Author Topic: Recent Additions to Database  (Read 72987 times)

foxhack

Re: Recent Additions to Database
« Reply #285 on: November 22, 2014, 11:34:02 pm »
Not an addition, but I went through the database and changed every instance of "(Collector's/Special/Whatever Edition)" and the like to "- Collector's/Special/Whatever Edition" (by searching for "Edition)", fun tip), as per the style guide.

There was about like... 400 or so? 500? If I'm missing any, shoot me up a PM, because I'm not seeing much, and sifting through 3000 raw entries of "edition" ain't happening.

I'm off to tackle all the Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits/Player's Choice/etc stuff. Pray for me.

I also did that a few months back (during long, boring courses), it's crazy how many more were added since  :o

Good luck with the Greatest hits & co. At least you're not going to flood other admins with verifications like I did back then haha  :-X oops.

*takes a vacation*

« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2014, 02:06:59 am »
*takes a vacation*

That's what you said when I first got admin! ;) How many vacations does a man need? ;D

karyann

« Reply #287 on: November 23, 2014, 10:04:28 am »
Not an addition, but I went through the database and changed every instance of "(Collector's/Special/Whatever Edition)" and the like to "- Collector's/Special/Whatever Edition" (by searching for "Edition)", fun tip), as per the style guide.

There was about like... 400 or so? 500? If I'm missing any, shoot me up a PM, because I'm not seeing much, and sifting through 3000 raw entries of "edition" ain't happening.

I'm off to tackle all the Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits/Player's Choice/etc stuff. Pray for me.

I also did that a few months back (during long, boring courses), it's crazy how many more were added since  :o

Good luck with the Greatest hits & co. At least you're not going to flood other admins with verifications like I did back then haha  :-X oops.

*takes a vacation*

I'm sorry, I was so young and innocent at the time  :'(

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #288 on: November 23, 2014, 11:14:33 am »

*takes a vacation*

I'm sorry, I was so young and innocent at the time  :'(

as opposed to...what have you now become?

...old and guilty? :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #289 on: November 23, 2014, 04:44:54 pm »

Old and... evil  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #290 on: November 23, 2014, 05:05:22 pm »

Old and... evil  8)

:o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2014, 06:51:05 am »
Just entered A bunch of European Mastersystem coverarts, also some playstation 2 cover arts
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #292 on: November 26, 2014, 11:26:32 pm »
Added the latest Retro Gamer issue (Retro Gamer #134) after picking it up at Barnes & Noble tonight. Love that Saturn cover!

http://vgcollect.com/item/72443

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2014, 01:28:04 am »
Added the latest Retro Gamer issue (Retro Gamer #134) after picking it up at Barnes & Noble tonight. Love that Saturn cover!

http://vgcollect.com/item/72443

That's a nice cover, with the best controller ever ^^
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2014, 10:42:15 pm »
I just added the latest issue of Retro Gamer (U.K.) after picking it up at Barnes & Noble tonight:

http://vgcollect.com/item/73250

I'm personally not the biggest Pokémon fan (I was more excited for the TG-16 article), but I know those of you that are will appreciate the back cover:

« Reply #295 on: December 17, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »
I went through and updated (almost) all the Amiibo entries. Cropped white out of images. One thing I noticed when looking for new images was that there's a difference between NA and UK/AU packaging. NA has 6+ in the top right corner and UK/AU has the name of character there instead. I didn't update Meta Knight because I couldn't find a large enough image that was the NA version. With this all said does this mean we should have a new set of listings for PAL and everywhere else? OOMMGG!!!!

foxhack

« Reply #296 on: December 19, 2014, 07:35:21 pm »
I went through and updated (almost) all the Amiibo entries. Cropped white out of images. One thing I noticed when looking for new images was that there's a difference between NA and UK/AU packaging. NA has 6+ in the top right corner and UK/AU has the name of character there instead. I didn't update Meta Knight because I couldn't find a large enough image that was the NA version. With this all said does this mean we should have a new set of listings for PAL and everywhere else? OOMMGG!!!!

What's wrong with a separate entry with (Europe) at the end? :P

tripredacus

« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2014, 04:42:47 pm »
I've started adding all the missing PC Engine [JP] games. This is just the HuCard versions. I've got about 50 more to add, but I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2014, 11:59:07 pm »
The new Retro Videogame Magazine (U.S.) is out and in the database now, issue #5.

This month's focus: Metroidvania

http://vgcollect.com/item/74330

tripredacus

« Reply #299 on: December 31, 2014, 01:56:03 pm »
I've added all but 28 of the PC Engine [JP] games... official ones that is. Will do the rest maybe tomorrow.