Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 194207 times)

kashell

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #1155 on: April 06, 2017, 10:44:05 am »
Rule of Rose isn't too long. I think I finished it in about six or seven hours.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1156 on: April 12, 2017, 01:42:48 pm »
BurningDoom's 2017 Games Beaten List:
1. Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DS)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
3. Elements of Destruction (DS)
4. Crypt of the Serpent King (XBox One Digital)
5. Rayman: Origins (XBox 360)
6. Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary (XBox One - via Master Chief Collection)
7. Halo 2 Anniversary (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)

8. Halo 3 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)

I've played and beaten this game before, but the original XBox 360 version. This is the first time I'm playing this via the Master Chief Collection on XBox One.

I always love the campaigns in Halo games. Halo 3 is no exception. Although it's not as exciting as Halo 1 or 2. And graphically, it actually looks worse than Halo 1 & 2 in this collection, since the first 2 games received the HD remaster treatment, and Halo 3 & 4 did not.

But yeah, it was a good time. If you don't like Halo, you probably don't enjoy FPS in general.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1157 on: April 12, 2017, 01:53:33 pm »
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)

One of the best games I've ever played, bar-none! And that's saying a lot considering it's a Zelda game, and some of those already on my list for best games of all-time. It as the perfect marriage of Elder Scrolls and Zelda, two of my all-time favorite gaming franchises.

Unlike most people with this game, I DID NOT use a guide. I rarely use guides in games, because for me part of joy of playing a game is exploring and discovering things on my own.

As a result, I did not max out my heart containers like others. I did get The Master Sword, I got all of my memories recovered, and I upgraded quite a bit of armor (thought not all of it, those damn star shards are just too rare to wait around for, and I didn't seek out all the dragon's horns). I also unlocked every tower, and defeated every Divine Beast. I ended with 85 shrines completed.

By the time I got to 85 shrines, I kind of started feeling like the game was overstaying it's welcome, so I went and defeated Ganon to get the true ending. I actually defeated him once before, without all of my memories recovered, and also got the bad ending. So I saw both. All it is is that you don't get the extra scene after the credits if you don't recover all of your memories, which really wasn't that big of a deal of a scene. Kind of sad reward for a quest where your only freaking clues are a picture of landscape. It wasn't easy to track down all of those places without a guide.

So yeah, fantastic game. One of the best ever, IMO. And of those games that I was so OCD over, that I'll probably be taking a break from gaming for a little bit and spending my free-time with Netflix for a little bit. (Well, other than beating Halo 4, since that's the only one in the Halo Collection I haven't beaten yet, and I don't want to leave that hanging.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:58:04 pm by burningdoom »

kashell

« Reply #1158 on: April 14, 2017, 10:08:59 pm »
Ghosthunter has been completed. A bit short, but still a great game.

« Reply #1159 on: April 18, 2017, 08:12:04 am »
Finished Gears 4 on Friday and decided to start Yooka Laylee... finished it last night

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1160 on: April 18, 2017, 10:33:57 am »
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

10. Halo 4 (XBox One - Via Master Chief Collection)

I have now played through all 4 games on Halo Master Chief Collection. Great games, the first trilogy being a bit better than #4.

That said, Halo 4 was still fun, I mean, it's still Halo. It's just that the story wasn't as grand, being that it fit into a nice, neat single game; while the other 3 were an overreaching storyarc. And the game was significantly harder. I felt like I was playing on Hard, in Normal mode on Halo 4. And that made it less fun, for me.

The biggest disappointment, though, is that I beat all 4 games. Completed every single mission, on Normal Difficulty. But the "Veteran" Achievement won't unlock, which what you're supposed to get for beating all 4 games. Nor will the achievement for beating Halo 4. Yet it's there, on my profile, I can look though every mission of every game and they are all marked as been beaten on Normal on a Solo-Campaign...WTF Microsoft?! That was a lot of time and effort to beat 4 games.

telly

« Reply #1161 on: April 20, 2017, 08:27:02 pm »
Pokemon Platinum is done! Beat the Elite Four with a Nuzlocke challenge, which felt really good to accomplish because other times I've beaten Nuzlocke's it's been on an emulator.

On to REmake for a total change of pace! Haha
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1162 on: April 24, 2017, 06:21:05 pm »
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

11. DuckTales (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)

I've beaten this before, more than once. But this was the first time playing it on the Disney Afternoon Collection via XBox One.

Besides a little slowdown here or there, it's just like the original game, to the last pixel. And it's still one of the best 2D platformers ever made!

BTW, I did receive my achievement for beating this game, despite not getting it for beating all 4 games in Halo: Master Chief Collection. (I even replayed the final mission again, just to see if it would trigger it, nothing.) I don't know what the hell is going on with Halo: Master Chief Collection.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:34:27 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1163 on: April 24, 2017, 06:33:06 pm »
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

12. Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment (Wii U)

2nd post in a row, been on a roll:

I absolutely adored Shovel Knight. I've beaten it a few times through, I love it so much. Not only one of the best modern platformers of all-time, but one of the best platformers of all-time, period.So when the Plague Knight expansion was released, I was all kinds of excited. Turned out, I'm not a fan of the gameplay mechanics of Plague Knight. Never made it very far in that one.

So when I went to look at my Wii U menu, beyond Breath of the Wild since I finally finished that, I noticed my Shovel Knight icon looked different. That's when I discovered it had another expansion, Spectre of Torment. And I fell in love with Shovel Knight all over again. Back were mechanics that felt like they had a "rhythm" to them that I got into. Finished the entire thing in one sitting and loved every moment of it! Though not quite as expansion as the original, since it's missing the overworld map and extra areas, and only has one town area. Even with the shorter game, it's blast!

azure

« Reply #1164 on: April 25, 2017, 08:06:43 pm »
Killer 7

Finished up Killer7 on GameCube a few days ago. Wow what a game, really enjoyed this one. Being a Grasshopper Manufacturer/Suda fan I knew I would get some enjoyment out of it, but it was a blast. Has the off the wall craziness and tone that hits just the right spot for me. Glad I finally got to trying this one out fully as it is one of my favorite GM/Suda titles now. Every mission was crazy and unique keeping the game fresh throughout. Definitely recommend for someone who can get into the game, or looking for something like nothing else.

maximo310

« Reply #1165 on: April 25, 2017, 08:32:55 pm »
Pokemon Sun (3DS)

Was interested in this game after a friend of mine challenged me to finish the main campaign after finding a ridiculously good deal on it. Some of the new designs were interesting, and i did like how it was a little more open ended than before ( although theres still barriers that force you to do one trial at a time). Unfortunately, the game doesn't feel very challenging once you get past the early game, and finding trainers with more than 3 pokemon was a struggle until the last major dungeon before the legendary battle. In addition, the champion's team is kinda weak too.

However, battle tree does look promising, and im gonna have some fun with my friend with building up our teams and outfits!

Tl;dr; Game has great atmosphere and is relaxing, although a more open ended structure and multiple difficulty options would have gone a long way.

maximo310

« Reply #1166 on: April 29, 2017, 05:08:06 pm »
Double post, but got a 1-ALL of Flying Shark ( Hishouzame in JP) yesterday. Even though the ship speed is frickin molasses in this game, the game is relatively short ( 5 stages in loop 1, 4 in subsequent loops), with bomb refills every stage. In addition, the western version has lower point requirements for extends. Main issue is making routes for stages 4/5.

So I'd reccomend it to anyone looking to get into oldschool stgs, or for shmup fans looking for a easy 1cc.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1167 on: April 30, 2017, 12:39:55 am »
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
12. Shovel Knight - Specter of Torment (Wii U)

13. DuckTales 2 (NES - via Disney Afternoon Collection on XBox One)

Finally I have this game in my collection once again. Yeah, I'd love to own a physical copy, but for $20 with 5 other game, I'm not complaining.

Fantastic game, though not quite as good as the first DuckTales. I think it's the music that really puts the first one over-the-top. Still, I had a blast playing through this again. I hadn't played it since I was a kid and originally owned the game.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #1168 on: May 01, 2017, 10:52:54 am »
I finished Under Defeat on PS3 this weekend. I don't think I'm going to try and get the Platinum trophy; I have way too much to play in the backlog. If you guys have thought about getting this game, I would jump on it very soon.

kashell

« Reply #1169 on: May 03, 2017, 08:06:07 am »
It's time to write some reviews. Both Trillion: God of Destruction and Tokyo Mirage Sessions have been completed.