Author Topic: Xbox 360 SHMUPs?  (Read 12892 times)

scott

Re: Xbox 360 SHMUPs?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 02:44:29 pm »
Oh man. I watched some more video on Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets... So glad they are reprinting it and I have it preordered.

Now I just need to figure out a way to get my LCD set up for tate.  8)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 02:10:01 pm »
Oh man. I watched some more video on Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets... So glad they are reprinting it and I have it preordered.

Now I just need to figure out a way to get my LCD set up for tate.  8)

Seriously can't freaking wait to play it. I've also got Okami and Vampire Resurrection coming from Play-Asia, so I'm kinda chomping at the bit :)

scott

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 09:07:38 pm »
I know right? From the looks of it, the 1st stage of Muchi Muchi Pork is deceptively easy. Then the boss whips your ass.

In other news. I found a TV wall mount that will rotate! I'm looking into setting up an entertainment system to accommodate it.

insektmute

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 05:35:17 pm »
I know right? From the looks of it, the 1st stage of Muchi Muchi Pork is deceptively easy. Then the boss whips your ass.

In other news. I found a TV wall mount that will rotate! I'm looking into setting up an entertainment system to accommodate it.

Nice! No wall mount for me, sadly. Crappy apartment walls are crappy :/

scott

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 06:09:38 pm »
Ya. I'd never be able to use it where I am at the moment.  :'(

But I'm in the process of buying my 1st house ever and plan on a few things for a dedicated gaming room.

insektmute

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 07:44:11 pm »
Ya. I'd never be able to use it where I am at the moment.  :'(

But I'm in the process of buying my 1st house ever and plan on a few things for a dedicated gaming room.

Buying a house is definitely a cause for celebration. Can't wait to see the game room once you've got everything settled :)

I made the mistake of moving into a much smaller apartment last year (750 sq ft), but I'm used to something more along the lines of 900-1200, so it required a bit of creativity to get my stuff to fit. I still wound up having to ask my Mom if I could store some things over there. D'oh!

scott

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:36 pm »
Yes sir, I'll be updating the Game Room Pics w/ the new set up when it's ready. I actually am leaning toward turning one of the bedrooms into a Retro Gaming room. There all my Standard Def systems and a CRT TV would go. Along with decking it out in full nerdom w/ posters and action figures and my Castlevania collection.

Then in the living room, I'd hook up the 360, PS3 and Wii and mount my LCD TV on the TV mount so it'll swivel. With enough room compinsated for in the event that I am ever able to finally upgrade it to a 42". And I'd set it up for a good sound system eventually. Luckily, I think a few of us on here will be able to point me in the right direction for optimizing sound. :)

insektmute

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 12:10:57 pm »
Yes sir, I'll be updating the Game Room Pics w/ the new set up when it's ready. I actually am leaning toward turning one of the bedrooms into a Retro Gaming room. There all my Standard Def systems and a CRT TV would go. Along with decking it out in full nerdom w/ posters and action figures and my Castlevania collection.

Then in the living room, I'd hook up the 360, PS3 and Wii and mount my LCD TV on the TV mount so it'll swivel. With enough room compinsated for in the event that I am ever able to finally upgrade it to a 42". And I'd set it up for a good sound system eventually. Luckily, I think a few of us on here will be able to point me in the right direction for optimizing sound. :)

Ahh, basically my dream! I keep fantasizing about having an "old-school" room - CRT TV, hi-fi speakers from the 80's or 90's, a bunch of old systems, and a GOG box for classic PC games. One of these days...

Small space aside, I can help quite a bit when it comes to sound... depending on how much you want to spend :)

scott

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 09:53:15 am »
Gah! My CRT TV disappeared! I let my sister use it after I got my LCD and somewhere since she moved and now it vanished... so the only TV I have available is a little 13".

On topic.

Muchi Muchi Pork is sweet, but I think Pink Sweets is better. Its interesting how the shot system works too. Basically when you're not firing you are charging a bomb and when you hit the button it drops it.

insektmute

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 12:36:07 pm »
Gah! My CRT TV disappeared! I let my sister use it after I got my LCD and somewhere since she moved and now it vanished... so the only TV I have available is a little 13".

On topic.

Muchi Muchi Pork is sweet, but I think Pink Sweets is better. Its interesting how the shot system works too. Basically when you're not firing you are charging a bomb and when you hit the button it drops it.

D'oh! If it's any consolation, I had to sell my pretty Sony WEGA CRT awhile back, so I'll be playing it on my LCD. Probably won't look too bad, but man, I'd kill to see it on a CRT TV or arcade monitor.

I had a feeling that might be the case, though I'm probably a little biased in favor of Ibara. That was one of the first Cave shooters I ever read about, but for some reason, I've always been more curious about it than any of their other series. I wasn't really sure I'd ever get to play of them, so it's pretty cool that we at least got Ibara Sorekara.

I've got a couple things coming today, so I'm hoping one of the packages is my copy. Be a great way to start the weekend when I get home :)

scott

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 12:56:24 pm »
Oh, no no I meant for my Retro Gaming room. Ha. I'd never hook up my 360 to a Standard Def TV. :P

I've been a fan of Cave for a long time. I forget what was the 1st Cave SHMUP I played. Though I've been SHMUPin since 1943 on NES and Centipede/Galaga on arcades. :)

insektmute

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 01:04:44 pm »
Ahhhh, gotcha. Lucky bastard with your retro game room *grumblegrumble*

I was a late bloomer with shmups. Didn't really like them much until I played DoDonPachi on MAME, then turned into an addict thanks to Armed Police Batrider, Battle Bakraid, Battle Garegga, and Batsugun. Totally need more!

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »
So I finally got my Muchi Muchi Pork/ Pink Sweets in.....holy crap is Pink Sweets hard! I'm sure it's a matter of learning which bullets you should absorb versus when to shoot, but there was a crap ton of stuff on screen during some of the later stages. Haven't played MMP yet.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

insektmute

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 07:28:32 pm »
Finally got my copy in, but haven't had much time to sit down and play it. I've heard Pink Sweets is up there with Mushihimesama Futari on difficulty, though... ack!

scott

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2013, 09:57:55 pm »
Ya, out of the 2 games though i like playing Pink Sweets more. The whole charge up mechanic is neat and a lot different from a lot of other games I've played, I think.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play either, either. But I've played both and I think Pink Sweets will end up being my go to, out of the two.