Author Topic: New Platforms Added  (Read 6428 times)

matt

New Platforms Added
« on: August 11, 2011, 10:39:34 am »
Just added:

Xbox 360 [EU]
Xbox 360 [JP]
WonderSwan [JP]
WonderSwan Color [JP]
Dedicated Arcade
Pinball

If you guys needs any other platforms added please let me know!

Thanks and <3.

Re: New Platforms Added
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 03:45:29 pm »
We still need a bunch of platforms. These are just the ones I collect that aren't on here:

Fairchild Channel F
RCA Studio II
Bally Astrocade
Microvision
Commodore VIC-20 (Cartridges)
Commodore VIC-20 (Cassette tapes)
Emerson Arcadia 2001
Vectrex
Commodore 64 (Floppy disks)
Commodore 64 (Cassette tapes)
Supervision

matt

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 04:32:05 pm »
We still need a bunch of platforms. These are just the ones I collect that aren't on here:

Fairchild Channel F
RCA Studio II
Bally Astrocade
Microvision
Emerson Arcadia 2001
Vectrex
Supervision

Exactly the type of list I was looking for. During the BETA period here I've just been adding them as users request them. I'll get these added for you later tonight. Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:41:27 pm »
Yeah it's mostly the pre-NES systems that most people either forget about or don't even bother collecting, but I find them interesting. Collecting for these is both fun and challenging because you are pretty much forced to buy system lots on ebay in order to find games you are missing. Getting games with their original boxes and manuals is even more challenging.

darko

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 05:41:08 pm »
I'm not sure on this, but I think there needs to be another addition under Arcade. I have a Super Mario Bros. arcade from Nintendo but it's not a Playchoice model. I don't know exactly what it would be called though. Anyone have an idea?

darko

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 07:34:35 pm »
Never mind....Dedicated Arcade. Got it.

scott

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 08:42:38 pm »
Never mind....Dedicated Arcade. Got it.

;)

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 03:59:30 pm »

Fairchild Channel F
RCA Studio II
Bally Astrocade
Microvision
Emerson Arcadia 2001
Vectrex
Supervision

@thegamecollector Do any of these need regions other than US?

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 06:00:25 pm »
I would say just start with US region and add the other regions as fans who collect from those regions say they need to. Kind of like you did with other platforms. I also think you should shorten the platform scrolling column because it is so long that when you reach the bottom, Xbox (original) isn't visible

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 02:37:09 pm »
Er, just so you know, the C64 was a lot more popular in Europe than in America...

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 01:08:08 am »
Then if it's well known, just add all regions for all things. Just like the Atari 8-bit, it's better to split the groups into parts for cartridge, floppy and tape. I was pretty sure Commodore used the same packaging for European items anyway. You can buy games from Venezuela and they are still the same packaging as USA.

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 07:52:36 am »
I'll probably just confuse the matter, but perhaps we need to alter the region designation. I've been brought up on PAL systems and NTSC imports, and those are the two classic differentiators (Rather than EU and NA).

For contemporary systems (I'm so old, I'd include the SNES onwards) Perhaps changing the main regions to:
EU -> PAL
JP -> NTSC-J
NA -> NTSC-US or NTSC-U/C

Then, designating a subregion (i.e. a country or continent) within the game details itself. I've discovered some differences between identical regions from different countries.

[PAL]
-Europe-
* Specific Ratings (Superseded by PEGI, but different EU countries had their own before, so this could be useful for older titles)
*Country exclusive releases (e.g. PAL Rule of Rose only from France, God of War 3 digipak edition from Amazon.de)

-Australia-
*Specific Ratings (FUGLY ones, too)

-Middle East-
Big retail chains in Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain seem to mainly deal with PAL distribution of PEGI or USK rated games, however there are:
*Some custom Arabic covers, despite european rating
*Store exclusives availability, e.g. recent MW3 steelbook collection promotion at Dubai Virgin Megastore (with Dogtags to win a Hummer!). Some PAL store/country/publisher exclusives are on general release here as well. Well chuffed to find a mint, sealed ICO digipak case edition here in Saudi.

[NTSC-J]

-South Korea-
Different from JAPAN !
*Custom covers and perhaps localisation (language) for both PS3 and XBox360 games. Got a copy of Crackdown with Japan's "Riot Act" artwork, but rest of the world's "Crackdown" title, from a store in SAUDI ARABIA no less. Apparently this was the Korean version, but clearly showed NTSC-J.
*Some Xbox360 NTSC-J's /NOT/ from Japan are not region locked.

This is going to crowd the list, but maybe instead of having a drop down list, could region selection not work like publishers (i.e. start typing, and a verified selection can be made). Now I know, most uses here are probably in North America and could not care less, but for collectors from elsewhere, being able to differentiate would be useful.

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 05:52:11 pm »
What about SECAM? Were any games ever reformatted for that, or could it just use PAL stuff?

htimreimer

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 12:27:45 pm »
how about these

Dos
Sega SG-100,SG-1000 II,SC-3000
Atari/Sears Tele-Games Pong
Nintendo Color TV Game
Coleco Telstar
Amiga CDTV
Gamate
Watara Supervision
Mega Duck/Cougar Boy
TurboExpress
Amiga CD32
Apple Bandai Pippin
Nintendo 64DD
Bandai Playdia
PC-FX
SwanCrystal
N-Gage
Tapwave Zodiac
GP32 aka GamePark 32
Pokémon mini
Epoch Game Pocket Computer
Dingoo A320
Sega Nomad
Atari Lynx II
GameKing
Gizmondo

tpugmire

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2011, 12:48:19 pm »
For the dedicated systems that don't have removable games (Pong units, some Telstars) put them in the hardware section.

The Turbo Express uses the same games as the Turbografx 16, so those are covered.

The others, I'm not very familiar with.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com