Author Topic: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 28402 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2013, 11:46:07 pm »
I bought The Boy Wreck-It Ralph for the 3DS today. It's was pretty uneventful, but he's into it.

foxhack

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2013, 12:47:32 am »
I bought The Boy Wreck-It Ralph for the 3DS today. It's was pretty uneventful, but he's into it.
... just be careful if he starts screaming "I'M GONNA WRECK IT" around your expensive gaming systems...

darko

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2013, 11:02:42 am »
I picked up DuckTales 2 and Shatterhand on the NES today.
One doesn't simply "pick up" Duck Tales 2.  Did you find it out in the wild?

Well, sort of. I run a group of retro gamers with several of my friends and one of the members of the group has quite a few copies (he basically went all over and picked up a bunch of them predicting the price spike). I bought one from him. If anyone is seriously looking for a copy then I can get you in contact with him. He's pretty price savvy but I did get it for under market. He probably hooked me up a little bit because of our group, but he typically sells stuff at ~ 15-20% off of eBay prices to individuals.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:05:54 am by darko »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2013, 11:24:47 am »
I may be looking for one in about a month.  When April 20th gets here and I can see how much change I've saved, I may need you to hook it up.

darko

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2013, 01:14:12 pm »
I may be looking for one in about a month.  When April 20th gets here and I can see how much change I've saved, I may need you to hook it up.

Cool, just let me know.

He might actually be on here. I honestly don't know. A lot of our members track their collections on VGC now. When you're running a group across multiple states and have over 300 members it gets tricky remembering names, much less online handles.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:17:24 pm by darko »

sin2beta

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2013, 11:19:04 pm »
Got a nice (as far as I can tell) CRT television from the apartment dumpster. I hooked the Dreamcast to it. I don't know if it REALLY looks better than the LCD. However, it does somehow look better. I can see every single pixel. But the opening of King of Fighters Dream Match 99 looks as epic as I remember it when I was a kid. I did not think the opening seemed epic on my LCD. It might be nostalgia goggles, but I likes it.  8)

The tube does seem curved, but not very pronounced. The next thing to see is if light guns work.

UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2013, 02:14:35 am »
Continuing my quest to own games nobody else gives a stuff about, yesterday I ordered After Devil Force (Taiwanese PC), Frane 2 (Jp PC) and the manhua for Chinese PC game Xian Jian 5 ^^~

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2013, 12:19:44 pm »
I wish i could understand Japanse. There are so many great games i wish i could play!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2013, 12:23:35 pm »
I wish i could understand Japanse. There are so many great games i wish i could play!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2013, 01:19:13 pm »

I got into imports a few years back just by using emulators, and it's only recently that I've started buying stuff, but there are actually a LOT of games that are very playable even without knowing the language. JRPGs and SRPGs are sadly out of the question, unless there's a fan translation, but there are tons of cool shmups, fighting games, side-scrollers, puzzle games, etc. that don't require any knowledge of Japanese.

scott

« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2013, 04:38:10 pm »
I think I asked Kimimi about it before, but there has to be a solid way to teach yourself Japanese. I would love to import some JRPGs and .hack//LINK and be able to understand them. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2013, 04:43:21 pm »
I thought about that myself ... but lately Ive been going the evil route (translated repros). Ive already gotten Ys IV and I have Destiny of an emperor and Sailor Moon RPG on order. May start looking for others too.

scott

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2013, 04:45:33 pm »
Destiny of an Emperor was released in English tho. :P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2013, 05:53:34 pm »
The second one!  :o I forgot the 2.

jobocan

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2013, 06:47:30 pm »
I think I asked Kimimi about it before, but there has to be a solid way to teach yourself Japanese. I would love to import some JRPGs and .hack//LINK and be able to understand them. :(

Take classes, watch lots of japanese stuff.
My japanese isn't very good (I only took a year of beginner classes that were too slow for me so I didn't learn as much as I wanted), but in general I can at least navigate menus and understand what's going on in cinematics if there's voice acting.