Author Topic: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?  (Read 17341 times)

scott

Re: Do You Have Any Unpopular Gaming Opinions?
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2013, 05:54:17 pm »
ha nice.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2013, 06:38:26 pm »
All video games are evil
they should be all sent to me to be correctly destroyed.
I will enjoy playing I mean destroying them in the near future.

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2013, 11:17:24 pm »
I like checkpoints.  I know it makes games easier, but I'd rather be challenged by the actual game, not by having to do the same things again and again, just to try the hard bit again.  I'm looking at you Demon's souls.

htimreimer

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 01:52:56 am »
I thought of one that reading the rest of the topic is bound to be unpopular.

- The 360 and PS3 are the same system. Seriously, flip a coin. It ain't the Genesis SNES days. The games look the same on the 360 vs PS3. What people criticize one system for, the other does it just as bad. They are both media hubs to the same degree. Sony has been trying to be an all-in-one entertainment device from the beginning. There are a few exclusives for each, but most are forgettable. But the systems are REMARKABLY similar and bland when it comes to identity. Neither company is focused on games. Just selling consoles. That is their business.

- Nintendo is the only company that still has a unique identity and feels like a console vs a stripped down PC. (although, I remember Mark from classic game room saying something similar in his Wii U review)
i very much agree with you
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:08:20 am by htimreimer »

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 04:41:20 am »
I think it's sad that people try to determine "gamer cred" based upon the genres someone enjoys or the stores in which they buy their games.  What's extra sad is trying to tie those two things together to feel double superior about themself. 

I enjoyed the N64 controller, and it's probably my favorite console (though I collect mainly NES...).  I loath the rumble pak though.

I want a Uniracers sequel/remake.

Strategy guides and internet walkthroughs killed RPGs for me.  It may well be my fault for lacking the restraint to use them, but oh well.  Also, having children and a full time job may have factored in as well.  Either way, I don't spend as much time with the genre as I did 20, or even 10 years ago.

I want another Tony Hawk game, more in the spirit of TWPS 4.

Kirby games need a hardcore mode.

Majora's Mask sucked, as least as far as Zelda games go.
This space for rent.  Affordable rates.  Inquire within.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 08:38:43 am »
Would *liking* Soera count as an unpopular opinion?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 09:04:08 am »

Yes!

I kid, Soera is my buddy, we just don't agree on a few things.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2013, 10:14:47 am »

Yes!

I kid, Soera is my buddy, we just don't agree on a few things.

Yeah -not seeing everything the exact same way- has nothing to do w/ liking/not liking someone :)

darko

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 11:17:08 am »
I like soera, but strongly dislike his preferences (for the most part). That's why we give each other so much shit :)

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:46 am »
Another one - for the time, the Atari Lynx is amazing. The tech they crammed into that thing is just unbelievable considering the era.

soera

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2013, 11:19:49 am »
I like Soera and I agree with all his preferences. Hes like amazing. Its crazy.

darko

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 11:20:33 am »
Another one - for the time, the Atari Lynx is amazing. The tech they crammed into that thing is just unbelievable considering the era.

I only ask this because I don't know; do most people think the Lynx is garbage? I've admittedly never played one but it's something I've always wanted.

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2013, 11:26:05 am »
It's generally considered as even more of a failure than the Game Gear... which may not be untrue, but that doesn't mean that the hardware isn't good or that there aren't games worth playing, just that they didn't sell well.

Of course both of them went up against a handheld that would go on to become not just a massive commercial hit but an icon of gaming, so "failure" is kinda relative (a bit like the PSP "failing" against the DS).

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 11:34:20 am »
I think it's sad that people try to determine "gamer cred" based upon the genres someone enjoys or the stores in which they buy their games.  What's extra sad is trying to tie those two things together to feel double superior about themself. 

I can't speak for everyone who holds opinions that might be interpreted this way, but I think reducing these comments to simply people determining "gamer cred" is simplistic view.

The way I look at it, a lot of us have been gaming for years, sometimes decades, and have seen enough big shifts happen in the industry that we have a certain sense when things are happening, however gradually. It stands to reason that a lot of what you're perceiving as superiority is really just knowledgeable, experienced people making a correlation between certain genres, demographics, etc. and negative changes that they've observed.

I've only been here a short while compared to a lot of the others, but I figure if anyone here really wanted to wave their dick around, they'd go to GameFAQs.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2013, 12:08:55 pm »
I like Soera and I agree with all his preferences. Hes like amazing. Its crazy.

I like that you're too damned lazy to even bother making an alt to post some shit like this  ;)