microsoft will continue the windows 8 strategy with the next xbox
durango will have a bluray player or it will not have an optical drive
durango will use ati southern islands gpu or modified 7000 series
durango will use 16-core  power pc cpu  or a custom arm cpu
360 degree 3D projector that would work with Kinect
durango will have anti used games technology

ps4 aka orbis
according to a leaked report about the ps4 dev kit,the console will use AMD A10 APU ( its a combo of the cpu & gpu), between 8gb and 16gb of RAM, 256gb of storage, a bluray drive,hdmi and wifi capabilities
a new ui
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:38:39 pm by htimreimer »

darko

Re: whats know about x-box 720 and the ps4
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:06:31 pm »
there is a lot of talk about the wii u but some of you probably wondering about x-box and ps4  and i'm gonna give you all the information we know of as of now and this is combination of rumors,game/tech analyst reports and leaked information and what do you guys think

xbox 720 aka durango
microsoft will almost completely ditch the controller in favor of kinect and smart glass - Seems unlikely
microsoft will continue the windows 8 strategy with the next xbox - Not a big surprise
durango will have a bluray player or it will not have an optical drive - Unlikely that it won't have an optical drive IMO.
durango will use ati southern islands gpu or modified 7000 series
durango will use 16-core  power pc cpu  or a custom arm cpu
360 degree 3D projector that would work with Kinect - Meh, whatever.
durango will have anti used games technology - Pretty much already confirmed to be nothing more than a rumor.

I'm not a M$ fanboy by any means, but I really doubt that they'll totally change the way they're currently doing things after the success of the 360. This configuration would require constant online access, which would eliminate a ton of their user base for various reasons.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 02:11:35 pm by darko »

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 02:03:22 pm »
I wouldn't take any xbox 720 rumors to heart yet, especially that thing about the projector and the kinect/smartglass-only thing...UNLESS the next Xbox becomes solely a media center... Which I think would be suicide so that won't happen.

As for the PS4, the leaks do sound pretty likely, and seem to point at a ~500$ pricepoint... Which I'm not yet sure would be a mistake or not... Since Sony need to be careful next gen, another PS3 launch-style fiasco could very much destroy them.

byron

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 11:58:12 pm »
Which I think would be suicide so that won't happen.

another PS3 launch-style fiasco could very much destroy them.

We deride these companies for their apparent total lack of business acumen and speculate what will cause their downfall, but thus far none of the bafflingly poor choices they have made have done much to negatively impact their bottom line. I think The PS4 launch could be so poorly executed as to result in the deaths of hundreds, the Xbox 720 could be a DLC-only karaoke machine and the Wii U could have a feature that punched the user in the crotch every time it was powered on and the CEOs of those companies wouldn't be missing a single bill from their hot tubs full of cash.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:31 am »
Well, that may be true for Microsoft and Nintendo.... but Sony are very much in trouble right now, with all their divisions losing money and being heavily in debt. I mean, I don't doubt that each of the CEOs sdo actually have hot tubs filled with cash, but Sony's hot tub is filled with other peoples' cash, and at some point they'll want it back.

As for saying making the 720 a kinect media center would be suicide, I mean that... well, no one would buy it, Microsoft would just lose money with it. Let's not go crazy here, they wouldn't even be close to dying no matter what, but it would really just be a money-sink.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:30 pm »
I would discard most of the 720 rumors, but the PS4 rumors seem pretty acurate. I dont think it will be around 500 dollars though, Sony should know better by now.

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 12:37:21 am »
As far as the 720 is concerned the anti-used games thing.  This has already been denied by Microsoft, months ago in fact. 

htimreimer

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 03:38:35 pm »
here more information about the x-box 720

the name of the next's xbox will either be the xbox 8 or xbox infinity all because microsoft went on a domain name shopping spree and got domains like xbox8.com
as unhappy xbox fans will be,it looks like kinect will sit at the heart of the next xbox experience but controller will still be around
the next Xbox will arrive in time for christmas 2013 and will cost $299

ffxik

Re: whats know about x-box 720 and the ps4 (update)
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 10:55:42 pm »
If Microsoft wants to use the Kinect that's fine.  I really don't care about it until they actually put out a decent game for it. 

htimreimer

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 09:03:35 am »
If Microsoft wants to use the Kinect that's fine.  I really don't care about it until they actually put out a decent game for it.
i agree with you on that

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 09:49:45 am »
I like the idea of using the SmartGlass to run everything.  The Kinect just doesn't work as advertised in a real living room. 
I just downloaded the SmartGlass app the other day, and so far I love it.  I wouldn't want to play games with it, but for controlling the dashboard and HBOGO it's amazing.  I always have my phone with me.  That's one more remote I don't have to keep up with.  Now LG needs to get onboard and come up with something like this for my TV and BluRay player.

htimreimer

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 02:48:16 pm »
well it looks like we're getting a xbox tv set top with the core components of windows 8 and support casual gaming titles rather than full xbox games and i'm not sure if this is good thing or bad thing so look at this page and what do you think of this

darko

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 03:38:16 pm »
That might be one option for people, doubt it's going to be the ONLY option.

htimreimer

Re: whats know about x-box 720 and the ps4 (update) because
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 02:00:53 pm »
That might be one option for people, doubt it's going to be the ONLY option.
i agree but i have to ask,who is this for because people who want a roku don't want this because it not a pure streaming device and people who want a new xbox don't want this because it not the next gen xbox,it like there trying to combine roku or apple tv and social media together and i don't see a market for it