Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 81016 times)

jobocan

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #735 on: April 11, 2012, 07:58:49 am »
It's been so long since I played SF2 on SNES that I don't remember... maybe it did.
I looked around and Mike Z (the pro fighting game player who developed Skullgirls' fighting engine) apparently said it would take weeks to implement a movelist... which is really strange considering how detailed the tutorial mode is and how simple a movelist should be to program, but maybe I'm just missing something. Said weeks were apparently instead used to polish the game engine, which I think is a fine idea.
That said, I also heard about it getting patched into it somewhat soon so it may not really be an issue at all.

*EDIT*
Oh but be sure not to mention the lack of a movelist on the game's forums, people will instantly label you stupid and a troll... strange.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:07:12 am by jobocan »

soera

« Reply #736 on: April 11, 2012, 09:33:03 am »
There are no repercussions to anything people say online anymore. They will call you anything and everything ... anyhow, what is Skullgirls? Sounds weird and yet entertaining!

jobocan

« Reply #737 on: April 11, 2012, 09:54:42 am »
There are no repercussions to anything people say online anymore. They will call you anything and everything ... anyhow, what is Skullgirls? Sounds weird and yet entertaining!

It's a fighting game with 8 unique characters (all with some "disgusting" or weird element to them, like Ms Fortune being able to dismember herself during her attacks, or detaching her head to attack you with it independently from her body), with sort of anime-ish chibi-ish graphics, all very well drawn IMO. There's both standard 1 on 1 battles, or 3 on 3 battles where you can tag in/out your characters and use other characters as support.

It's made by Mike Z, a fairly prominent (at least a while back, not sure anymore) BlazBlue player who played a mean Tager (in fact, the original BlazBlue special edition had a tutorial blu-ray which included parts by Mike Z... his Tager tutorial is the reason Tager became my main in that game :P). He spent around 10 years developing this fighting game engine, and got other people to join him in the development (creating the world and characters, amongst other things). It's supposedly made to be welcoming to new players, with a great tutorial that covers a lot of stuff from basic movements/attacks to mix-ups and combos. It also has some interesting mechanics, like one that detects if a player is stuck in an infinite and that enables that player to get out of it with a single button press. Overall it seems very well done from my short playtime with it.

And (finally found actual proof rather than hearsay on a forum) he confirmed that, if it sells well, it will get patched with a movelist and DLC characters.

*EDIT*
Until there's an in-game movelist, I found this, it's gonna do for now:
http://i39.tinypic.com/vy0hoi.jpg
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:53:23 am by jobocan »

soera

« Reply #738 on: April 11, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »
What system is it on? Sounds really cool. I could be interested in playing it.

jobocan

« Reply #739 on: April 11, 2012, 12:48:40 pm »
PS3 (PSN download, 15$) and Xbox 360 (XBLA, 1200 MS points).

scott

« Reply #740 on: April 11, 2012, 12:50:53 pm »
What system is it on? Sounds really cool. I could be interested in playing it.

But that goes against your "RPG or nothing" genre stance.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #741 on: April 11, 2012, 02:30:09 pm »
Got Skullgirls on PSN! Fun fighting game with a great engine, great animation and actually a great tutorial (it not only covers the basics, but more advanced stuff like mix-ups and cancels, something I don't see often).

My only problem so far is the lack of a movelist, so you have to figure out the moves yourself or print out a movelist... kinda backwards considering fighting games have had movelists within them since... probably the PS1... Other than at arcades, of course.
Developers may want to leave out these movelists so they can sell a strategy guide.

Capcom did this with Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. The Japanese version had a movelist, the US version didn't.

soera

« Reply #742 on: April 11, 2012, 02:31:44 pm »
I know its against my rpg stance ... but Im a huge MK fan too and this sounds along the same lines. I have to branch out a little every once in a while! :)

jobocan

« Reply #743 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:03 pm »
I completely forgot about that, but I had Legend of Grimrock pre-ordered, so I redeemed my Steam key for that.

It's a really cool first-person dungeon-crawl WRPG with classic Wizardry grid-based movement but action-based combat which is weird, and you need to solve puzzles to advance. It will eventually get expansions and User-generated dungeons, so a lot of potential content. Very cool so far.

blipcs76

« Reply #744 on: April 13, 2012, 01:47:47 pm »
I love garage sale season :D  I picked up Shining in the Darkness, Phantasy Star III and Thunderforce III (with manuals, but no boxes).

Though it's the second week in a row when I hit a garage sale, found retro game stuff and the garage sale seller looked the stuff up on eBay and priced it accordingly.  They don't look at what it sells for, they look at Buy It Now prices.  I hope this isn't a trend.

desocietas

« Reply #745 on: April 13, 2012, 02:27:39 pm »
Put me down for a pre-order too but I want one with 2 tails attached to the back.
There's a full body suit too but it's creepy as hell. :P

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/04/03/sonic-the-hedgehog-4-episode-ii-avatar-items/

Hahaha, furries!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #746 on: April 13, 2012, 03:29:29 pm »
It was PuppyGames' owner's birthday yesterday so he gave away one game of your choice then with a coupon code. I ended up grabbing Titan Attacks, his take on Space Invaders. It's REALLY GOOD.

Hahaha, furries!

Shush you!

amauriel

« Reply #747 on: April 13, 2012, 04:11:35 pm »
@foxhack: I kept checking back and their site kept getting Reddit'd. I never did get a game.  :(
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #748 on: April 14, 2012, 12:10:33 am »
Picked these up over the last few days:

Comics were 5 for $4
Skylanders were $20 for the packs and $10 for the singles
Slaughter Sport is complete and it was $2.50
Icewind Dale: Ultimate Collection is complete and was $2.50
Teenage Zombies and Call of Juarez Bound in Blood were $10 for the pair

foxhack