Author Topic: Feature Request: Sort By Price  (Read 754 times)

Feature Request: Sort By Price
« on: June 12, 2011, 07:00:47 pm »
Hey, new user here, something I really hope to see put into effect is a sort by price option[Highest to lowest, etc]. While I'm completely aware that prices seen at Amazon (or at the time of this writing that is the current integration) may not be an accurate representation or beat individual research/VGPC it would still be really nice as a new collector to get a glimpse of some possible hidden gems in ones collection. The Amazon price is available via detailed view on individual games so being able to do a quick sort by highest price/lowest price to get a ballpark figure in a zoomed out view of the whole collection a'la VGPC would be greatly appreciated to new collectors.

Cheers,
Kensai

matt

Re: Feature Request: Sort By Price
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 10:29:59 am »
Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the site. Right now Amazon is the only service that we have integrated. We are displaying the current new and used prices as well as recording these prices and any changes so that eventually we can have a historical view of this data. I will eventually be adding eBay prices to the mix as well. The problem is that sometimes the data is screwed so it's tough to get an accurate value based on these prices. Hopefully adding eBay to the mix will help level things out and allow us to calculate something a bit more accurate.

I do plan on doing something with this data, what and when I'm not sure.