Author Topic: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 31261 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: January 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2013, 12:00:59 am »
I want a mystery benefactor.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2013, 09:57:50 am »

I'll settle for *any* benefactor...mystery or not :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ko1ru

« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:30 am »
Had a wild thing happen to me today. I went into my local game store too look around. The owner got to telling me someone brought in a whole box of SNES games, some rare. So he pulls them out and I start looking through them and notice they were from the store I rented games from as a kid. Well, now I'm the owner of the Shadowrun cart I rented when I was about 12 or 13.

That's so cool!

I'll settle for *any* benefactor...mystery or not :P

No shit!  :P

scott

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2013, 10:48:34 am »
Hit #1000 with Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack from Desocietas via the the Pay it Forward thread.
Congrats! Not what I would have picked though lol :D

Ha ya I was holding off for Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, but decided its not that big of a deal. Since it's not technically GAME #1000.

edit: minus all accessories / hardware / swag / etc I'm sitting at 842 games...

we really need a way to show totals of each section. :)
Yeah, I removed all my consoles/Steam games/swag and stuff long ago so I can get a real number. It's hard to (read: I don't) count Steam games or downloadable games as something in your game collection, because you don't have a physical copy of it. Neither do you even own it, according to the Steam EULA (you only own the rights to playing it). But yeah, 842's good too :) You got me beat by 2 games exactly ;D

Well, I count my downloads in my number. So you have me beat on physical games still. By quite a bit, I'm sure.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2013, 11:24:40 am »
Well, I count my downloads in my number. So you have me beat on physical games still. By quite a bit, I'm sure.
I do too, I figure I bought them and I can play them so I count them. But I do understand why some people don't.

scott

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2013, 11:37:45 am »
Ah I thought you meant that you didn't. I do, because like you said, I paid for them.

edit. wow I got all confused on who was all quoted there.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:30:33 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2013, 11:59:23 am »
Ooh let me know what the Yggdra OST's like!

Well, since I had about 1/2 hour's worth of driving around/errands to take care of pretty early this morning - I decided to bring the Yggdra Union OST w/ me to pop into my car's CD-player...and give it a listen :)

I'd say that I probably heard about 1/2 (of the 56) tracks -and- I liked what I'd heard pretty well.

That said, a lot of the tracks sound quite similar.  That's not necessarily a "bad" thing, mind you, since it probably very well fits the tone, mood, and pace of the game itself.

If (like myself), you're a fan of sweeping orchestral pieces, ever-building crescendos, a lot of strings horns, and wood-winds, and -oddly enough- considering how much I used to *Dislike* it...I now, in later years & retrospect; find it a bit ironically amusing how much I really do enjoy organ-heavy, "chorals"/Choir-like, instrumentations/Hymnals that I so dreaded hearing, week-after-week...at the Sunday Catholic Masses that I was ever so unceremoniously & unwillingly dragged to as a child.

Back on the topic of recent additions -while not a game- its still definitely an addition to my NIS(A) Collection...

I received in today's mail, *3* Sealed copies of the:

Limited Edition of the "Ghastly Prince Enma" Anime...not much of an anime fan - I'm not entirely sure what I'll end up *doing* w/ them; TBQH  :o

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2013, 02:55:21 pm »
Thank you for letting me know! Sounds like the perfect album, I'll have to track it down :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2013, 03:54:15 pm »
Thank you for letting me know! Sounds like the perfect album, I'll have to track it down :D

Shouldn't be too hard to find (at least here in the states), as it came-out as part of the 1st-run/LE PSP re-make/port of the game :)

foxhack

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2013, 04:41:39 pm »
I got Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me for Steam for $1.50 last night. Beats the hell out of the $5 they wanted for it during the Steam sale. :P

And today, I only picked up one bit of video game swag:

This is a three track single containing Richie Havens' songs from the Tex Murphy: Overseer soundtrack. I searched for it on the internet and not one site had any info on it... so it might be extremely rare. And it cost me a buck.

jobocan

« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2013, 05:56:05 pm »
Got V-Tetris on virtual boy, which is actually a different game than the 3D Tetris that came out in America... So that's one step closer to my "almost complete" Virtual Boy collection (I'm not going for any of the insanely rare ones like Gundam and Space Invaders... nor do I care about getting boxed games).
And also got the final Nintendo Power issue.

jcalder8

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2013, 10:19:18 pm »
And today, I only picked up one bit of video game swag:

This is a three track single containing Richie Havens' songs from the Tex Murphy: Overseer soundtrack. I searched for it on the internet and not one site had any info on it... so it might be extremely rare. And it cost me a buck.
Wow that is a real stretch for something gaming related lol

foxhack

« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2013, 06:11:13 pm »
Wow that is a real stretch for something gaming related lol
It's a game soundtrack, it counts. :P

I also got Starsky & Hutch and Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico, both for PC today.

ko1ru

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2013, 10:37:08 am »
Got Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls and Final Fantasy VI Advance for GBA from stagecoachkid.  Getting closer to a complete (main title) Final Fantasy collection!   ;D

darko

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2013, 10:44:25 am »
I picked up several NES games last night. Uninvited, GI Joe, Crash n the Boys, Kickle Cubicle and Ikari Warriors III.