Author Topic: Game Room Pics  (Read 171726 times)

scott

Re: Game Room Pics
« Reply #675 on: March 02, 2014, 12:19:00 pm »

Superstrong videogame fun

Ya it was this. Karyann helped me with it. I couldn't get Google to help translate it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #676 on: March 02, 2014, 05:46:16 pm »

« Reply #677 on: March 02, 2014, 08:59:05 pm »
Mine is still pretty small, relegated to just these three shelves, a drawer full of N64 and Game Boy games, a bunch of game strategy guides on a bookshelf, and a couple other items strewn about.  Top shelf is Zelda stuff, second shelf is Nintendo, third is PS2, Xbox, 360, PS3, and PS1.

hexen

« Reply #678 on: March 02, 2014, 09:56:27 pm »
Is that a blow up Lemming?

Yup! Best Buy had them during the release of a Lemmings game for the PSP.

I framed my European Castlevania stickers tonight.

Every time I have cool stickers like that it eats away at me because I just want to stick them somewhere...!
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

argyle

« Reply #679 on: March 03, 2014, 11:32:32 am »
I'm *almost* ready to take some pics of my gaming room.  I have one more thing to frame & get hung and then I think I'll be ready.  I asked the guys I know at GS for the promotional cardboard thing they had in front of the registers for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, sliced off the bottom strip w/ the GS logo & info, and have been planning on framing it.  This weekend I was digging in my closet and I stumbled across something I had completely forgotten about & don't even entirely remember where I got it - a similar cardboard "poster" for the original Tales of Symphonia.  Luckily I had a slightly larger frame that I didn't currently have a use for, so I think they'll both go nicely in there.  :) 

Warning: once you start framing your gaming posters, etc. it's a very slippery slope.  Soon you won't be able to stand to look at anything that's NOT framed.  :P  I think I'll have one un-framed gaming poster hung after all of this, and that's because it's a very odd shape but too cool to take down - a metallic skinny horizontal poster for Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #680 on: March 03, 2014, 01:40:41 pm »
I have one picture framed but it came that way from the store. I dont think I could handle going through the frustrations of framing everything I own heh.

karyann

« Reply #681 on: March 03, 2014, 03:37:20 pm »
I have one picture framed but it came that way from the store. I dont think I could handle going through the frustrations of framing everything I own heh.

Yeah, posters and the such tend to pile up real quick... so I'm trying to pick only what I really want to stay in the best shape possible when I decide to frame something. I have too many of those  :o

argyle

« Reply #682 on: March 03, 2014, 03:42:37 pm »
Well I don't frame everything I OWN, just everything I hang up.  I have poster tubes full of rolled posters & boxes with folded ones that aren't in use.  But I also try for a more balanced look over a hang it all up approach.  That said, I still have a lot of posters hanging in my gameroom.  And luckily my wife is somewhat of a gamer too so she doesn't mind if I hang some stuff out in the rest of the house - I framed my Club Nintendo Zelda poster that shows Link through the years.  A friend had given me a gold frame a year or so back, so I used that & got a forest green mat cut for it.  It looks gorgeous!   ;D
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

scott

« Reply #683 on: March 03, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »
I keep most of my posters rolled in a shipping tube. With only the ones I really like on display. Currently I'm on the search for a frame for my GI Castlevania poster, which is an odd size then it'll go up on the wall.

When I get my LOS2 poster from that twitter contest it'll get framed as well. Its 2 sided, so I need to see which one I like better.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #684 on: March 03, 2014, 03:51:38 pm »
I have been looking off & on for a poster of the original Castlevania's NES box art - love that box.  Not a lot of luck tho.  Instead I have a Lords of Shadow 2 poster I recently got from ebay hanging - which is ironic, since it's one of the only Castlevania's I hate.  :P 

I also have this Nintendo Power poster of Aria of Sorrow that I'm about to frame, probably tonight:

http://www.7hunters.com/poster-images2012/castlevania-aria-sorrow.jpg

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #685 on: March 03, 2014, 04:10:37 pm »
Warning: once you start framing your gaming posters, etc. it's a very slippery slope. 

I can kind of attest to this  :o

I guess that before I started collecting & hanging up my Giclees (up to 6 on the wall of my master bedroom now), I wouldn't have really cared much one way or the other.

*BUT*...NOW (that I've got the whole 'Giclee-theme' going on - even though NIS America now also offers cheaper paper posters with similar pictures on them)...I just feel like it would cheapen and/or "unbalance" what I've been doing  :-\

Anyone one else here w/ tattoos can probably tell you the same thing...if you get one on one of your forearms, shoulders, biceps, etc ==>

==>You'll soon find yourself wanting & *Needing* another tat on the opposite ____ - just to 'Balance' things out & make everything "right"  ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #686 on: March 03, 2014, 05:25:04 pm »
When I get my LOS2 poster from that twitter contest it'll get framed as well. Its 2 sided, so I need to see which one I like better.

Ahhh man, dont do that! Hang it where it can spin and you can see both sides. :)

argyle

« Reply #687 on: March 03, 2014, 05:27:48 pm »
I've heard that about tattoos - good thing I don't think I could ever permanently commit to something like that, or I'd probably be covered.  :P

And I had to choose a side for my 2-sided Legend of Dragoon poster.  Actually, I let my wife decide because I love them both.  :) 

soera

« Reply #688 on: March 03, 2014, 05:33:28 pm »
I dont have any 2 sided posters atm ... but if I did, I would definitely suspend them so that both sides would be visible.

I have 2 tattoos right now. One on my right calf .... and one on my left calf heh.

argyle

« Reply #689 on: March 03, 2014, 05:53:48 pm »
Well I used to flip that poster periodically, but it was getting old and I was afraid it was going to get damaged.  I have no idea what it's worth monetarily - probably not a lot - but it's very valuable to me, it's always been one of the pieces of swag I'm most proud of.  So I decided I'd rather have it protected than have the ability to flip it.  ;)