Author Topic: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?  (Read 282363 times)

telly

Re: What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched?
« Reply #2130 on: April 21, 2022, 10:44:38 am »
I saw Everything, Everywhere All At Once and enjoyed it a lot. The music consultants and score were partially recorded here in Indy which was cool. Loved the action, music, and humor. Michelle Yeoh did a phenomenal job as the lead acrtress. A really entertaining film. Not perfect though. Thought the relationship between the daughter and mother was really underdeveloped, and I didn't like how confusing some of the dimensional travel aspects of the movie were presented.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2131 on: April 21, 2022, 04:30:55 pm »
Minority Report - Not as good as a I remember, but still mostly a good time.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - RDJ and Val Kilmer's best.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:46:43 pm by Cartagia »

gngtiger

« Reply #2132 on: April 23, 2022, 04:28:10 pm »
The Country Bears (2002)

I watched it because a podcast I like was covering. The bear costumes, although slightly uncanny, were incredibly cool. Christopher Walken is good in this as well. Overall, it's nothing amazing, but it's pretty good.

« Reply #2133 on: April 23, 2022, 05:08:52 pm »
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - At its best when it's a low key hangout comedy, and absolutely would not work without Pascal's perfectly committed performance.

While I understand the need / desire for the action filled finale based on Cage's oeuvre, I kind of wish they had stuck to just the bromance.

pzeke

« Reply #2134 on: April 23, 2022, 05:19:25 pm »
The Warriors - I can dig it.

From Russia with Love - Way better than Dr. No, this has always been one of my favorite classic Bond films.

The games based on them are equally as good.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #2135 on: April 24, 2022, 05:44:29 pm »
Everything, Everywhere All at Once - My expectations were sky high and it blew them away.

Michelle has never been better and Ke was a revelation and felt like seeing an old friend again.

Nobody - Far and away the best of the John Wick progeny.

Goldfinger - Iconic, but From Russia With Love is better.

Triple Frontier - This cast deserved better.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 09:56:53 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #2136 on: April 26, 2022, 07:06:50 am »
Pacific Rim: The Black - Finished up the last season and it's really great.  As someone that absolutely adored the first movie, and can still find things to like with the second movie, but found it to be a pretty poor sequel, The Black anime manages to sit much more comfortably with the first movie.  The action is all designed with the first movie in mind, slower, heavier, really selling the weight and size of the Jaegers, and it even utilizes aspects that Uprising had with people infected by the Kaiju, and Jaegers being infected also, but does it with a solid story that doesn't pull punches.  They almost even leave it open for a third season I feel, but I think this was the end of it.  Definitely a good watch.

« Reply #2137 on: April 27, 2022, 04:50:29 am »
Batman: The Long Halloween - Was told that the new Batman movie with Pattinson had a lot of influence from this story and that ended up being very true.  It's basically Batman dealing with a killer who is wiping out family members and goons of the Falcone crime family once every holiday, with Batman struggling to stop it and figure out who is doing it.  What it shares with the new film "The Batman" is the Selina Kyle stuff, Batman struggling to be a Detective, and even some of the backstory with the Wayne's and Falcone family.  The movie was pretty good, DC usually does good animated films more often than not (It's probably where DC shines the most compared to Marvel, who doesn't really do much animated stuff anymore) and I'd definitely recommend it if you are a Batman fan.

« Reply #2138 on: April 28, 2022, 09:07:51 pm »
The Foreigner - Decent political thriller that had an equally decent Jackie Chan revenge film grafted on, seemingly as an afterthought. Definitely had way worse impulse watches.

Amadeus - One of the greatest films ever made.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 08:02:24 pm by Cartagia »

telly

« Reply #2139 on: May 04, 2022, 11:49:05 am »
Midsommar - Phenomenal horror movie, really enjoyed it. Not super scary, but an incredibly disturbing movie with fantastic acting, music, visuals, and tons of little details that warrant a reviewing - if you can stomach it  :o
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #2140 on: May 06, 2022, 03:52:43 am »
Rumble - Meant to watch it awhile ago, never did, but it's okay.  I think all the stuff with the giant monsters is actually a lot of fun, it's sorta everything around it that is abit weak, the writing feels off, they don't really go into why Rayburn left, why he has issues with his dad (The one flashback they do doesn't justify it), it's like they are missing sections of the story.  It doesn't ruin it, it just makes it feel like they are kinda hitting on all the generic sports movie notes, and not much else.  I imagine for kids they won't care, but it's otherwise just fine.

« Reply #2141 on: May 06, 2022, 08:37:19 am »
Lethal Weapon 4 - It's a good thing Jet Li rules in this, otherwise it'd be nearly a total failure.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - This was fine, but would be on the lower end of my MCU ranking.  When Raimi is allowed to let loose it shines, at least.

Beanie Mania - Ultimately not a very interesting story.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:16:47 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #2142 on: May 20, 2022, 10:26:12 pm »
Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers - I was fully expecting to hate this, for the obvious reasons.  A live action/animation hybrid meta comedy? This may be the worst possible idea they could've done.  That being said, I thought it was actually fairly fun.  It's not the movie I want from anything to do with Chip N' Dale: Rescue Rangers, I'd love to see the show come back like DuckTales did, but there was some good fun to this.  Some good jokes, all sorts of references to just about everything, but doesn't get too obnoxious like it easily could.  I mean they made Ugly Sonic a character in this, which is genuinely ridiculous lol

« Reply #2143 on: May 21, 2022, 07:51:32 am »
Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers is so incredibly good. Everything about it. I also love that someone on Wikipedia added The Happytime Murders (which I also love) to the Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers Wikipedia article.

I think the craziest thing is just how much is in this movie that Disney doesn't (yet) own. Randy Marsh???

A sequel in this world with a focus on Max Goof would be cool. He was shown at the end as a character in the platform fighter Disney Afternoon Fight Fest which is just great timing with MultiVersus alpha test happening right now.

« Reply #2144 on: May 21, 2022, 05:35:00 pm »
Men - Disappointed. Great performances that get lost in a totally up its own ass third act.

Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers - Fun! More amusing than funny.  Actually makes good use of most the IPs.

jackass 4.5 - Maybe the best of the .5 supplementals, but it is still mostly a bunch of outtakes and bits probably best left on the cutting room floor.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 08:14:26 am by Cartagia »