Author Topic: What kind of game collector are you?  (Read 5515 times)

Re: What kind of game collector are you?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 03:39:13 pm »
I buy games that interest me in one way or another. A lot of times because of the art design within games it's incredible sometimes what they were able to pull off on certain systems. Somtimes I just love that style of game and if I can get it for cheap it's worth it even if the game is crap. I also think a reason why I have a ton of games is because I only had a snes until 1999 when I got a ps1 and I still loved snes and never wanted to get rid of the games I had for but it was like, I've had for 10 years, why get rid of it now? So thats just my mentallity

foxhack

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »
You mean like that Greatest Hits copy of Wheel of Fortune on PS1?
I grew up watching that show, shut up. :P

topspot123

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 04:34:11 pm »
Even though my collection has become gigantic, I only buy games that I like.  I really try to play/complete each of them, but each new generation I fall further behind this goal. 

scott

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 04:37:08 pm »
I mainly buy games that I'm interested in. Though there are some that are in there that I thought I would be, but wasn't. Also my collecting habits span entire systems, so I end up with games from all over the place, which is why I have almost all of my consoles hooked to my TV. I try to focus on Castlevania and other series I enjoy, RPGs and SHMUPs, Saturn and GB games. But over years of gaming I've collected from everywhere.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

vancha

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 02:47:30 am »
Even though my collection has become gigantic, I only buy games that I like.  I really try to play/complete each of them, but each new generation I fall further behind this goal.

I have the same problem as you. I also only buy what I know i would/will enjoy, but the last couple of weeks I almost bought enough for a whole year of playtime...

I still have a backlog of Wii games and I hope to play atleast one or two now that I have my Wii U

htimreimer

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 03:12:55 am »
just about anything thats not nes,snes and some what the genesis because the games and the snes console are way to expensive for something that was as mass produced as they were
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:15:53 am by htimreimer »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 05:40:12 am »
For the NES, I'll buy any ole game. I wanted a complete collection, but unless I win the lottery I don't think it'll happen. As for everything else, I buy what I think I might want to play, what is a deal, and what is collectible.
For example, I bought Eternal Champions for Sega CD. Do I want to play it? No. Is it collectible? No. Was it a buck sealed?  Yes.
I have a fairly hefty collection and enjoy the the shit out of it. I'll never play half the games I own, but it's fun for me to collect them. I think I enjoy the hunt and thrill of finding a treasure as much as playing the games.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 07:45:07 pm »
I'll usually pick up what ever I happen to find for really dirt cheap or I'll shop around until I get a good deal on the games on my wish list. I very rarely buy games new, unless I really want them or the price difference between new and used is so marginal I might as well just get it new. For the most part my collection is games that I would enjoy playing or that has a nostalgia factor from when was little. I do try to maintain a good selection of games for each system, but as my main interest is rpgs they make up the bulk of my collection. My resent focus has been on the handheld systems so I don't monopolize the TV.  ;)

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 08:11:17 pm »
I'll usually pick up what ever I happen to find for really dirt cheap or I'll shop around until I get a good deal on the games on my wish list. I very rarely buy games new, unless I really want them or the price difference between new and used is so marginal I might as well just get it new. For the most part my collection is games that I would enjoy playing or that has a nostalgia factor from when was little. I do try to maintain a good selection of games for each system, but as my main interest is rpgs they make up the bulk of my collection. My resent focus has been on the handheld systems so I don't monopolize the TV.  ;)

Yay!  Another RPG lover!  :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 08:13:35 am »

Yay!  Another RPG lover!  :D

Yay!

*TWO* New RPG-Lovers!!

Welcome to the site, moonstarraven!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 08:27:43 am »
*hugs all other RPG lovers*

Hello~!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 08:37:32 am »

Hello~!

*HUGS* Kimimi...just because :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

anton

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 09:09:50 am »
I used to collect sealed game, but.. Oh boy it cost a lot of money.
So i decided to go back to normal game collection.

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 10:20:31 am »

Hello~!

*HUGS* Kimimi...just because :)

Aww... *hugs again*

jcalder8

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 12:24:39 am »
I like RPGs too  ;D *HUGS SELF*