Author Topic: PlayStation 4 Will Have The Ability to Stream Games & Controller Prototype  (Read 944 times)

htimreimer

the wall street journal is reporting that the playstation 4 will have the ability to stream games  and dont see the use in this because most people dont have a internet connection that can handle this also there is prototype of the ps4 controller and it looks like a  complete cluster f#ck anyway what do you guys think

stream games: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/16/report-playstation-4-will-stream-games
controller prototype http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/a-closer-look-at-the-playstation-4-controller-prototype
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:31:43 am by htimreimer »

jcalder8

Re: PlayStation 4 Will Have The Ability to Stream Games & Controller Prototype
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 12:59:05 pm »
Meh, until it's about to be released these reports don't mean anything.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 01:42:35 pm »
Meh, until it's about to be released these reports don't mean anything.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 01:52:32 pm »
The only PS4 rumor I care about is the "VR" headset called the "Omniviewer". Not exactly VR, but it's used in conjunction with the TV screen giving you either 3D (without needing a 3D TV) or extra displays, as well as head-tracking and such.

If they announce that, I'm buying a PS4 at launch no matter what.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:37:42 am »
The leaked controller reaks of "let's have a controller that does everything" which means, probably, it won't do anything particularly well.
This space for rent.  Affordable rates.  Inquire within.

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:04:07 pm »
Anyone remember the prototype PS3 controller?  It looked awfully close to the Pippins controller, minus the scroll wheeltrack ball.  They have time it could change and probably will.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:16:55 pm by ffxik »

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:56:39 pm »
If past experiences have shown us anything, it's that rumors about Sony's controllers are almost universally wrong, no matter how many times the various news sites claim to have a reliable inside source. If anything, I'm inclined to believe a lot of the reports that float around prior to a console's announcement are tossed out there by the companies themselves, in order to roughly gauge consumer interest, and I suspect that's especially true in a case like this.