Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 83172 times)

jobocan

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #285 on: December 04, 2011, 02:44:10 pm »
The footage I've seen looks pretty good, and I like the idea of the ghost spotpassing.  Let me know what you think compared to the other Karts!

So far I like it. I'd compare it to Mario Kart Wii gameplay-wise, with the super-useful bottom screen from DS, though it does have an element from Super (the coins!).
There's 3 new power-ups. The raccoon tail is useful for defense and grabbing coins. The fire flower just... kicks ass... imagine... rapid-fire medium/short-range green shells. And the "7" power-up which gives you 7 items circling around you... some say chosen at random, but I wouldn't know since I only got it once.

I like most of the new tracks, with a couple exceptions (Music Park, Wuhu Loop), and the retro tracks are all very well remade. Can't say what my favorites are yet since I'm just in 50cc for now.

The gliding and underwater driving are nice, as they add more possibilities in level designed (some old tracks were modified with new underwater areas). The gliding in particular is fun, with some parts where you can take small shortcuts by flying over curves.

madmax

« Reply #286 on: December 04, 2011, 09:05:44 pm »
Finally completed the Mega Man Star Force collection with all of them but 1 factory sealed. Also got Rockman.EXE 4.5 Real Operation straight from Japan, and Rockman Battle and Chase for PSX. Still have about 11 games to get, but I'm closing in!

Cant wait to see a complete picture of all of it :D

jobocan

« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2011, 07:36:25 pm »
Got a couple things today... one in many game orders I'm waiting for right now.

An NES Max controller (a lot smaller than I was expecting >_<), Dragon's Lair on NES, Pocky & Rocky on the SNES and a complete in box Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (including the encyclopedia it came with) on NES. Pretty cool stuff.

foxhack

« Reply #288 on: December 06, 2011, 03:29:16 pm »
An NES Max controller (a lot smaller than I was expecting >_<)
Yeah, those things are TINY. Even when I was a kid I felt that damn pad was too small.

Anyway, I just recovered from a hard drive crash that left me unable to boot into Windows 7, and it took me a couple of days but I'm back on my feet. I managed to purchase seven new Steam titles from http://www.indiegala.com/: Zombie Shooter 1 and 2, Hacker Evolution Untold (part 2) and Duality (part 3), inMomentum, Saira, and Your Doodles Are Bugged!

That's about the only game purchase I've had in the past week... the flea markets have been bad to me. :(

foxhack

« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2011, 03:05:49 pm »
We can double post if we want to!

Guitar Hero World Tour and Guitar Hero Smash Hits, both new, for around $4. I already owned Guitar Hero 5 but I forgot about it. >_>

jobocan

« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2011, 10:01:17 pm »
Today I heard a new retro game store opened around here so I went to check it out... turns out it's one I had previously deemed as "crappy" (they were selling Megaman X in bad condition for 100$ at one point) that just moved to a new location. Turns out they weren't as bad this time. They had this promotion where anything under 20$ was 2 for 1, so I got Bloody Wolf on TG-16 and Nights on Saturn for 15$ (both weren't in box though). I was also entered (twice) in a drawing for the 3 current-gen consoles and 1 free game a month for a year.

I also received my copy of Gun Nac for the Famicom, which turned out being much cheaper than the NES version.

*Edit note*
Bloody Wolf is kickass.

forte

« Reply #291 on: December 10, 2011, 03:34:24 pm »
Finally completed the Mega Man Star Force collection with all of them but 1 factory sealed. Also got Rockman.EXE 4.5 Real Operation straight from Japan, and Rockman Battle and Chase for PSX. Still have about 11 games to get, but I'm closing in!

Cant wait to see a complete picture of all of it :D

I'm getting closer! Got Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star for DS and a Mega Man V manual I was needing

darko

« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2011, 09:50:50 pm »
I picked up a few items this weekend. Paid about $15 a piece for them:

PSP:
Prinny: Can I really be the Hero?
Persona
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

PS2:
Mega Man X Collection

360:
Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper

Wii:
Punch-Out!!!

For just under $90 I don't feel bad at all! Now I just need to break down and pick of that sweet Persona 2 remake on the PSP to go with this one.

desocietas

« Reply #293 on: December 11, 2011, 01:14:40 pm »
Now I just need to break down and pick of that sweet Persona 2 remake on the PSP to go with this one.

I just happened to pick up an extra copy from Amazon when they were doing a sale... let me know when you break down :)
FYI, I guess they don't wrap Persona 2: Innocent Sin in plastic... just the circular stickers on the cardboard :\
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #294 on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:00 pm »
Sent you a message.

jobocan

« Reply #295 on: December 12, 2011, 07:11:28 pm »
Received TMNT3 on NES, a proper AV cable for my genesis (finally! screw RF) and Chrono Trigger on SNES (it was on sale, so not as expensive as usual).
Also got the latest Club Nintendo platinum reward which is a set of pins in cool boxes... The boxes are cool, can't say I care much for the pins though... I mean, they're nice, but they're just pins :P

*EDIT*
Turns out that AV cable was a waste of money, it doesn't fit in the model 2 OR the 32X, it just fits in a model 1 genesis >_> I was stupid and didn't read the description on the website for it >_>
Guess I'll have to pay for a proper AV cable some other day... at least I have a backup cable for my Master System...

darko

« Reply #296 on: December 13, 2011, 09:37:57 am »
Well I had to return Prinny because they gave me the wrong UMD when I bought the game and it turns out that they didn't even have a copy...go figure.

Either way, I ended up replacing that with Persona 3 portable and have Persona 2 on its way from @desocietas house :)

I never actually beat Persona 3 on the PS2 and honestly, I think it makes a lot of sense as a handheld game. I'm already about 6 hours in and I've only played it before going to sleep over the past 2 nights.

foxhack

« Reply #297 on: December 13, 2011, 03:00:10 pm »
Yesterday I got The Blackwell Trilogy, Eets, Dino D-Day and The Oil Blue from Indie Royale.

Today I got: Shank, Jamestown, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Cave Story + from Humble Bundle 4.

jobocan

« Reply #298 on: December 13, 2011, 06:00:24 pm »
Just got Megaman! Finally! Just have 5 and 6 left to get on my NES, but those are definitely not a priority.

Also received Nano Assault on 3DS, and I decided to pick up the latest humble bundle for cave story +.

*EDIT*
OH and 5 new pinball tables (4 for Marvel Pinball, 1 for Zen Pinball) just came out on PSN... YAY!

darko

« Reply #299 on: December 14, 2011, 10:37:26 am »
I picked up Lemmings on SNES complete. I'll never even play it but it was only $10.00 and came with everything.