Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 171720 times)

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #975 on: August 10, 2016, 11:29:01 am »
Is it just me, or is the formatting on the first page completely jacked up?

yeah it is... how did you even notice that?
It's the first page.  I clicked it.

Also, I'm looking through the pages being a creeper looking at everyone's collections.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd... I'm done.

At the rate I'm going I'll be finished setting up my game rooms in a few years.  I've been pretty productive lately though.  I want to put up a row of shelves going across the top of the room all the way around for boxes and stuff.  But I don't know how much I trust myself plus I need to get a stud finder or something.  If I can remember I'll try to upload pictures of my main gameroom and handheld area.  The retro game room I have way too much to do to be done anytime soon.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:06:01 pm by ignition365 »

tripredacus

« Reply #976 on: August 10, 2016, 12:09:37 pm »
Fixed the first page.

« Reply #977 on: August 10, 2016, 05:35:37 pm »
I don't really have a "game room" per se, but i guess i'll show my current gaming set up(aka desk) anyway.

So this is where i usually game(unless playing handhelds), and while it was taken with my crappy phone camera last year, not much has changed since then. Also, yes, i'm one of those weirdos whos consoles and pc share the same monitor at a desk. One day i'll change that.

rayne315

« Reply #978 on: August 12, 2016, 03:33:12 pm »
I don't really have a "game room" per se, but i guess i'll show my current gaming set up(aka desk) anyway.

So this is where i usually game(unless playing handhelds), and while it was taken with my crappy phone camera last year, not much has changed since then. Also, yes, i'm one of those weirdos whos consoles and pc share the same monitor at a desk. One day i'll change that.

its called efficiency  ;). what person do you know of that can play 2 games at once? so why need 2 screens?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #979 on: August 13, 2016, 08:22:48 am »
Finally finished doing inventory and organizing the game room.  Not quite happy, so I might reorganize down the line, and I want to put up a line of shelves around the top of the room.

And a quick pic of the living room where I have the more modern systems.

Pics of the handheld room when my wife finishes with it.  That's her area.

sin2beta

« Reply #980 on: August 14, 2016, 10:09:01 am »
Finally finished doing inventory and organizing the game room.  Not quite happy, so I might reorganize down the line, and I want to put up a line of shelves around the top of the room.

Looks fantastic.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #981 on: September 27, 2016, 09:54:13 am »
I ran out of space again in the retro game room and didn't really have space for more shelves... so I built more shelves and moved the couch to the handheld game room.  Things are getting complicated and making me slightly uncomfortable.

The handheld gameroom is basically turning into the PS1/PS2 game room. lol  Eventually I'll bring the PS2s back down to the retro game room, I hope.

Hopefully in a week or two I'll have new pics.  I'm getting a new phone in a few days, maybe I can take one of those diorama pictures or something.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #982 on: September 27, 2016, 12:49:17 pm »

And a quick pic of the living room where I have the more modern systems.

Pics of the handheld room when my wife finishes with it.  That's her area.

awesome set up
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #983 on: September 27, 2016, 04:24:25 pm »
It's official, I'll be moving into a new place this December which means that I will be setting up an all new game room! The space where the room is going will be much bigger than the current small room it is in. However, I've decided that I do not want to actually take picks or do a tour vid until I reach the 2000 game milestone. I feel like one thing I've done is do tour vids too often when not too much has changed. Would rather wait another year or so to shoot that tour.

sin2beta

« Reply #984 on: September 29, 2016, 06:23:57 pm »
It's official, I'll be moving into a new place this December which means that I will be setting up an all new game room! The space where the room is going will be much bigger than the current small room it is in. However, I've decided that I do not want to actually take picks or do a tour vid until I reach the 2000 game milestone. I feel like one thing I've done is do tour vids too often when not too much has changed. Would rather wait another year or so to shoot that tour.

That was quick. Doesn't seem that long ago you stated you were slowing down to save for the mortgage. Congrats!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #985 on: September 30, 2016, 04:17:46 pm »

That was quick. Doesn't seem that long ago you stated you were slowing down to save for the mortgage. Congrats!

Thanks! I actually had a change of plans due to the real estate market being so overpriced right now and my belief that there is no way that home prices can be sustained at their current prices given inflation, wages, and a variety of other factors. And someone I know who deals heavily in home loans advised me that it was probably the worst time to buy despite what the media and realtors will tell you. But I digress.

I found a large, nice apartment that I will be leasing and it should be exciting what I'm able to do with it. The lack of slowing down is because of the above and of course a few days after making that post I ended up getting a bunch of deals thrown at me that I couldn't refuse. I guess you can unofficially say that I am not slowing down anymore, at least not as much as I stated in that post.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #986 on: October 13, 2016, 02:01:45 pm »
So I recently moved stuff around a bit after acquiring a bit of movies from my Dad's movie/comic collection recently. And I don't think I've posted game room pics since I moved from my apartment last year, anyways.

Now keep in mind, it's a garage. A garage I still have to share with my wife as a laundry room/storage area. So if you see some stuff that's out of place, that's why.

That's a memorial collage, and a sign-in board that's framed from my Dad's Celebration of Life Service, in the front, there:

Console and TV set-up, it's a wirey mess:

My comic book long-boxes, after years in service:

And now, the games:

Movie Collection (there's some overflow, elsewhere)

Books and Graphic Novels:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 02:05:57 pm by burningdoom »

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #987 on: October 14, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »
Even do its a garage, i like your setup. I wish i had a space like that.

And those graphic novels, i didnt know you had those, but what/who are they?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #988 on: October 14, 2016, 02:08:19 pm »
Even do its a garage, i like your setup. I wish i had a space like that.

And those graphic novels, i didnt know you had those, but what/who are they?

Thanks. I like the space. Not the temperature in summer. Should have that worked out after the next tax-return, though.

Mostly Marvel and DC graphic novels. And not a whole lot of graphic novels. Most of my comic collection is the old floppies, in those old beat-up longboxes. A lot of those books you see are sci-fi novels and stuff like Marvel Encyclopedias, or Movie Hound Guides. I also have a row up top of Star Trek novels.

Flashback2012

« Reply #989 on: October 15, 2016, 04:40:36 am »
My comic book long-boxes, after years in service:

19½ long boxes...nice sized collection.  :) Which company would you say you have more books from? I grew up a DC guy so I'd say over half my collection is DC books (probably a 60% if I had to guess).

I've been trying to replace my boxes before having to resort to using tape. I wish I could get the hard plastic ones but those are running like $30 apiece...too rich for my blood.  :o