Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 179353 times)

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #855 on: March 17, 2015, 05:12:38 am »
That's a collection that will surprise anyone.  Having that much of anything, other than maybe like...books I guess...is impressive lol

argyle

« Reply #856 on: March 18, 2015, 09:16:49 am »
And then she really wanted to try on the Power Glove. lol

YEAH she did! ;) :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #857 on: March 23, 2015, 03:58:01 pm »
Here is my game room:

:)

retrogemcollector

« Reply #858 on: April 03, 2015, 10:21:36 pm »
That's a nice display, but make sure you can expand the space quickly as it won't be as tidy and full of free room in not even a year from now...

karyann

« Reply #859 on: April 12, 2015, 11:52:20 am »
I thought this was funny, had a girl come into my game room and this was her reaction.
And then she really wanted to try on the Power Glove. lol

That's pretty funny, but then again, most people would be surprised I guess  ;D

That's a collection that will surprise anyone.  Having that much of anything, other than maybe like...books I guess...is impressive lol

Actually, a room filled with books and not being a library would be pretty impressive (and cool-looking) too :D

« Reply #860 on: April 13, 2015, 01:56:52 pm »

Actually, a room filled with books and not being a library would be pretty impressive (and cool-looking) too :D
[/quote]

im slowing working on that.

shelving is up i just need more books

spac316

« Reply #861 on: April 15, 2015, 10:36:04 pm »
Updated pics.
Modern rig.

Retro rig.

Master system and games.

« Reply #862 on: April 17, 2015, 03:52:19 am »
Seems like the right place to ask, but has anyone gotten shelving from like Home Depot or Lowes that is more made to fit like a lot of games, movies, and books and is reasonably sturdy? I've mostly just been using the regular cheap Walmart shelving, but there's lots of wasted space and only like 4 or 5 shelves at best on them.  Something that's kinda one you can put together or it just is like 5+ feet long to take up a good wall length and display a lot.  Since I'm gonna be moving into a new rental here soon, though I don't know where or exactly how much space I'll have, I figured I'd take a look at seeing what is available.  Other stores can be option, I just don't know whats available and the only Ikea near me is a 100+ miles away lol

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #863 on: April 17, 2015, 10:05:56 am »
The best DVD/VG shelving I've found from a big retailer are the old Besta units from Ikea that are 8" deep.  They don't make them anymore and the new model that replaced it is nearly twice as deep.  I've actually bought a few of these older units off Craigslist so you might want to check there.  What makes them nice is that none of the shelves are fixed and the backing isn't a cheap, flimsy piece of fiberboard.  They're also easy to disassemble.

Here's a pic I took when I was moving and had sold one of them off:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:25:28 am by krelyan »

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

« Reply #864 on: April 17, 2015, 02:21:56 pm »
That's definitely the kind of shelving I need.  Tall, sturdy, lots of shelves.  I'll take a look around to see if I can't get lucky with that on craigslist since that would be also cheaper than buying new.

doafan

« Reply #865 on: May 07, 2015, 10:07:28 am »

Retro rig.
https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11103069_10202690710387901_1428890034668190294_o.jpg

Just wondering what do you store on the Champion's shoe box ?, I'm asking this because I do have own one of this and want to believe that you also store cartridges, cables or anything related to videogames, in my case I store my Nintendo 64 on it  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

spac316

« Reply #866 on: May 07, 2015, 10:49:03 pm »

Retro rig.
https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11103069_10202690710387901_1428890034668190294_o.jpg

Just wondering what do you store on the Champion's shoe box ?, I'm asking this because I do have own one of this and want to believe that you also store cartridges, cables or anything related to videogames, in my case I store my Nintendo 64 on it  ;D

I store my Game Boy/GBC/GBA games in that one. I have another with Boxed SNES games stored in it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:51:06 pm by spac316 »

retrogemcollector

« Reply #867 on: May 16, 2015, 03:05:43 pm »
I taught I would update from last pictures. Not much changed except some new addition. Hope you enjoy…

« Reply #868 on: May 18, 2015, 02:40:44 pm »
I recenly started collecting so nothing fancy like i have seen here already  :o.

My Gaming Laptop usually I am sitting in the kitchen when I play/stream with my laptop :)

My Desk it got one 46 inch tv and 32inch tv hooked to my pc and consoles ( PS3 with OFW,PS3 With CFW ( to play imported games on ) and the WII)

Old CRT tv with PS One , PS2 and Gamecube RE4 edition :)

My game collection going from ( PSP , Vita , PS3, PS2 , PS One , Wii , NDS and 3DS)

My Second desktop Using it just as rendering machine/emulation machine :)

So as you can see nothing special really I just started out planning to make a dedicated gaming room because I still have boxes from Consoles and such I need to find a place for LOL

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #869 on: May 18, 2015, 05:53:27 pm »
The best DVD/VG shelving I've found from a big retailer are the old Besta units from Ikea that are 8" deep.  They don't make them anymore and the new model that replaced it is nearly twice as deep.  I've actually bought a few of these older units off Craigslist so you might want to check there.  What makes them nice is that none of the shelves are fixed and the backing isn't a cheap, flimsy piece of fiberboard.  They're also easy to disassemble.

Here's a pic I took when I was moving and had sold one of them off:

Ive been looking for something like that lately too. I currently have things all over the place and it isn't working.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730