Author Topic: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 28399 times)

sin2beta

Re: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2013, 02:13:29 am »
Had a pretty good day today. If it's in a box, it's complete.

Congrats on the Comix Zone. It may not be the rarest in the haul. But it is a damn fine game. If you enjoy that one, keep an eye out for the Sega Technical Institutes other gem, "the Ooze".

A complete copy of Duck Tales 2 is in that pic, and you complement him on the very common Comix Zone game?  :o

Have you PLAYED Comix Zone?!? Of course that should be the reason for the congrats!  ;D
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

darko

« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2013, 02:34:54 am »
From a gaming standpoint DT2 is almost terrible. From a collecting standpoint DT2 is incredible. I say you're both right.

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2013, 02:37:06 am »
I've got some really cool stuff from today to add, but it'll wait til I can clean it all up and I'm not completely exhausted. In the meantime, a couple of bits I'm rather excited about...

Still amazed I got Crimson Gem Saga without paying an arm and a leg. Less than retail was originally, at least :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2013, 12:42:47 pm »

Congrats on the Comix Zone. It may not be the rarest in the haul. But it is a damn fine game. If you enjoy that one, keep an eye out for the Sega Technical Institutes other gem, "the Ooze".

A complete copy of Duck Tales 2 is in that pic, and you complement him on the very common Comix Zone game?  :o

Have you PLAYED Comix Zone?!? Of course that should be the reason for the congrats!  ;D

Oh yeah, Comix Zone is a great, unique beat-em up. But Duck Tales 2 is a fan-freaking-tastic platformer, and it's a $100 game in that condition while Comix Zone is quite common.

« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2013, 12:48:37 pm »
Oh yeah, Comix Zone is a great, unique beat-em up. But Duck Tales 2 is a fan-freaking-tastic platformer, and it's a $100 game in that condition while Comix Zone is quite common.

$100 here is roughly the equivalent cost of a new 360/PS3 collector's edition - it's a bit expensive but it's not Heim Waltz/Sapphire/Rendering Ranger sort of money.

sin2beta

« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2013, 12:52:05 pm »

:D Duck Tales 2 is indeed a fantastic pickup.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2013, 12:54:45 pm »

$100 here is roughly the equivalent cost of a new 360/PS3 collector's edition - it's a bit expensive but it's not Heim Waltz/Sapphire/Rendering Ranger sort of money.

Well yeah. But there aren't a whole lot of NES games that fetch more than that. Personally, that's too much to spend on a single game for me.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »
Guess I did a little late-night shopping last night. Woke this morning to discover I had purchased King's Knight (NES) for $0.75 plus shipping last night! Nice job drunk Nathan!

I also recently got Kirby Super Star for Wii Virtual Console for 150 Club Nintendo Points. I really wanted Paper Mario for 200 points, but I was 10 points shy and both offers were about to expire.

darko

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2013, 02:36:36 pm »
Not trying to brag at all, but your estimates in DT2 are a little off. Someone scored a deal on the complete DT2 at the 100 dollar mark on eBay. The cart alone typically sells for $100-125. It's a little closer to BB2 with the box and manual.

EDIT: I'm saying that a complete DT2 goes for about what a BB2 cart goes for on eBay right now.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:41:29 pm by darko »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2013, 02:53:18 pm »
Not trying to brag at all, but your estimates in DT2 are a little off. Someone scored a deal on the complete DT2 at the 100 dollar mark on eBay. The cart alone typically sells for $100-125. It's a little closer to BB2 with the box and manual.

I was just shopping around for it recently, and I was finding that DT2 carts were starting at around $65-$70 plus shipping. Didn't get it, though. I ended up getting some PS1 RPGs, instead (Parasite Eve, and FF 8, 9, & 10; and Armored Core)

sin2beta

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2013, 03:01:22 pm »

I was just shopping around for it recently, and I was finding that DT2 carts were starting at around $65-$70 plus shipping. Didn't get it, though. I ended up getting some PS1 RPGs, instead (Parasite Eve, and FF 8, 9, & 10; and Armored Core)

Looking at ebay completed listings, it seems NTSC-U goes for about 100-125. But the PAL versions for for 65-70. Were you looking elsewhere than ebay?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2013, 04:02:03 pm »

Looking at ebay completed listings, it seems NTSC-U goes for about 100-125. But the PAL versions for for 65-70. Were you looking elsewhere than ebay?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:03:49 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2013, 04:52:13 pm »
Some more  PSP / PS2 :)

The excellent t Puirsuit Force Extreme Justice was heavily suggested by  Metal Jesus in one of his last vidéos :)

PSP Collecting - Hidden Gems 2 - YouTube

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2013, 07:45:27 pm »
I picked up Super Bonk on the SNES to say. It was just a shade under $5 after tax.

« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2013, 08:47:50 pm »
I picked up a couple things between friday night and today.

Friday night, I won an auction for a complete copy of Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door for 23.50. I was quite happy with that as I just sort of discovered the Paper Mario series, (currently playing Paper Mario from VC on my Wii U), and heard this one could be kind of pricey.

I also bought a copy of Skies of Arcadia: Legends off amazon earlier today for 56.00, and did one day shipping. It is complete as well. I have played it before, and while I wasn't a huge fan I thought I could give it another chance.

And last, I picked up the guide for New Super Mario Bros. U at Target today while I was getting some medicine for my wife. I like the guide, and the poster it came with.

Also debating running up to Best Buy tomorrow as they are suppose to have that Adventure Time game on the 3DS for 9.99. Hoping to get a copy.