Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 171745 times)

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #1005 on: June 20, 2017, 11:21:31 am »
So I finally moved the GCN and Wii games up to the loft, not really a handheld game room anymore, it's just its own thing.  Decided to move Wii U up there too because why not.  I'd consider moving my NES, SNES, and N64 games up there and just make it a Nintendo area, but then the game room would be mostly empty because the NES, SNES, and N64 (nearly 1000 games) takes up almost half the room by itself.  But I'll continue thinking about doing this.

Built a shelf strictly for GCN, Wii, and Wii U games, almost full, probably has room for another 20-ish games.  Still need to bring up my Wiis and my Wii U.  Might try to bring up all of the GCN, Wii, and Wii U accessories, but don't know where it would go, so it's not super important right now.

So I'm in the process of shifting stuff around to make room for when I get new stuff.  But i'm also planning on printing out more cover art to put N64 games in UGC cases, so when that's done I will probably be out of room again.

Highly considering selling off tons of Genesis and Xbox games just to make room.

« Reply #1006 on: July 02, 2017, 11:26:31 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjjGblGtiU
Flea, I didn't know you where Australian?  ;)

« Reply #1007 on: July 13, 2017, 12:27:20 pm »
So more shifting and stuff.

I bought a really nice TV stand for my living room.  Put the old TV stand in my game room.  So now in my living room I have a really nice looking TV stand that has my PS4, X1, PSVR, and Switch.  My gameroom has a TV stand that fits all of my older systems (So now I freed up 2 more shelves for games.) and now no system is inconvenient to get to and they are all hooked up and plugged in.  And I finally finished moving my GCN, Wii, and Wii U stuff to the loft.  So the loft has GCN (w/GBP), Wii, Wii U, PSTV, the new 360 I acquired, Chromecast, and all of my handhelds.

I have about 7-8 shelves of free space right now.  It's pretty fantastic.

I'll try to take pics after everything gets cleaned up.  Still sorting controllers and stuff.

athmaus

« Reply #1008 on: July 14, 2017, 01:53:59 pm »
Got all three Star Fox games i was lacking:

Gamecube
Star Fox Adventures

Nintendo 64
Star Fox 64

SNES
Star Fox

« Reply #1009 on: August 15, 2017, 11:37:42 pm »
My not so impressive game room corner. Unfortunately don't have much space to keep a lot of stuff so this is as best as I can do.

Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

tripredacus

« Reply #1010 on: August 16, 2017, 10:26:19 am »
That shelf if a disaster waiting to happen!

EDIT: I didn't put this pic here, so here we go:

« Reply #1011 on: August 16, 2017, 10:47:41 am »
It's the only shelf i have that I can put my games on. It's a lot sturdier than it looks, But i would like to get a book shelf or something to use instead.
Currently Playing

« Reply #1012 on: August 16, 2017, 10:53:58 am »
That shelf if a disaster waiting to happen!

EDIT: I didn't put this pic here, so here we go:

Nice.  So is that organized by case style then alphabetically?

tripredacus

« Reply #1013 on: August 16, 2017, 11:03:54 am »
xnblank, I am referring to the fact your game cases can just slide off the side. Also a joke. :p

Nice.  So is that organized by case style then alphabetically?

Originally I wanted to do that but while some thing that Genesis games can be easily sorted this way, it really cannot. The issues are because the spines are not really uniform. On the back/grid pattern boxes, there are 4 or 5 designs. On the red/caution boxes, there are 10 or more designs. The most obvious is the different color Genesis logo. If you look at my picture you will see some are white and some are silver. This is not a variation issue. Also some have white item numbers, some black. Some large font, some small. Some with T prefix, some not, some no item number at all. Then you have Tengen which has a horizontal red stripe.

EA boxes same issue. You think at first there is the two-tone (older) type boxes, then the white sports boxes, then the other type (like F-117A or Skitchin'). The white boxes are on their own are are fine. The two-tone boxes become an issue once you group them together, there are 4 or 5 different designs, even some cardboard box.

So really what I have in this picture (it is outdated already) is the games are grouped by a certain type but they are not in alphabetical order within that group. The black/grid boxes are grouped by spine design. The red plastic case and red cardboard box are grouped by publisher. The EA two-tone is by box design. Boxes with no common design are by publisher.

« Reply #1014 on: August 16, 2017, 11:23:38 am »
xnblank, I am referring to the fact your game cases can just slide off the side. Also a joke. :p

Oh. Haha. Yeah no rails here. :(
Currently Playing

rayne315

« Reply #1015 on: August 16, 2017, 11:30:39 am »
It's the only shelf i have that I can put my games on. It's a lot sturdier than it looks, But i would like to get a book shelf or something to use instead.

hey I like it. im a big fan of floating shelves where you can not see any supports. also I need to stop being lazy and label my cords sort of how you did. it would make it a lot easier to plug in and play my systems. I currently have to turn my tv and reach behind my entertainment center and hope I grab the right cord.

I do see where tripredacus is coming from though. a game falling from that height can easily be broken.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #1016 on: August 16, 2017, 09:22:43 pm »

hey I like it. im a big fan of floating shelves where you can not see any supports. also I need to stop being lazy and label my cords sort of how you did. it would make it a lot easier to plug in and play my systems. I currently have to turn my tv and reach behind my entertainment center and hope I grab the right cord.

I thought it would be a good idea considering all my A/V cables hook into my Elgato HD Capture Card. Let's me record the games but also play at the games intended resolution instead of my tv upscaling them to ugly 480i.

I do see where tripredacus is coming from though. a game falling from that height can easily be broken.

It definitely makes me anxious. Big reason why I want a book shelf or something to place them on.
Currently Playing

ferraroso

« Reply #1017 on: August 16, 2017, 11:30:24 pm »
These will probably be the last pics of my collection before moving to a new (and 5.5 times larger) apartment, so I decided to upload them here as a means to remember the place.

I will upload pics of the new room as soon as I finish moving.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:35:50 pm by ferraroso »

« Reply #1018 on: August 17, 2017, 10:53:29 pm »
Got another shelving unit set up now, allowing me to consolidate almost all of my games into one spot (my N64 and GB/C/A stuff remain separated onto other shelves).

Still got a ways to go before that sea of 360 green and purple is completed though.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1019 on: August 18, 2017, 12:35:37 am »
@ferraroso

When I see so much amazing Sega gear it puts a smile on my face.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01