Author Topic: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 28397 times)

Re: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2013, 04:03:54 am »
And Finally
Sega genesis model 2,CD and 32x in one shot along with Doom(32x) and Thunderstrike(CD)

Very nice! I've always wanted one. But my Sega CD died.

yeah I can defiantly use some good game recommendations for it though.

Top choices for Sega CD, IMO:

-Android Assault (shoot-em up)
-Eternal Champions: Challenge From the Darkside
-Final Fight CD
-Lords of Thunder - Great shoot-em up with a fantasy-setting, and one of the best, most rocking soundtracks ever in a video game.
-Mortal Kombat
-Road Rash
-Robo-Aleste (shoot-em up)
-Sidearms
-Sonic CD - Best Sega CD game, IMO.
-Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin

Not sure how my reply wound up in the middle of this quoted comment originally, but what I was saying is that there is no Sidearms for Sega CD.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:56:22 pm by brettybluevein »
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2013, 04:05:33 am »
And Finally
Sega genesis model 2,CD and 32x in one shot along with Doom(32x) and Thunderstrike(CD)

Very nice! I've always wanted one. But my Sega CD died.

yeah I can definitely use some good game recommendations for it though.

Albert Odyssey, Vay, and the Lunar games. Lunar not as much cause you can get them on other systems. Vay most definitely though. Such an awesome game!

Albert Odyssey is on Sega Saturn, not Sega CD.
I'M ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY COMPLETE COPIES OF SEGA CD AND SEGA SATURN GAMES, SO PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY.

soera

« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2013, 10:45:58 am »
Yeah I meant popful mail.  :o

« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2013, 12:49:20 pm »
I got these presents from my friends yesterday for my birthday :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2013, 12:52:58 pm »
Happy B-Day!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #200 on: March 24, 2013, 03:13:50 pm »
I got these presents from my friends yesterday for my birthday :)

Can't quite see what Game Boy titles those are.

BTW, Happy Birthday!

« Reply #201 on: March 24, 2013, 03:42:58 pm »
Thank you guys :)

The GB titels are Milon's Castle Adenture and Wizzard adn Warrior's fortress of fear :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #202 on: March 24, 2013, 04:10:11 pm »
Is the Milon game just a port of the NES game, or is it an entirely different game?

jcalder8

« Reply #203 on: March 24, 2013, 04:31:33 pm »
Happy birthday elraiser!

I picked up a couple things recently:
Fatal Inertia - 3.00 used complete
MLB 11 The Show - .96 new
Tetris Axis - 4.96 new
Luminous Arc - 8.00 used complete

« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »
Is the Milon game just a port of the NES game, or is it an entirely different game?

Good question, iu will try to find it outm i did not have a chance to test it yet :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2013, 07:16:01 pm »
I forgot to add that I bought Blitz:The League II. It was $0.50. I'll buy a polished dog turd for 50 cents. It's not hard to get half a dollar's worth of fun out of something.

« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2013, 12:02:30 pm »
Just ordered Capcom vs SNK 2 (Naomi GD ROM) and a Knights of Valour 3 poster :D

« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2013, 12:52:48 pm »
I acquired a SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, and PS1 last weekend, but wanted to wait until I could get them cleaned up a bit, since they were all a bit grimy and nicotine-stained. They were also all completely free!

The SNES is the one I had growing up, and according to the sticker on the back, it was purchased on 9/10/1993. Box is in great shape, as is the overall system, as it's still pretty close to the original color despite YEARS of my parents smoking indoors when I was younger.

The others are inherited from my Mom's ex-boyfriend, who passed away from liver and prostate cancer last year. Without getting into too much detail, he and I didn't never got along, partially due to his alcoholism, and in many respects, I hate the guy... but when you see someone dying in front of you, it's hard to hold onto that feeling. His kids don't give a damn about any of this stuff, so I felt like these old systems deserved a good home, and I've been wanting to get back to my gaming roots, anyway.

I thought about doing some before-and-after shots, but decided to just dig in and start cleaning them up as best I could. The pics are what they look like after some elbow grease with a Magic Eraser, and a mixture of peroxide and baking soda. Still not perfect, but not too bad! A couple games came in too, so this past week has basically been like Christmas :)

from what i understand smoking was not the issue with the color change. its sunlight. the plastic used on the SNES contained Bromine. this is what changed the nice grey color to the stained yellow color.

nice to see yours has little of this. the one i picked up was kept in a garage and is stopless on the ourside. sadly there is rust on the internal plate and the outside of the pin reader.

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2013, 02:38:53 pm »
from what i understand smoking was not the issue with the color change. its sunlight. the plastic used on the SNES contained Bromine. this is what changed the nice grey color to the stained yellow color.

nice to see yours has little of this. the one i picked up was kept in a garage and is stopless on the ourside. sadly there is rust on the internal plate and the outside of the pin reader.

Yeah, the yellowing on the controller ports is almost certainly the result of that. It was thankfully kept in a relatively dark place most of the time, even when I was a kid, so that probably helped a lot, though I've seen comments that oxidization plays a role, too.

The nicotine is mostly the nasty, sticky crap I spent a couple hours wiping off, along with hardened human hand sweat (seriously, the PS1 controller was enough to make a person throw up and took an hour on its own) from my Mom's ex, and other sundry bits. Didn't cause the same kind of yellowing, but there was a definite veneer of something foul that darkened the color on everything. I think I got most of it, or as much as I could without dipping everything in a solution of some kind.

soera

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2013, 02:42:48 pm »

nice to see yours has little of this. the one i picked up was kept in a garage and is spotless on the outside. sadly there is rust on the internal plate and the outside of the pin reader.

Yeah, the yellowing on the controller ports is almost certainly the result of that. It was thankfully kept in a relatively dark place most of the time, even when I was a kid, so that probably helped a lot, though I've seen comments that oxidization plays a role, too.

The nicotine is mostly the nasty, sticky crap I spent a couple hours wiping off, along with hardened human hand sweat (seriously, the PS1 controller was enough to make a person throw up and took an hour on its own) from my Mom's ex, and other sundry bits. Didn't cause the same kind of yellowing, but there was a definite veneer of something foul that darkened the color on everything. I think I got most of it, or as much as I could without dipping everything in a solution of some kind.

Ugh! I would have tossed that PS1 controller straight into the trash. They are fairly common.