Author Topic: Game-related novelties  (Read 12235 times)

jcalder8

Re: Game-related novelties
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 10:22:58 pm »
There are some really interesting prints on that site but the ones that I am looking at are unfortunately sold out :(

atariboy

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 10:56:41 pm »
A couple of Monopoly Games.

Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 12:07:53 am »
I have the top one, <3 me some Nintendo monopoly!

scott

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 12:10:59 am »
Those remind me, I need to buy a copy of MGS Risk.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

amauriel

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 02:13:36 am »
I have the top one as well; I think the tokens are much better. However, the bottom one has some Animal Crossing properties, if I'm not mistaken.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 10:29:41 am »
I just acquired the Zelda and SMB board games. :)

desocietas

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 02:39:16 pm »
I thought this was good for a laugh:

The original:

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 03:08:56 pm »
That's ridiculous.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 06:22:57 pm »
That's ridiculous.

I didn't know about this "ugliest art box ever" commentary that's been going on about that GOTY edition, but I guess it's being widely ridiculed.

PUBLISHERS Y U NO LEAVE BOX ART ALONE?

Ignoring the text, the image is still bad with the arm straight out of the left side like that, the fade to the right, the bat logo appearing several times, etc.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 11:33:40 pm »
Publishers, WHERE'S THE PC VERSION WHY DO YOU HATE US SO

psydswipe

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 07:37:07 am »
I've got a bunch of cheap items with game logos on them and some nice little trinkets. About 10-12 years ago I used to get stuff from game companies for my work, but a lot of companies just slap game logos on junk so most of it isn't great, like Syphon Filter shampoos (labeled as spy type things, like poison I think). T-shirts aren't really novelties but I have some of those, including a Shenmue one that Sega also sent some trading cards with (some other shirts include Power Stone, Gran Turismo 5, and Splashdown). A few other things I have are a Crazy Taxi air freshener, Kingdom Hearts keychain, and a foam Shinobi shuriken. I've got lapel pins of SimCity and Starsiege: Tribes too. At E3 nine years ago I snagged some GTA Vice City postcard books. Yeah, I was only supposed to take one but I managed to get three  8) It was the best free thing I could find at the show so I went back for more.

Looking around my work desk now I've got stickers from GTA IV, Bully, Midnight Club and Max Payne that I received from Rockstar.  One of my larger items is a mini pinata that came packaged inside a crate with the Viva Pinata logo on it. Not sure if there are slides for this but I've got a black Viewmaster with the PlayStation 2 name on it. Another Sony item is an inflatable Ratchet. Some other things on my work desk that were actually purchased back in the early '80s include a sheet of stickers from the Sega racing game Turbo and a Donkey Kong Puzzles & Mazes book that I never wrote in.

If anyone wants to see all this junk maybe I'll take some pictures this weekend. I don't have a camera with me at work though and I'm off tomorrow. I did take a picture of my desk last year that probably shows off a few things.

soera

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 10:49:55 pm »
That foam shuriken sounds like a win to me!

psydswipe

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 11:52:49 am »
No requests for images?  :-\ Well, I took some anyway ;D I won't fill the thread with them though, and I'm not really sure they all belong in a novelties thread. If you want to see them here is a link: http://imageshack.us/g/407/adsgj.jpg/

If you view them in order here is what you'll see:
1. Some classic stuff. Pac-Man trading cards and stickers, a Pac-Man game (not sure what these are called, similar to pachinko), Intellivision PlayCable box and catalog,
2. Not very interesting, just some bags, notepads, press kit folders, and Soul Calibur II artwork from Todd McFarlane.
3. A lot of the junk I mentioned in a previous post. I've got a lot of stickers, postcards (the Castlevania item, other games underneath), and ads too. The little Deus Ex box under the football is full of mints.
4. Some Sega things, mostly Dreamcast press items. The zipper cases are nice.
5. T-shirts and a couple of action figures.
6. Not the best picture but behind the Star Wars items is an Exarch (canceled MMO) poster signed by Joe Madureira.
7. NeverWinter Nights art signed by a few people. Not sure who signed it but it doesn't appear to be the BioWare founders so I'd guess NWN artists. Got it with a press kit.
8. Advertising pieces I got from a toy store I worked at during college. Also, a Pac-Man board game.

desocietas

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »
No requests for images?  :-\ Well, I took some anyway ;D I won't fill the thread with them though, and I'm not really sure they all belong in a novelties thread. If you want to see them here is a link: http://imageshack.us/g/407/adsgj.jpg/

If you view them in order here is what you'll see:
1. Some classic stuff. Pac-Man trading cards and stickers, a Pac-Man game (not sure what these are called, similar to pachinko), Intellivision PlayCable box and catalog,
2. Not very interesting, just some bags, notepads, press kit folders, and Soul Calibur II artwork from Todd McFarlane.
3. A lot of the junk I mentioned in a previous post. I've got a lot of stickers, postcards (the Castlevania item, other games underneath), and ads too. The little Deus Ex box under the football is full of mints.
4. Some Sega things, mostly Dreamcast press items. The zipper cases are nice.
5. T-shirts and a couple of action figures.
6. Not the best picture but behind the Star Wars items is an Exarch (canceled MMO) poster signed by Joe Madureira.
7. NeverWinter Nights art signed by a few people. Not sure who signed it but it doesn't appear to be the BioWare founders so I'd guess NWN artists. Got it with a press kit.
8. Advertising pieces I got from a toy store I worked at during college. Also, a Pac-Man board game.

Looks like some good swag to me!  Yeah, maybe not novelties... I started this thread way back when for things like soap bars molded to look like Gameboys :)

How do you store these things?  That's always the hardest part for me and swag.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

atariboy

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 09:13:47 pm »
I have a bunch of grand theft auto wrapping paper that game crazy threw out. I've gotten alot of things like that just from dumpster diving at game crazy when they were around. I haven't picked much up since they closed down.

I have tons of "crap" from dumpster diving it's pretty much all packed in boxes in storage somewhere. I need to sort through all that stuff and get rid of some of it. it's just hard to let stuff go sometimes.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:28:31 pm by atariboy »
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw