Author Topic: We are now at the beginning of the 8th generation of gaming!  (Read 1038 times)

jobocan

We are now at the beginning of the 8th generation of gaming!
« on: November 18, 2012, 12:07:54 am »

... Doesn't feel any different.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: We are now at the beginning of the 8th generation of gaming!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 11:03:28 pm »
Maybe not in the 8th, but the leap in social gaming from the 6th to 7th generation made a large distinction between the two generations, and then later in it the popularity of motion-controls made an even bigger distinction. I think it's still a little too early to tell anything yet about the 8th genertaion. We just have to sit back and watch for a little bit to see what happens.

jobocan

Re: We are now at the beginning of the 8th generation of gaming!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:07:59 am »
That's not how generations work :P
The only difference here is that we don't know what Sony and Microsoft are doing yet, but the Wii U IS the first 8th gen home system, since it's Nintendo's new system after their 7th gen system (the 3DS and Vita being the 8th gen handheld competitors this time). System power and even the use of different innovations has nothing to do with what generation a console is in. I think/hope both Sony and MS will release their 8th gen consoles this year, and I can't wait to see what they'll both do.

I think that, after maybe the next generation, the concept of "generations" might die off altogether, but we'll see :P