Author Topic: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 28395 times)

Re: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2013, 10:57:22 pm »
My photography skills with a cellphone won't be winning me any awards, but here's some sweet new stuff that's arrived recently.

So glad I found a copy of Grandia II in good shape, and the easily removed sticker on the front is the only blemish I can find. Love the crap out of that game, and it's finally mine!

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2013, 01:11:46 am »
I think I asked Kimimi about it before, but there has to be a solid way to teach yourself Japanese. I would love to import some JRPGs and .hack//LINK and be able to understand them. :(

Persistence and realistic expectations are more important than anything. Keep studying and you'll keep improving, also don't defeat yourself by getting downhearted when you don't magically know every word after six months.

jobocan

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2013, 06:30:34 pm »
Got my copy of Atelier Ayesha... over a week late even though I pre-ordered it!

« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2013, 08:01:38 pm »
My last pickus, not all great games but Zellers is closing this week in my city ;)

jcalder8

« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2013, 09:13:40 pm »
My last pickus, not all great games but Zellers is closing this week in my city ;)
I loved it when my local ones closed, I was able to buy a couple of the store displays :D

« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2013, 09:41:58 pm »
Unfortunately, i arrived too late and all of them were sold :(

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2013, 10:02:04 pm »
This picture is for Soera.  I found it today for $7

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:05:39 pm by turf »

« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2013, 11:00:52 pm »
I'll update as I get stuff

Saturn:

Saturn Bomberman $3 CIB
Space Jam $3 CIB
Sky Target $3 CIB
Spot goes to Hollywood $3 CIB
Mechwarrior 2 $3 CIB
Dragonheart Fire & Steel $3 CIB

GB
Donkey Kong Land 2 $2 CO
Tetris $2 CO
Mickey's Ultimate Challenge $2 CO

SNES

Game Genie x3 $0
Chuck Rock $2

NES

Game Gene x2 $0

PS1

Wipeout (long box) $3 CIB
Warpath Jurassic Park $3 CIB
Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock $10 CIB
Resident Evil Directors cut w/ demo $12 CIB
Theme Park $5 CIB

Atari

Sky Skipper $1
Krull $1

TI-99

Parsec $1

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:18:39 am by ffmaniac2050 »

sin2beta

« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2013, 12:01:01 am »

That is one of my favorite NES games. When I was a kid, around 1997 or so, I read someone's geocities NES site. His favorite game was Crash n' the Boys. I had to hunt the game down. It is one of the best on the NES.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

blipcs76

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2013, 04:18:14 pm »
I've barely picked up anything since garage sale season ended around here, mostly scrounging pawn shops and thrift stores.  Found a few things recently though:

Xbox: Enclave - $3
NES: Darkman - $5
PSP-1001 - $10.  I've been wanting one for a long time, but I'm cheap :)  However, this $10 one didn't power on and came with no charging cable.  I'll take it to my local game store this weekend to see if they can test it.  Keeping fingers crossed.

The best news is that I tracked down a cheap used copy of Xenoblade Chronicles yesterday.  I've actually owned it since it was first released, but have left it sealed.  After watching the price climb over the past year, it became harder and harder to open that new copy.   So I managed to find a used copy at a good price and it should be arriving this weekend.  Can't wait to have a copy I can actually play :D

foxhack

« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2013, 04:20:44 pm »

$3, sealed. Ahoy crappy game.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2013, 04:28:22 pm »
I've actually read (and, pretty much, liked) that whole "Left Behind" series of books, Foxy  ;)

Then again, I've also read (and *LOVED*) all of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books/series...and...some of us know how well that did (read: *Didn't*) translate into video games...
 >:( :-\ :'(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2013, 04:54:48 pm »

LOL that game along with Lolo 2 and grey Ms Pacman are a few of the ones I seem to have no luck finding. Nice pick up for $7! :)

foxhack

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2013, 05:01:55 pm »
I've actually read (and, pretty much, liked) that whole "Left Behind" series of books, Foxy  ;)

Then again, I've also read (and *LOVED*) all of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" books/series...and...some of us know how well that did (read: *Didn't*) translate into video games...
Oh, just to be clear: I make no comments on the content of the books, or the themes they carry. I may not agree with them, but that's their own thing. I'm commenting on the actual quality of the game.

I've seen good religious games (movies, music, and other media too) be made, unfortunately many of them use the religion itself as a way to shield themselves from criticism.

TL;DR: I don't give a damn if you're praising Cthulhu, IF YOUR GAME SUCKS THEN IT SUCKS. :)

htimreimer

« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2013, 06:50:21 pm »

Oh, just to be clear: I make no comments on the content of the books, or the themes they carry. I may not agree with them, but that's their own thing. I'm commenting on the actual quality of the game.

I've seen good religious games (movies, music, and other media too) be made, unfortunately many of them use the religion itself as a way to shield themselves from criticism.

TL;DR: I don't give a damn if you're praising Cthulhu, IF YOUR GAME SUCKS THEN IT SUCKS. :)
you know what the weirdest thing about the religious genre is, about 92 to 97 percent of them are christian and the other 8 to 3 percent are about other religions, so if you find a game thats based around other religions, its probably rare and yes i did do the math to come up these percentages
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:52:52 pm by htimreimer »