Author Topic: looking for weird/terrible games  (Read 5749 times)

looking for weird/terrible games
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:33:53 pm »
Well for some reason i love playing and collecting the crappiest games. Soo i want to know what some really crappy ones that are on the nes,snes,n64,atari 2600. I've got superman 64 and its brought out some laughs And e.t. even funnier. Im looking to buy bebes kids and home improvment. I also love collecting the most out there, weird imaginative games... soo what are some? And also what are all the horror/killer games on nes/snes/n64 /atari. Like nightmare on elm,friday the 13th,Frankenstein,texas chainsaw,halloween. I love thoes types also.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

foxhack

Re: looking for weird/terrible games
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:06:07 pm »
As the resident bad games expert I can recommend Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime. Though it might make you break your console out of frustration.

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:57:34 pm »
PIMP MY RIDE! Seriously this game is an awesome train wreck. You get out of your car to dance for parts!

byron

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:33:51 pm »
*NSYNC: Get to the Show is about as bad as it gets.
Taboo: The Sixth Sense doesn't even have all the states for some reason.
Fighting Masters feels like it came from a cereal box.

home improvment.

Why does everyone hate this game so much? There is nothing wrong with it.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:18 pm »
home improvment.

I have never played it but it is a weird concept for a game. You play a game based on a tv show that is about a home improvement tv show.

byron

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 07:12:46 pm »
Gee, I never thought about it that way, but whatever snarky YouTube reviewer you stole that line from is right. That game really is weird! Far too weird to be good. I'll just throw my copy in the Dispose-All and go play a non-weird game about an overweight plumber in colorful overalls who gains superpowers by wearing animal costumes on a mission to save the humanoid princess of a race of mushroom creatures from a giant turtle.

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 07:20:48 pm »
Gee, I never thought about it that way, but whatever snarky YouTube reviewer you stole that line from is right. That game really is weird! Far too weird to be good. I'll just throw my copy in the Dispose-All and go play a non-weird game about an overweight plumber in colorful overalls who gains superpowers by wearing animal costumes on a mission to save the humanoid princess of a race of mushroom creatures from a giant turtle.
If you read jcalder8's comment as snarky... it isn't. It really IS a weird concept for a game.

If it hadn't had the Home Improvement franchise attached to it it might've gone somewhere. But it's a game based on a show that was past its prime when it came out. The idea is fun, having Tim Taylor attached to it... not so much.

Ugh, rargh, ugh.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:22:28 pm by foxhack »

byron

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 08:22:22 pm »
having Tim Taylor attached to it... not so much.

Really? That's the deal breaker? What a trivial reason to dislike a game!

Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't care if a game's protagonist is a giant colostomy bag with a magical clown baby head as long as the gameplay is good.

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 08:47:33 pm »
having Tim Taylor attached to it... not so much.

Really? That's the deal breaker? What a trivial reason to dislike a game!

Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't care if a game's protagonist is a giant colostomy bag with a magical clown baby head as long as the gameplay is good.
... you seem to be trying to pick a fight when there's no reason for it. Chill out. Relax.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:49:41 pm by foxhack »

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 09:05:56 pm »
I have not played it, but you might check out spice girls. I remember seeing people play it where there was confusion on if they had selected a game as they thought or just went to a strange menu.

I personally think that Taz-mania for game gear/master system is really bad. But it might just be me.

Robocop 3 is pretty bad.

Oh, by the way, TWJGames, are you going for a full LJN collection?
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 09:11:50 pm »
I have not played it, but you might check out spice girls. I remember seeing people play it where there was confusion on if they had selected a game as they thought or just went to a strange menu.
Good one! I own that thing. I can't even call it a game. You have to choose your dance moves -before- you get to the actual game, but I could never muster the patience to do it!

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 11:01:39 pm »
*NSYNC: Get to the Show is about as bad as it gets.
Taboo: The Sixth Sense doesn't even have all the states for some reason.
Fighting Masters feels like it came from a cereal box.

home improvment.

Theres nothing wrong with it i've just heard it was bad so its on my list to get plus i think its a awesome concept and even if it wasnt considered a bad game id still want it.
PS4-zxzpigxzx

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »

I personally think that Taz-mania for game gear/master system is really bad. But it might just be me.

Robocop 3 is pretty bad.

Actually no. But now that you mention it i have a good bit of their games. Like beetlejuice and bill and ted... but im getting alotta replys on games that were not made on the nes,snes,n64 or atari... im looking for stuff thats terrible on thoes systems or horror games... like i really want Nosferatu but kinda hard to find without using ebay
PS4-zxzpigxzx

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 12:03:16 am »
I didn't steal that line from anyone, I made it up myself thank you :D

At the same time I wasn't saying that it's a bad thing to be weird. Like you pointed out Mario is even more weird when you think about it. Look at most FPS where it falls on to one guy to save everyone! I mean what is the rest of the world doing watching it on TV? Why isn't there a game where you play as the "other guy" The hero's best friend who has to get saved all the time by the hero?

Plants VS Zombies? What have plants got against zombies?

Angry Birds?

The list can go on and on but a platformer based on a TV show where no action happens apart from the protagonist hurting himself, that's a weird concept for a game too.

sin2beta

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 12:36:45 am »

Robocop 3 is pretty bad.

Actually no. But now that you mention it i have a good bit of their games. Like beetlejuice and bill and ted... but im getting alotta replys on games that were not made on the nes,snes,n64 or atari... im looking for stuff thats terrible on thoes systems or horror games... like i really want Nosferatu but kinda hard to find without using ebay

You know, I read the nes/snes/n64 thing but promptly forgot it. Sorry.

NES
Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde
CheetahMen 2
Where's Waldo
Barbie
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (I'm sure a lot will disagree, but I think it is just awful)
Again look for LJN made games.

SNES
Super 3D Noah's Ark
Home Alone

My take on Home Improvement is that it really belongs on your list. I really think it is a subpar to mediocre platformer. However, it is certainly weird. Part of the premise is that you lose your tools and have to fight dinosaurs to get them back. There might be debate on the terrible but it is certainly weird. It feels like they were making a different game but the company got the home improvement license and slapped it on. However, from the little I played it isn't really terrible. But it's not great and just weird.

Also, if you ever look at a new system pick up a Sega CD. You might be interested in Make My video with Mary Mark. Or even the cult classics of Double Switch and Night Trap. Looking for Weird/Terrible/Horror I bet Night Trap would be your perfect game.

Something that might be interesting to pull up an emulator or get on iOS is Penn and Teller's Desert Bus. You just drive a bus that slowly pulls to the side. Nothing happens. There are sometimes marathons of that game for charity purposes.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c