Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 171745 times)

scott

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2012, 09:26:27 pm »
That's very nice.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2012, 12:48:13 am »
That's very nice.

Thank you  :)

It's small but I'm proud of it.  Kinda sad though, I caught Pneumonia a few weeks back and had to sell off Suikoden II, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Shining Force III to cover the bill.   :'(
I wouldn't call it small. It looks quite impressive actually

scott

« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2012, 01:00:43 am »
When I get my own place, I have blueprints made up for an entertainment center and shelving. Now... to be able to have my own place again, sigh.

ffxik

« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2012, 01:08:28 am »
That's very nice.

Thank you  :)

It's small but I'm proud of it.  Kinda sad though, I caught Pneumonia a few weeks back and had to sell off Suikoden II, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and Shining Force III to cover the bill.   :'(
I wouldn't call it small. It looks quite impressive actually

Thank you for the kind words.  It just feels smaller to me since 3 of my most prized games went for 2 I.V. bags of saline and a bag of antibiotics.

When I get my own place, I have blueprints made up for an entertainment center and shelving. Now... to be able to have my own place again, sigh.

I know that feeling.  I want to get my own as well, but the market in this town is nuts.  1 acre of land with a shack that a strong fart would topple is going for 60K+

scott

« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2012, 01:25:37 am »
Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force are fairly rare and expensive Saturn games. Panzer more so, it was a pretty limited release.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:28:37 am by scott »

madmax

« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2012, 02:06:48 am »
I have plans for a man cave as well where video games will be kept. I just need a house now, certainly not in Vancouver. A house with a basement, 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms .etc goes for over $1mill <.<

jcalder8

« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2012, 12:24:33 pm »
I have plans for a man cave as well where video games will be kept. I just need a house now, certainly not in Vancouver. A house with a basement, 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms .etc goes for over $1mill <.<
Yeah, that's part of what brought me to Edmonton

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2012, 01:52:02 pm »
Move to Oklahoma ... its a fuckhole of a state but stuff is cheap.

I rather like living here... Wish the education system would be a bit better, though.

Cost of living here is about the same as in Houston since the housing market tanked.
(and if anyone's looking to move to OKC my parent's house is for sale  8) )

darko

« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2012, 02:01:14 pm »
Move to Oklahoma ... its a fuckhole of a state but stuff is cheap. My house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, 2 car garage is about 80k.

It depends on where you live. That same house in my neighborhood will cost you ~ $150k. Still cheap, but it's all about location like anywhere else. I haven't seen a house under 2,000 sqft go for a million, but you can get condos in downtown OKC that will cost you $600-800K that are in the 2k sqft range. You also have to remember that you have to pay property taxes and income taxes in OK which have kept the prices down a bit. Plus, we live in Tornado Alley which means your insurance rates are much higher here than in other states.

As far as OK being a "fuckhole", meh, not really. Would you rather live in Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, North/South Dakota, Mississippi, West Virginia, Kansas, Louisiana, etc? Not dogging those other states too hard, but the positives to OK outweigh the negatives to most other states that aren't on a coast or in the northeast.

You have to remember that apart from cool cities in other states, rural areas are all practically identical across the US. A small town in Cali, New Jersey, Ohio, Washington, etc. will be just as podunk as one in OK.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:11:12 pm by darko »

ffxik

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2012, 05:17:32 pm »
We have to pay the same taxes he in Missouri.  The next town over has some pretty reasonable housing prices, only because the town is full of trash and people get tired of living there when they know they will be broken into and robbed.  Our insurance is pretty cheap too, except for fire insurance.  Magically a lot of places burn down in the county I live in.

As far as it goes, yeah every rual area is pretty much the same.  I live in a town with 1,500 people.  the surrounding towns have 4-500,  If you want to go to the mall or try to buy something that you can't find in these towns then you had better be prepared to drive 150 miles to Springfield.

ffxik

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2012, 05:54:47 pm »

As far as OK being a "fuckhole", meh, not really. Would you rather live in Arkansas, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, North/South Dakota, Mississippi, West Virginia, Kansas, Louisiana, etc? Not dogging those other states too hard, but the positives to OK outweigh the negatives to most other states that aren't on a coast or in the northeast.

You have to remember that apart from cool cities in other states, rural areas are all practically identical across the US. A small town in Cali, New Jersey, Ohio, Washington, etc. will be just as podunk as one in OK.

I would much rather live in Florida, back where I was born! :P ... And when I call it a fuckhole, its mostly cause I really hate how backwards and slow the state is about most things.

Welcome to Missouri

blipcs76

« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2012, 10:19:36 am »
OK, I finally got my collection pics off my camera and posted.

Here's a wide shot of a wide array of stuff.  SNES/N64/Atari/PS1/DC/Intellivision/Sega and portables.

A better shot of some of these items.

My PS2 through current gen stuff.

Most of my handhelds, including my first mod attempt (blue Lynx)

Part of my Pac-Man collection.  The rest is in my office at work.

My best arcade machines.  Double DK, Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, Centipede and Double Dragon II.  I have several more in need of repair, but they won't fit in this space anyway.

NES collection.  The boxed/CIB games are my biggest collecting passion, but I've started giving in and picking up more loose carts lately.

Here's a poor shot of the whole room.  Some of the stuff didn't make it into those earlier pics, like some of my arcade marquees, all of my consoles, ROB, etc.

pacpix

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2012, 10:24:14 am »
That Ms. Pac-Man machine is awesome!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

jobocan

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2012, 11:00:10 am »
Very nice setup blipcs, very... presentable :P
Cool selection of arcades too, I'd love to have space for that many.

blipcs76

« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2012, 11:17:47 am »
Heh.  I have my old 53" Sony sd projection big screen right behind where I took the last pic and I hook systems up to it sometimes (this space doubles as a workout area), but I normally just trot whatever I want to play upstairs, where I have my modern consoles and NES hooked up.

I also have a Zaxxon board game, but it's not in the pics.  I stumbled across it at a garage sale a few years ago.