Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 171658 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #315 on: May 08, 2013, 09:52:35 pm »
Man, you're game room looks way more classy than mine.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #316 on: May 09, 2013, 08:24:46 am »
Hahaha!

My "game room" is basically a wall w/ some pictures on it, 1 bookcase, and a bunch of closets, shelves, and drawers -but- I'm "weird" like that, I guess, in that 'displaying' has never seemed very important to me...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #317 on: May 09, 2013, 09:45:29 am »
Man, you're game room looks way more classy than mine.

Thanks! Shoving that couch through the window was totally worth it. It's much more comfortable than that futon was.

Hahaha!

My "game room" is basically a wall w/ some pictures on it, 1 bookcase, and a bunch of closets, shelves, and drawers -but- I'm "weird" like that, I guess, in that 'displaying' has never seemed very important to me...

It's not so much about displaying and showing off.  Though I do have a knack for composition and layout and tend to want my stuff to look as good as possible. Ha, I spent 3-4 hours hanging 6 frames on the living room wall, because I needed them to be level, evenly spaced and uniform. It's just my nature.

But, for the game room it's really more ease of use. Everything game, console and book is out for easy access. If I want to play a particular game, I don't have to pull out a box with the consoles in it and swap them to the TV, I can just pop in a disc or cart and go. But I do have a lot of nick-naks and collectables and it just seems to make sense to me that they be out on display. Plus, since it's in a side room and not my main living room it can be a full nerd explosion. ha

I knew when I had a house of my own, I wanted a dedicated game room for all my retro stuff. Both to keep everything put away and to keep the living room from being a mess of cables, consoles and game stuff (plus that living room has so many windows, I worry about sun damage).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #318 on: May 09, 2013, 09:57:48 am »
Yeah, I wasn't implying that "displaying" necessarily = "showing off" for you guys  :o

I mean, I don't have *anything* in boxes...I have a "PS2" drawer, a "PS3" drawer, a bookshelf filled w/ guides, a "DS" drawer", a "PSP" drawer, a "console & accessory" shelf, a "NGC" shelf, a 3DS shelf, and a smaller "misc" (Genesis, GB, GBC, NES = usually 10 items or less each) shelf, and, a wall in one of my bedrooms (which I also spent a few hours on...evenly spacing, leveling, and *staggering*:) 5 Giclees.

Of course, each drawer & shelf is (anally) arranged in alphabetical and/or chronological order, so, I'd never have to hunt or look for anything that I might be wanting :)

Oh yeah - I also have another "misc" category for stuff like my "Skyrim Dragon" (on a dresser), plushies, pins, other collectibles arranged here & there, and another "OST's" drawer.

tl;dr = it's all extremely well-ordered & arranged...just...not being "displayed"  8)

soera

« Reply #319 on: May 09, 2013, 10:34:26 am »
I actually enjoy the displaying part. It makes everything feel like a cohesive unit when its all in its right spot. :)

scott

« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2013, 10:39:33 am »
Oh ya I was just saying that personally, I like having a themed room with all my stuff out and in shelving.

When you mounted the giclees, were the frames double hanger or single hanger? Cause my LP frames were double hanger and man, what a pain in the ass that was trying to get them level.

I actually enjoy the displaying part. It makes everything feel like a cohesive unit when its all in its right spot. :)

I agree. Plus I like when people come over and look at it all.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #321 on: May 09, 2013, 12:02:56 pm »
When you mounted the giclees, were the frames double hanger or single hanger? Cause my LP frames were double hanger and man, what a pain in the ass that was trying to get them level.

Meh, hanging the Giclees wasn't that bad...they just come w/ your 'standard' "wire/string" on the back for mounting/hanging them - it was actually the measuring & math that took the longest (because 3 of them are the exact same size, 1 is bigger (skinnier & longer), and the 5th is shorter (not as long & wider); hence why I ended up going w/ staggering them.

As an afterthought - I used tiny, little, square pieces of velcro on the back of the 4 corners of each one...this way if I, my dog, the g/f, visiting family, the baby, etc. knocks them out-of-level...it's super easy to "semi -permanently" fix & re-align them :)

EDIT

Maybe next time my sister's here - I'll try to get a pic of the wall w/ all 5 of them hanging on it to get the rest of your thoughts/suggestions on how it looks staggered/how it might look better...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:06:03 pm by disgaeniac »

scott

« Reply #322 on: May 09, 2013, 12:59:03 pm »
Ya that would be cool. I'm glad all of my LP frames were a uniform size... I woulda went nuts trying to figure out how to hang them all if they varied.

« Reply #323 on: May 11, 2013, 12:50:01 pm »
mines

« Reply #324 on: May 11, 2013, 11:09:14 pm »
I make music.
I'm really cool, you should tell your friends about me :P

https://soundcloud.com/torvez

ziondood

« Reply #325 on: May 13, 2013, 12:34:58 am »
So I don't really have my own "Game Room" but I do have a decent collection of things!
I live in an apartment with a few friends and I keep most of my games in my bedroom, and most of the systems are either in the living room with the big TV, and then the old systems are in our dining room, with an old tube tv :p Its kinda neat!

darko

« Reply #326 on: May 13, 2013, 02:11:53 am »
Okay, still not satisfied but I'm tired of messing with it :)

It is nice to have most of my systems hooked up and ready to play!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:19:29 am by darko »

scott

« Reply #327 on: May 13, 2013, 11:12:04 pm »
So I don't really have my own "Game Room" but I do have a decent collection of things!
I live in an apartment with a few friends and I keep most of my games in my bedroom, and most of the systems are either in the living room with the big TV, and then the old systems are in our dining room, with an old tube tv :p Its kinda neat!

That's a nice set of shelving though! I dig it.

Okay, still not satisfied but I'm tired of messing with it :)

I think it looks good! Take a break for a couple days and refresh, then maybe you'll realize what need to be changed, if you still don't like it after a bit.

« Reply #328 on: May 13, 2013, 11:37:46 pm »
i couldnt get my pic to be big and high ressie :(

scott

« Reply #329 on: May 13, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »
mines

Oh I missed yours, that is a super impressive set up you have there man. Nice!