Author Topic: 30 years of collecting for how much??????  (Read 2548 times)

jcalder8

30 years of collecting for how much??????
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:57:25 am »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121062811693

7585 total items for $550,000 that's an average of $72.51 an item!

hexen

Re: 30 years of collecting for how much??????
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:22:17 am »
I really can't understand the mindset of wanting to jump ship after investing so much time into something like this. The price per item ends up being pretty high... but I dunno if it is actually too high. Pretty much everything seems to be nice and complete. It's really irrelevant in the long run since anyone buying it would likely just have to be a millionaire already to even have a place to put the stuff, and therefore they wouldn't care if they where paying a little (or a lot) of convenience tax.

All I know is that I would really enjoy helping however wins this find a way to display it all.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

htimreimer

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:50:22 am »
there's of collectors that dont understand that the best way to sell a large collection like this is to do some research on the games and sell them one by one because one big lot like this is hard to swallow

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 02:55:34 am »
The seller has a feedback of 0, and he's selling an item of this kind of value. I hope nobody is dumb enough to actually buy it.

soera

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:19:02 am »
The collection is neat, dont get me wrong ... but its not all that special considering the price he is asking for it. Its definitely a niche collection as around half of it is PAL/JP stuff and that stuff just doesnt appeal to a lot of people that would be looking at it. I took a quick scan of the stuff I know a little about and its not really stacked with rare stuff either.

Basically, if I was going to spend over $1/2 million on a video game collection, this would not be the one.

darko

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 09:13:44 pm »
The seller has a feedback of 0, and he's selling an item of this kind of value. I hope nobody is dumb enough to actually buy it.

I saw this earlier today. Honestly, it kind of reminds me of Finngamer's stuff. Hmm....honestly...some of those pics look like they were taken right out of one of his game room tours...

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 06:56:09 pm »

I saw this earlier today. Honestly, it kind of reminds me of Finngamer's stuff. Hmm....honestly...some of those pics look like they were taken right out of one of his game room tours...

I don't think it's Finngamer because I think it's in Italy. Also, the guy explained that he has been on ebay under a different username since 2000, but opened a new account exclusively to sell this collection. Who knows what the real story is.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:49:31 am »

I don't think it's Finngamer because I think it's in Italy. Also, the guy explained that he has been on ebay under a different username since 2000, but opened a new account exclusively to sell this collection. Who knows what the real story is.

Because that makes sense.  ::)

Why wouldn't he want to use an account with history? Unless that history is bad history.

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00:09 am »

Because that makes sense.  ::)

Why wouldn't he want to use an account with history? Unless that history is bad history.
Yeah, this has to be one of the dumbest excuses ever!

theflea

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 05:31:18 am »
Personally I don't know who would buy a full collection like this, Unless there's some rich guy who thinks screw the hunting I want it all now. lol
The only other people I see that would buy a full collection at the $100,000+ price would be a reseller that knows he can sell these separately and make a good profit.

This seller has moved his auction to GameGavel starting bid $25,000 but with a reserve. Wonder if the reserve is at $550,000 lol

"Happy game hunting!!!"