Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 171740 times)

soera

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #570 on: February 03, 2014, 12:49:39 pm »
I may still get the actual staircase one. I dont have a way to see the ones that are on the JP site. Do you have pics or links to all of them?

Heh space is definitely an issue here. 3 kids and all. :)

karyann

« Reply #571 on: February 03, 2014, 01:02:29 pm »
I may still get the actual staircase one. I dont have a way to see the ones that are on the JP site. Do you have pics or links to all of them?

If you're in need of space, I can lend you some. Just send me your stuff and I'll... uh... keep it safe for you! Yeah, keep it safe.  :D

soera

« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2014, 01:13:16 pm »
Its a problem I never thought Id have to deal with. :) I honestly have considered thinning out the collection but when I go in there to figure out what I would let go of, I always walk out of the room empty handed. :P

karyann

« Reply #573 on: February 03, 2014, 02:08:44 pm »
Its a problem I never thought Id have to deal with. :) I honestly have considered thinning out the collection but when I go in there to figure out what I would let go of, I always walk out of the room empty handed. :P

Ah, same here. I realized recently that I'll have to cut big in expenses if I wanna make it to the summer (when I can have a job), so I tried to choose a few games to sell (then buy them again when I have more money to spare). I decided to sell New Super Mario U, and...that's it. Can't bear to leave anything else  :(

anruiukimi

« Reply #574 on: February 03, 2014, 02:17:16 pm »

The first three rugs I have on order from CD Japan (great store, I've ordered from them for almost 15 years, it's where I get most of my DQ stuff.) Unfortunately, their preorders on the rugs have stopped. Maybe one of the other import stores?

Stairs:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-102721

Portal:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-102722

Poison Swamp:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-102723

Looks like Amiami still has them for order (I've never ordered from them before)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-76886
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-76888
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGD2-76887

The moving arrow set is a set of 3, and is only available through the JP Square Enix store:
http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/MW53012?fromsearch=

karyann

« Reply #575 on: February 03, 2014, 02:26:05 pm »
These mats look really cool, I haven't played Dragon Quest but I'd love them in my gaming room anyway!

scott

« Reply #576 on: February 03, 2014, 02:49:29 pm »
These mats look really cool, I haven't played Dragon Quest but I'd love them in my gaming room anyway!

You need to play Dragon Quest __!  ;)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #577 on: February 03, 2014, 03:10:40 pm »
You need to play Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King!  ;)

Fix'd/Prioritized that for ya'   ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

karyann

« Reply #578 on: February 03, 2014, 03:41:30 pm »

What you did there, I see it. :P

I hope you're kidding, or else I don't think I'll ever touch any DQ game ever again  :o I actually played VIII for 3 hours (I don't consider that "playing" it for such a long game, more like dipping my toe) but I got so freaking tired of grinding, especially right off the bat. Seriously, 2 hours of grinding just to reach the second village?! I almost threw my PS2 off the window and promptly traded the game  :(

scott

« Reply #579 on: February 03, 2014, 03:53:35 pm »
Personally, I would suggest Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride. That game is really really good, and it's on the DS (your favorite system)!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

anruiukimi

« Reply #580 on: February 03, 2014, 04:09:38 pm »

What you did there, I see it. :P

I hope you're kidding, or else I don't think I'll ever touch any DQ game ever again  :o I actually played VIII for 3 hours (I don't consider that "playing" it for such a long game, more like dipping my toe) but I got so freaking tired of grinding, especially right off the bat. Seriously, 2 hours of grinding just to reach the second village?! I almost threw my PS2 off the window and promptly traded the game  :(

VIII was actually one of my lesser favs of the series, I agree. I think they could have paced it a bit better. ^^;

soera

« Reply #581 on: February 03, 2014, 04:20:56 pm »
IV, VII, and VIII were definitely my favorites. I also really enjoyed Caravan hearts.

I have only used Amiami as my place to get lucky on finding JP DQ stuff. Thats the place I had the mats on pre-order already. :o I may still get one ... grrrr, you trying to get me to spend my money! :P

anruiukimi

« Reply #582 on: February 03, 2014, 04:36:42 pm »
IV, VII, and VIII were definitely my favorites. I also really enjoyed Caravan hearts.

I have only used Amiami as my place to get lucky on finding JP DQ stuff. Thats the place I had the mats on pre-order already. :o I may still get one ... grrrr, you trying to get me to spend my money! :P

I have been habitually referred to as a bad influence, especially when it comes to buying fun stuff. :P I've been semi-banned from shopping with a friend of mine after an almost $1k day in Osaka (the two of us together, not separately) back in 2008. The $250 Gundam suitcases didn't help....

If you want the arrow mats, you'll want to get a shopping service to help, unfortunately. :/

karyann

« Reply #583 on: February 03, 2014, 06:09:32 pm »
I have been habitually referred to as a bad influence, especially when it comes to buying fun stuff. :P I've been semi-banned from shopping with a friend of mine after an almost $1k day in Osaka (the two of us together, not separately) back in 2008. The $250 Gundam suitcases didn't help....

If you want the arrow mats, you'll want to get a shopping service to help, unfortunately. :/

I think we'd have lots of fun together in there haha  :) I plan on traveling to Japan eventually, and I already know that I will need a big amount for buying stuff to bring back home. Do you speak Japanese at all?

Personally, I would suggest Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride. That game is really really good, and it's on the DS (your favorite system)!

Aww, you noticed :D I'll definitely consider it!

anruiukimi

« Reply #584 on: February 03, 2014, 07:03:03 pm »

I think we'd have lots of fun together in there haha  :) I plan on traveling to Japan eventually, and I already know that I will need a big amount for buying stuff to bring back home. Do you speak Japanese at all?

::cackles:: I lived in Japan for three years (2008-2011,) taught English, the usual gig. Turned into a three year shopping trip, sadly. :P

My Japanese isn't great, but I understand better than I speak it. I'm trying to brush up a bit these days.