Author Topic: Reprinted  (Read 7876 times)

desocietas

Reprinted
« on: January 28, 2013, 01:23:16 pm »
Hey all, Atlus just tweeted that they've reprinted all three of the Etrian Odysseys in case you want/need them...
Also, don't forget to preorder EOIV if you want dat music CD...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:30:00 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

Re: Reprinted
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:25:18 pm »
Nice! Hopefully anyone else that wants them can get them for a reasonable price. I'm STILL waiting for my copy of EO 1 to arrive... hopefully tonight. Jerk didn't post tracking on it.  :-\
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:09:25 pm »
I've never played a single entry in the series.

scott

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 02:14:24 pm »
Do you like games like Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Hack or any other 1st person dungeon crawl? It's kinda similar. Only rather than mapping the dungeon on graph paper, you map the dungeon on the lower screen.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »
Yeah, that was the big selling point about it when the first one came out (utilizing the DS's touch screen) - there was a place for you to draw your own map.  It doesn't draw it out for you as you go like Persona 2 or other dungeon crawlers with a map feature - you have icons and a grid on the bottom screen for you to draw every wall and make notes on, etc.

I'm kinda glad that Atlus is reprinting this and started to wonder if they'll reprint Radiant Historia again (it's sold out on Amazon again), but then again, the bulk of my collection's worth is based on them *not* reprinting their titles ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:48:57 pm »
I am really tempted to by them since I missed out on Radiant Historia and I still regret it :(

theprestige2000

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 11:48:36 pm »
I have almost no interest in actually playing these games but ever since I first read about them on Penny Arcade I've wanted to buy them  :o.

jcalder8

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 12:40:08 am »
I have almost no interest in actually playing these games but ever since I first read about them on Penny Arcade I've wanted to buy them  :o.
Buy them for me :) You get the joy of buying them and I can play them ;D

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 01:06:49 am »
Buy them for me :) You get the joy of buying them and I can play them ;D

Haha; I wouldn't say that Etrian Odyssey or Radiant Historia are for *everyone,* but they're both very well made games and should be played/bought if you ever run across any of them for a decent price.

And it's Atlus.  I've really come to love that company for putting out quirky titles and having a good sense of humor with their fans.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 09:35:15 am »
I don't know if you're interested in retail data but if you are I receive Atlus data. It's a little interesting to see what retailers pay for each copy, and to see how many copies Atlus has available to sell. Etrian Odyssey costs retailers $23 each and Atlus has around 1500 copies of each to distribute. I can tell on multi-platform games they print a lot more Xbox 360 games than PlayStation 3. I'd imagine other publishers do too so PS3 games are likely a little more rare.

ko1ru

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 09:57:41 am »
Do you like games like Eye of the Beholder, Dungeon Hack or any other 1st person dungeon crawl? It's kinda similar. Only rather than mapping the dungeon on graph paper, you map the dungeon on the lower screen.

I always wondered about Etrian Odyssey...  I've never played any of them and have only heard the series' name from time to time, so I knew nothing about these games.  Now that you describe it, I'll have to seek some of these out!  Eye of the Beholder is my favourite game ever.  I have very fond memories of mapping out dungeons with my dad on graph paper (old school baby!) when I was a wee one.  :)

scott

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 10:04:09 am »
Ya, I loved Eye of the Beholder too. Though I was lazy and never mapped anything, so I was always lost and just roamed all over the place. ha.

It was about the closest I could think of as an example too. I've not played a lot of Etrian Odyssey III, because I decided I wanted to start from 1. But I have explored a lot of the 1st level of the dungeon. It seems like it revels in the old school. Classic need of dungeon mapping, a decent amount of difficulty. But, at least in EOIII, I was able to have 1 character tank and the rest of the part was usually pretty safe.

psydswipe

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 05:40:25 am »
I got another email from Atlus marketing (not sure if they tweet this stuff, probably do), this one actually mentions a rare PS2 game they are about to release again that some of you might be interested in: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner -- Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army. According to this email used copies go for $80 though I have no idea if that's accurate. Anyways, I imagine the value will drop which could be bad if you own it but good if you still need it. It will ship February 18th.

scott

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:53 am »
Really? I may need to look into that.  :-\

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 10:27:06 am »
I got another email from Atlus marketing (not sure if they tweet this stuff, probably do), this one actually mentions a rare PS2 game they are about to release again that some of you might be interested in: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner -- Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army. According to this email used copies go for $80 though I have no idea if that's accurate. Anyways, I imagine the value will drop which could be bad if you own it but good if you still need it. It will ship February 18th.

Whoa, I've been looking for that one for ages.  That'd be amazing if it were reprinted because, as you say, I've definitely seen it go for about $80 on eBay and it never really drops below that too much.

EDIT: Thinking about it some more, considering that SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers is coming out in April, it would make sense for them to reprint the first Devil Summoner.  Kinda like how they're doing with the Etrian Odyssey series.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:54:53 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas